follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 2nd Gens: GR86 and BRZ > BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics

BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics General topics for the second-gen BRZ

User Tag List

Old 01-07-2022, 03:41 AM   #43
Up4speed

Drives: 2023 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thank you all for the responses and help, I truly appreciate it!
I just placed the order for an Ignition Red, limited, 6 spd manual. I also added the mirror.
Looking forward to driving it! I hope it doesn't take too long to arrive
Up4speed is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Up4speed For This Useful Post:
PBR (01-07-2022)
Old 01-07-2022, 04:52 AM   #44
TomGiles

Drives: corolla
All we can say is that, while many cars are faster or have more low at the end grunt, ALL of that suggests nothing when I get the 86 on a twisty road. I can efficiently take my stock car with Pilot Super Sports quickly and more confidently around corners than cars with more energy and wider tires. It makes you feel like you're on the rough edge wringing out everything the car has, and it's a correct fun time. Mostly essay writers do that type of funs after a lot of work.
TomGiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 12:36 PM   #45
Up4speed

Drives: 2023 BRZ Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomGiles View Post
All we can say is that, while many cars are faster or have more low at the end grunt, ALL of that suggests nothing when I get the 86 on a twisty road. I can efficiently take my stock car with Pilot Super Sports quickly and more confidently around corners than cars with more energy and wider tires. It makes you feel like you're on the rough edge wringing out everything the car has, and it's a correct fun time. Mostly essay writers do that type of funs after a lot of work.
Exactly! That's what these cars are about. Not everyone can appreciate that kind of car. I have way faster and more capable cars, but I can totally appreciate the tossability (is that a word?, lol) and fun that this car can deliver, without fearing for my life or worrying about trashing the car! Some of my friends in my car club will bust my balls for buying this, but I couldn't care less...They just DON'T GET IT!
Up4speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 11:19 AM   #46
BRZZZZZZZZZZ
Car Nut

Drives: BMW 335d, Toyota Echo RS, FRS
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomGiles View Post
Agreed, for the most part I enjoy driving this car hard more than my C5Z, and it’s also a lot more affordable to track and own. At the same time sometimes I miss the torque and loud motor on the street when I just want to cruise around town, but there’s always the trade off of cost.
BRZZZZZZZZZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 07:58 AM   #47
autosenses

Drives: 22 Raven 86, 19 STI, 15MK7 SE daily
I've been dailying my MK7 since April 2015. Its an awesome daily. I ordered a GR86 and still keeping my mk7.
autosenses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 04:21 PM   #48
brzsgal

Drives: 2022 BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Up4speed View Post
Thank you for taking the time to write this. I truly appreciate the feedback.
Obviously both cars are great, and I absolutely love my GTI, and I am going to have a hard time saying goodbye to it. BUT, reasons 6, 7, and 8 are EXACTLY why I feel the need to make the switch at this time. I am not looking for an all around car (which we all know the GTI does amazingly). I am looking for a fun track toy, that can be used as a bad weather daily driver, so I don't have to use my other cars. I don't need to go on trips, or commute to work with it, and I will basically use it only a few thousand miles per year. I literally just need it to run random errands, go to bank, post office, lunch with friends, etc.
I will use it as a direct replacement for my GTI that I had for 7 years, and I have under 20,000 miles still! I have probably only needed the rear seats only 3 or 4 times, and I never filled the back up, other than for stuff to go to the track, and all my stuff will still fit in the BRZ.
I am probably going to head to the dealer on Tuesday to try and make a deal. The only thing that will stop me is if they try to get more than MSRP. I REFUSE to pay more than that. As a matter of fact, I never paid even close to MSRP in my whole life (I usually get under invoice), and I have bought many cars in my life (I have automotive ADD, lol). I feel like, in today's market, I would be ok going up to MSRP for a car, mainly because the value of my GTI also went up, so net/net, I would still add the same money to make the swap.
Happy to be of help! Hopefully you'll be able to get one at/under MSRP! I'm in Canada so the dealer markup is not really a thing here. I ended up paying slightly under MSRP and also got a $500 holiday bonus.
brzsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to brzsgal For This Useful Post:
Up4speed (01-09-2022)