follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 05-19-2012, 07:14 PM   #1
kmbkk
First 86 Driver Baby!

Drives: FR-S, Flex
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Letter to Scion

Guys,

I'm going to write a letter to Scion providing feedback on the First 86 program experience. I want to divide it into 3 parts: the initial program launch & notification; the time leading up to, including the trip; and finally the remainder of the time leading up to, including car deliveries.

Here are a few of the details I'm going to include:

1. Initial program & notification went smoothly

2. Trip was a class act & much appreciated

3. No follow-up e-mail after trip for pricing & accessory details

4. Deliveries were greatly varied & disjointed. West coast guys seemed were well taken care of vs. east coast guys not as well. Problems getting info from dealers. Large disparity in gifts (again west coast vs. east coast).

Bottom line...Overall I think it was successful, just not a complete follow-through to the end.

Again, this is just a rough outline. Please give me any additional inputs. I'll accept them for a couple of days, then I'll finalize the letter and forward it. Please keep in mind this isn't a bitch-fest per se. I was to include positive experiences as well.
kmbkk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kmbkk For This Useful Post:
MarkRacerX (05-31-2012)
Old 05-19-2012, 07:47 PM   #2
AtlantaRock
"First86" Delivered

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmbkk View Post
Guys,

I'm going to write a letter to Scion providing feedback on the First 86 program experience. I want to divide it into 3 parts: the initial program launch & notification; the time leading up to, including the trip; and finally the remainder of the time leading up to, including car deliveries.

Here are a few of the details I'm going to include:

1. Initial program & notification went smoothly

2. Trip was a class act & much appreciated

3. No follow-up e-mail after trip for pricing & accessory details

4. Deliveries were greatly varied & disjointed. West coast guys seemed were well taken care of vs. east coast guys not as well. Problems getting info from dealers. Large disparity in gifts (again west coast vs. east coast).

Bottom line...Overall I think it was successful, just not a complete follow-through to the end.

Again, this is just a rough outline. Please give me any additional inputs. I'll accept them for a couple of days, then I'll finalize the letter and forward it. Please keep in mind this isn't a bitch-fest per se. I was to include positive experiences as well.
Great idea for feedback. I agree the initial First 86 program was great, the trip was unexpected, I was disappointed that a very specific plan was not enforced that would let all of us get our cars the same week and that a few dealers may have sold cars to others before all the 86ers had them.

My dealer really did not provide any information to me, I always had to contact them and give them the details that I got from this forum so they could follow up.

They did not know the pricing I had to tell them what it was, did not have an idea of the vin or when it would be available, or when the car was going to be delivered until I told them that PD got his car in CA, so vins were being given to other 86ers.

I do appreciate the gifts that I did received, the dealer did have a lunch for all the employees at the dealership when I picked up my FR-S. There was not a lot of extra attention but I don't have a problem with that, I just wanted to drive it.

Overall I don't have any real complaints, the car is great, the program was a great Marketing strategy and overall a success.
Old 05-19-2012, 08:34 PM   #3
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,939 Times in 11,376 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
My experience pretty much echos AtlantaRocks, I think it was a regional thing. My dealer got a VIN, but it was the WRONG one, and they almost sold the car I'm driving now. If I hadn't shown up at the dealership completely by coincidence the day they received it, they would have sold it because it wasn't the VIN they were given.

Overall though, I'm happy with the program through the surprise trip, and am glad to finally have a car I've been looking for for 20 years!
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:32 AM   #4
chate
Pharmasaurus Magnificus

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
The dealerships got 1k to do their stuff...mine must have kept it as my "markup" haha the best part of the contest was simply avoiding all the bullshit everyone else on the board is now going through to get their cars (3k markup for fake leather seat covers and illegal tint...wtf?)

2015 Nissan GTR
chate is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chate For This Useful Post:
bestwheelbase (05-31-2012)
Old 05-31-2012, 01:27 PM   #5
MarkRacerX

Drives: 12' Evo X , prior 1st 86 FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Great Idea !!!
08' STi, 04' 350Z, 04' STi, 02' WRX. 96' GSR, 04' SE-R/SpecV
MarkRacerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 02:19 PM   #6
xravexboix

Drives: 12 Camry Hybrid on 19" RE30
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to xravexboix
Quote:
Originally Posted by chate View Post
The dealerships got 1k to do their stuff...mine must have kept it as my "markup" haha the best part of the contest was simply avoiding all the bullshit everyone else on the board is now going through to get their cars (3k markup for fake leather seat covers and illegal tint...wtf?)
The $1k was a regional deal. That's why you didn't see everyone get it. SoCal is treated as a region so all 17 winners should've received something.

The CF frame, pen and car cover were from corporate. Everything should've received those (or will receive those soon).
xravexboix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 07:44 PM   #7
terrypm
First86 & burning gas!!

Drives: Asphalt 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xravexboix View Post
The $1k was a regional deal. That's why you didn't see everyone get it. SoCal is treated as a region so all 17 winners should've received something.

The CF frame, pen and car cover were from corporate. Everything should've received those (or will receive those soon).
I had to drive the 90 mile round trip to the dealer today to pickup my CF frame and pen. The dealer did not have it 2 weeks ago when I picked the car up. The salesman said he did not know anything about a car cover. I hope it will be mailed to me or else I am going to request some gas money if I have to make another trip to the dealer.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:03 PM   #8
AtlantaRock
"First86" Delivered

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrypm View Post
I had to drive the 90 mile round trip to the dealer today to pickup my CF frame and pen. The dealer did not have it 2 weeks ago when I picked the car up. The salesman said he did not know anything about a car cover. I hope it will be mailed to me or else I am going to request some gas money if I have to make another trip to the dealer.
What a terrible experience you had to drive your FR-S 90 miles, I do understand it's a pain but did you enjoy it?
I didn't get a car cover either maybe it will be in the mail. The old story "the checks in the mail" doesn't work anymore.
Enjoy your car, I'm having a great time with mine.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:10 PM   #9
chate
Pharmasaurus Magnificus

Garage
Yup, my dealer is 120 miles roundtrip, I hope they mail me whatever it is...whoever sends the letter should send a link to this thread too :P

My dealer ate a grand of party money wtf? haha

2015 Nissan GTR
Old 05-31-2012, 10:35 PM   #10
chulooz
Registered you sir

Drives: 99 impreza coupe
Wow... if 90 mile round trip is making you hurt how do the payments feel? Not a personal stab but what is $20 to you? + being broken in?
chulooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:40 PM   #11
chate
Pharmasaurus Magnificus

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chulooz View Post
Wow... if 90 mile round trip is making you hurt how do the payments feel? Not a personal stab but what is $20 to you? + being broken in?
...is there a emoticon for missing the point?

2015 Nissan GTR
The Following User Says Thank You to chate For This Useful Post:
Godzilla35 (06-01-2012)
Old 05-31-2012, 10:40 PM   #12
terrypm
First86 & burning gas!!

Drives: Asphalt 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaRock View Post
What a terrible experience you had to drive your FR-S 90 miles, I do understand it's a pain but did you enjoy it?
I didn't get a car cover either maybe it will be in the mail. The old story "the checks in the mail" doesn't work anymore.
Enjoy your car, I'm having a great time with mine.
My wife took the FR-S away from me so she can drive it. I was in the Camry. I asked her to go by there yesterday when she got off work but she told me no cause she hates dealing with salesmen.
I did ask the saleman for a copy of the shipping papers and the mso for additional paperwork on the car. I hope he will provide it to me.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:25 PM   #13
chulooz
Registered you sir

Drives: 99 impreza coupe
^^ Is she a boss or did you get an auto? The answer decides the sympathy

BTW Id never skip the chance for a smilie :happy0180:
chulooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 12:31 AM   #14
Flipside909
Toyota Connoiseur

Drives: 2011 GSE21 - 077
I wonder how many of the First 86 acquired their order.