follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 05-07-2014, 03:24 PM   #1
BC-Boy

Drives: 2013 Brz sport-tech
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Box of goodies , or ??

Package from ft86speedfactory.
Some great Perrin gear
Attached Images

Last edited by BC-Boy; 05-08-2014 at 08:16 PM.
BC-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 03:34 PM   #2
Brahsbrah

Drives: 2013 BRZ Sport Tech White Pearl
I feel your pain being Canadian brother.
Brahsbrah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Brahsbrah For This Useful Post:
topazsparrow (05-07-2014)
Old 05-07-2014, 03:46 PM   #3
executivekoala

Drives: fr-s
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Why would you have to pay shipping if it wasn't your mistake?
executivekoala is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to executivekoala For This Useful Post:
Calum (05-07-2014), Fett4Real (05-07-2014), Freeman (05-07-2014), kodyo (05-07-2014), SkAsphalt (05-08-2014)
Old 05-07-2014, 03:53 PM   #4
tinma

Drives: '13 BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I had a bit of a shipping issue also with them... I live close to the US border, so I send my stuff to a store in the states and pick it up. ft86speedfactory sent me a tracking # for my items (which i believed was all in one shipment because I only received one tracking #). I ended up only picking up one thing because they didnt send me the 2nd tracking number...meaning I had to make that long trip twice because the 2nd item came in a few days later

Not really their fault... Just adding to the pain of being in Canada lol

Last edited by tinma; 05-07-2014 at 04:20 PM.
tinma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 05:37 PM   #5
BC-Boy

Garage
Their good guys it's just like man , if you don't have something in stock tell me don't hope that it comes in and then have me pay for it and wait for it in the mail all to realize its not in the box, it's just a peice of dash that I don't even need , but that's not the point , point is don't lie to ppl to keep buisness ,be blunt and honest don't give them false hope . On another note @PERRIN is Awsome there sending me a tshirt and replacement part overall I'm happy about this but pisses me off that ppl can't just be blunt and honest. Like tuners I've had giving false hopes all to say .. Can't be done ..love the Perrin shifter knob feels good perfect size
Old 05-07-2014, 05:41 PM   #6
BC-Boy

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
Complaining about having to pay to fix their screw up. I'd be complaining to.
Well ft86sf is giving me a refund and Perrin a free t shirt so I'm just paying shipping for the t shirt basically
Old 05-07-2014, 06:03 PM   #7
BC-Boy

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by executivekoala View Post
Why would you have to pay shipping if it wasn't your mistake?
cause you would paye duties and brokerage fees twice thats why its better to have all in one box than seperate boxes so you dont pay a handling fee for each box at customs. its better to use a broker like ups or fedex because they get it across way faster, i once ordered a wideband o2 back when fast and furious was hot, and it was tru normal mail , stayed at customs for 6 days it took me 3 weeks to get it, when i lived in quebec.
Old 05-07-2014, 06:38 PM   #8
BC-Boy

Garage
Part just shipped 2hrs after i called , that is good service and that is why i dont order JDM , if this were to have happened with a JDM part id be waiting weeks or months (which has happened to me) Perrin seem like a good team. first time i order their stuff, not the last.
Old 05-07-2014, 06:50 PM   #9
thehapaone
Wasian Ninja

Drives: 2013 Crystal Black Silica BRZ-L
Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Garage
Perrin in awesome fortunately I live/work literally around the corner from their office so I get to go bug them occasionally but they make top notch pieces...you'll love the oil cooler my car has much more "safe" temps now that I have it installed. Just be careful to not mess the threading up and make sure you don't make your oil cap unopenable

Previous Cars: 1970 Chevelle 350 (crashed still have in CA), 2000 Honda Accord Coupe (sold)
thehapaone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 07:02 PM   #10
BC-Boy

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehapaone View Post
Perrin in awesome fortunately I live/work literally around the corner from their office so I get to go bug them occasionally but they make top notch pieces...you'll love the oil cooler my car has much more "safe" temps now that I have it installed. Just be careful to not mess the threading up and make sure you don't make your oil cap unopenable
Yes they seem like good people, i like the fact they went from small to big without having gotten bought out by a larger company.here in Canada we have Lachute in Quebec, they as well are good people to deal withi had in mind to finger thread on both ends of the hose then place it / tie wrap it, give it a good wiggle from end to end then tighted the fittings down, thats usually standard procedure for hydralic hoses , if they are torqued down while twisted try to straiten as they pressure up and twist at each end causing a failure.Ill watch the oil cap thanks dude
Old 05-07-2014, 07:29 PM   #11
Skurj

Drives: SOLD...
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Feel your pain! and the e-shops around these days, even when it says its in stock you can't trust them. Hell sometimes a phone call isn't foolproof.

I am willing to bet there are a lot of e-commerce sites that intentionally claim "in-stock" when they have none. Once you place the order and they get your money its you that has to deal with the headache.

Sorry I should add this is in no way directed at ft86speedfactory, I have never shopped with them.. errm I don't think I have anyways lol, but if I did the order must have been fine because I'd remember if there were problems!
Replaced with 18 50th edition ND
Skurj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 07:41 PM   #12
BC-Boy

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skurj View Post
Feel your pain! and the e-shops around these days, even when it says its in stock you can't trust them. Hell sometimes a phone call isn't foolproof.

I am willing to bet there are a lot of e-commerce sites that intentionally claim "in-stock" when they have none. Once you place the order and they get your money its you that has to deal with the headache.

Sorry I should add this is in no way directed at ft86speedfactory, I have never shopped with them.. errm I don't think I have anyways lol, but if I did the order must have been fine because I'd remember if there were problems!
yah man, and its not like i even care about that guage hood, like i dont need it at all , it would have been nice to get it, but its the fact that i hate waiting on stuff id rather spend 2hrs calling around to find somthing in stock and get it shipped asap or strait order something different than wait on some thing. ill never order somthing that im going to wait on i work out of town and only have so much time off before im back to work. i want it quick at my door
the fact i asked is it in stock.. yes yes.. that is what getting me worked up. i called them and they said its because they get alot of orders and prob there was only 1-2 left and they were put in someone elses shipment before mine got out , but like when that happens email that person and tell them ... we are actually out of stock not just keep it secret to them and wait for them to get supprised when they open their package. we get that alot in our industry youll place a 20unit order for example and only 14 come in ... then they claim out of stock and wait another week, knowing if they would have told you , you would bring your buisness elsewhere and yes that is what happens so you have to keep a large stock when you want to all ways satisfy your clients. its exspensive and risk is higher for potential loses if you dont sell .. but thats just how it goes. supply and demand.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:44 PM   #13
White64Goat

Drives: 13 BRZ CBS LTD MT, 02 WRX
Thanked 1,111 Times in 627 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Move across the border ey?
White64Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 07:45 PM   #14
BC-Boy