follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > Members Classifieds > Exterior Parts (Aero, Lighting, Etc.)

User Tag List

Old 05-24-2013, 02:11 AM   #1
meow_mix
Good kitty...

Drives: Blür
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WTB OEM hood and trunk

Got some hail damage and need to replace my hood, trunk, and fenders. Looking for OEM stuff only. WRB would be preferred but the entire car is probably going to get repainted so I'm not too concerned with paint color or quality. It should, however, be free of any structural or other damage.

I'm trying to save some money to make up for my insurance deductible and other work I'm going to have done on it at the same time. Let me know what you've got. I'm willing to drive quite a ways to pick up for the right price.
meow_mix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 02:18 AM   #2
BlueSTaR

Drives: 13 BRZ Limited & 16 Hyperblue
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Use it as a chance to go with Carbon Fiber
BlueSTaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 02:20 AM   #3
86_ZN6

Drives: 86 ZN6
Thanked 2,072 Times in 1,222 Posts
Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
i got a black trunk for sale.

not sure how much shipping would cost though

selling it for $300 +shipping
86_ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 02:44 AM   #4
meow_mix
Good kitty...

bluestar - Haha, that's what my friend keeps telling me. Never been a huge fan of the carbon fiber look though. Not for me I guess. (although the roof was tempting)

86 - With shipping that would probably be right around new price. Thanks though.
Old 05-24-2013, 03:32 AM   #5
BlueSTaR

Drives: 13 BRZ Limited & 16 Hyperblue
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by meow_mix View Post
bluestar - Haha, that's what my friend keeps telling me. Never been a huge fan of the carbon fiber look though. Not for me I guess. (although the roof was tempting)

86 - With shipping that would probably be right around new price. Thanks though.
Well I'm WRB, maybe we could work something out if you're thinking CF
BlueSTaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:58 PM   #6
meow_mix
Good kitty...

Still looking.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:16 PM   #7
meow_mix
Good kitty...

I want parts. Give me. I know someone here wants to get carbon fiber parts but doesn't know what they will do with their old stuff. DO IT!!!
Old 07-24-2013, 11:50 PM   #8
Batman
Easy, Tiger.

Drives: Tiguan, S4, SBC 350 Wrangler
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
I am wanting to buy a carbon fiber hood, but want to offset the cost a bit. My hood is asphalt/dark grey color. Theres one rock chip, and one tiny dent an inch from the front of the hood, from a person (read: a$$hole) that threw a water bottle at my car during the parade yesterday. If they are repainting anyway,when they are prepping the hood, the tiny rock chip and little dent can easily be sanded and filled with dolphin glaze with minimal effort. I have neglected fixing the chip because I don't want to pay for paint or someone painting the whole hood, but now with the little dent, i'm bugged enough (mostly from watching the water bottle drop from the sky) that i'm thinking of either painting it or forking out for the carbon hood i like. I MIGHT be willing to part with the trunk as well, if the price is right, as i've had my eye on that CSL trunk that's been floating around lol.

Just have to justify with the wife why i'm spending so much on carbon parts all at once, so part of it getting paid for will help my argument! PM me if you are still looking, I have no idea how much shipping would be or good prices for them.. I know it'll be $1400-$1500 for my carbon fiber hood and trunk, shipped :/

I wish I still had family in Oklahoma, they'd be road-tripping back out your way this time of year, normally.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:26 PM   #9
meow_mix
Good kitty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman View Post
I am wanting to buy a carbon fiber hood, but want to offset the cost a bit. My hood is asphalt/dark grey color. Theres one rock chip, and one tiny dent an inch from the front of the hood, from a person (read: a$$hole) that threw a water bottle at my car during the parade yesterday. If they are repainting anyway,when they are prepping the hood, the tiny rock chip and little dent can easily be sanded and filled with dolphin glaze with minimal effort. I have neglected fixing the chip because I don't want to pay for paint or someone painting the whole hood, but now with the little dent, i'm bugged enough (mostly from watching the water bottle drop from the sky) that i'm thinking of either painting it or forking out for the carbon hood i like. I MIGHT be willing to part with the trunk as well, if the price is right, as i've had my eye on that CSL trunk that's been floating around lol.
Thanks for letting me know, I think I'm looking for something closer that I can drive to pick up though. I'm thinking shipping will be expensive and I'm kind of terrified to ship the hood. And I'm looking for something that doesn't have to be repaired for simplicity and peace of mind.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:30 PM   #10
Batman
Easy, Tiger.

Drives: Tiguan, S4, SBC 350 Wrangler
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by meow_mix View Post
Thanks for letting me know, I think I'm looking for something closer that I can drive to pick up though. I'm thinking shipping will be expensive and I'm kind of terrified to ship the hood. And I'm looking for something that doesn't have to be repaired for simplicity and peace of mind.
No worries, just throwing it out there. I can most likely get a good deal with shipping, but i realize the repair and potential disaster of shipping them is not ideal hahaha