follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 06-25-2013, 06:30 PM   #2045
SpyderDan
Toyota hoarder

Drives: 10 Series FR-S, 05 xB, MR-S GT-300
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by supra2nv View Post
does it color shift like NSX's Imola orange? Imola shifts depending on lighting and angle from orange, gold, bright orange, metallic orange, flat orange, etc...so does this color shift as well? thank you.
Just look at pictures taken in different lighting conditions:

Here's a new shot of mine, on an overcast day here in West Hollywood:

There seems to be quite a range of color, depending on lighting.
SpyderDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 06:42 PM   #2046
supra2nv

Drives: 10 Series TRD
Thanked 1,169 Times in 700 Posts
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
literally, when you look at imola, it looks a color (say orange), then clouds come above, then it freaking changes to another! (say goldish), then you move a bit, then you see some of the car looks gold, some of the car looks orange, some of the car looks flat orange...etc all at the same time in different sections of the car. mehhh...i'll wait to see it myself lol

Wave Particle Duality
supra2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:08 PM   #2047
HotLeopardMama
Hello Kitty FRS ^_^

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
Nice pictures!!! my salesperson called me today and gave me sad news :\ the car won't come this week but the following,...im so angry/sad!! >:| troi oi
At least it's coming! Also--I assume you're Vietnamese?

2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout AT owner since June 2, 2012 - #2803
RS*R Sports-i Coilovers & LCAs|OEMaudio+ Reference|Milltek Exhaust|OZRacing FormulaHLT Wheels|Downforce CF Lip Kit|Beat-Sonic Fin & Roof Spoiler|Cusco Rear Subframe Brace
My Build Thread|Tuesday Night Irvine DJ Meet|@HotLeopardMama
HotLeopardMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:17 PM   #2048
Gixxersixxerman

Drives: Toyota GT86, 66 beetle, 11 GSXR 750
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quote:
literally, when you look at imola, it looks a color (say orange), then clouds come above, then it freaking changes to another! (say goldish), then you move a bit, then you see some of the car looks gold, some of the car looks orange, some of the car looks flat orange...etc all at the same time in different sections of the car. mehhh...i'll wait to see it myself lol
I haven't seen the imola orange that you speak of.. But I have had a lot of experience with the mystic cobras from ford back in the day.. And if you mean a color change like that.. From the blue to green and purple and gold and stuff, then no.. I didn't get to see it in the shade, but looking down the side did give off a nice "blueish" hue, and a "silverish" when viewed directly, with a nice bright silve "goldish" hue.. It's really a nice color.. It looks as if someone that knows what they are doing with pearlescent paint mixed it up and sprayed it... I have NO "orange peel" on my paint but do have a defect here and there, and this paint from what I could see is easily on par.. Again, I'm not a fan of silver, and I wouldn't pick this color if it was available regularly next to my asphalt.. BUT I wouldn't be upset owning this perticular color.. The push to start I like, the climate control is much nicer in person, I like the rear view mirror.. The seat belts are bright and "pop" but to me don't go with the car.. The "T" pattern that everyone complained looked like fake carbon, has now deffiently been replaced with fake carbon.. The badges and shift knob are not my thing, the headlights don't do anything for me either.. BUT over all, this wouldn't be a bad option if your buying at FRS.. In my mind a not wise investment trading a FRS in for it..
Gixxersixxerman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gixxersixxerman For This Useful Post:
supra2nv (06-25-2013)
Old 06-25-2013, 07:19 PM   #2049
supra2nv

thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxersixxerman View Post
I haven't seen the imola orange that you speak of.. But I have had a lot of experience with the mystic cobras from ford back in the day.. And if you mean a color change like that.. From the blue to green and purple and gold and stuff, then no.. I didn't get to see it in the shade, but looking down the side did give off a nice "blueish" hue, and a "silverish" when viewed directly, with a nice bright silve "goldish" hue.. It's really a nice color.. It looks as if someone that knows what they are doing with pearlescent paint mixed it up and sprayed it... I have NO "orange peel" on my paint but do have a defect here and there, and this paint from what I could see is easily on par.. Again, I'm not a fan of silver, and I wouldn't pick this color if it was available regularly next to my asphalt.. BUT I wouldn't be upset owning this perticular color.. The push to start I like, the climate control is much nicer in person, I like the rear view mirror.. The seat belts are bright and "pop" but to me don't go with the car.. The "T" pattern that everyone complained looked like fake carbon, has now deffiently been replaced with fake carbon.. The badges and shift knob are not my thing, the headlights don't do anything for me either.. BUT over all, this wouldn't be a bad option if your buying at FRS.. In my mind a not wise investment trading a FRS in for it..

Wave Particle Duality
Old 06-25-2013, 07:37 PM   #2050
UNICRN
<3 Tory Burch <3

Drives: M/T 10 Series #0039
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotLeopardMama View Post
At least it's coming! Also--I assume you're Vietnamese?
Lmao! I was gonna say the same thing about the "troi oi" haha.
UNICRN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to UNICRN For This Useful Post:
HotLeopardMama (06-25-2013)
Old 06-25-2013, 10:19 PM   #2051
SpyderDan
Toyota hoarder

Drives: 10 Series FR-S, 05 xB, MR-S GT-300
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Anybody figure out the keyless entry features yet? So far, I've had to use the buttons on the fob to lock and unlock the car, and have not been able to get it to work like the BRZ Limited does.

Once I get home, I will RTFM and see if I can find some info.
SpyderDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:16 PM   #2052
UNICRN
<3 Tory Burch <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderDan View Post
Anybody figure out the keyless entry features yet? So far, I've had to use the buttons on the fob to lock and unlock the car, and have not been able to get it to work like the BRZ Limited does.

Once I get home, I will RTFM and see if I can find some info.
If u have the key, don't touch the 2 hash marks. That locks the door. Just grab the handle & it should open. If the other door is open on the driver side, it won't work on the passenger side? This is my understanding after looking like an idiot trying to open the door.

Sigh, just makes me sad how close I was to having the 10 series & could be playing around with it now also. I can just see my mom's face when I come home with another colored fr-s-- like the commercial of the guys bringing an fr-s home to their wives.

[ame]http://youtu.be/WKfmCBqyJeo[/ame]
The Following User Says Thank You to UNICRN For This Useful Post:
twoodcc (06-28-2013)
Old 06-25-2013, 11:40 PM   #2053
caaf

Drives: FRS 10 series
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNICRN View Post
Sigh, just makes me sad how close I was to having the 10 series & could be playing around with it now also. I can just see my mom's face when I come home with another colored fr-s-- like the commercial of the guys bringing an fr-s home to their wives.

I love that commercial.
What was the reasoning for backing out? Just due to not being able to swap the BeSpoke module or was there more to it?
caaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:56 PM   #2054
UNICRN
<3 Tory Burch <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by caaf View Post
I love that commercial.
What was the reasoning for backing out? Just due to not being able to swap the BeSpoke module or was there more to it?
Just didn't feel right. I felt as if they were treating me like an easy sale due to being a special edition. They never gave me an option list of PIOS & told me certain PIOs were already added & couldn't be removed or saying I have to take nitrogen in my tires for an extra cost when I never asked for it. When I started questioning things, they just said it's how it is. It wasn't until I told them I was talking to another dealer that they changed their words.

Not to mention, not knowing anything about what they are selling me. He told me the LED accents for $ 399 was for the interior of the car.

They'll say or do whatever to make a sale ( i know this isn't everyone.) I don't like being swindled or taken advantage of. I read/ learned a lot about the car from fellow forum members & I thank everyone for sharing. I rather take my business elsewhere & work directly with a Scion manager/Fr-s owner/ fellow forum member.

I know it's business & I shouldn't take it personal. Not a fan of the car buying process

Sorry for the rant.

Last edited by UNICRN; 06-26-2013 at 12:18 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to UNICRN For This Useful Post:
SuperDave (06-26-2013), supra2nv (06-26-2013), twoodcc (06-28-2013)
Old 06-26-2013, 12:34 AM   #2055
supra2nv

my car just showed up tonight. I am not allowed to take it tonight, but Im going to at least go pay for it lol. I wanna look at it....also, I just wanna pay for it. brb lol

Edit: couldn't finish docs as they were closed, but Albert at Cerritos stayed extra long to let me check out my car. He is truly a nice guy. He's become a friend (we hit it off ever since I met him last year for my Raven)

Wave Particle Duality

Last edited by supra2nv; 06-26-2013 at 05:40 AM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to supra2nv For This Useful Post:
applekash (06-26-2013), FiRStsc10n (06-26-2013), Gixxersixxerman (06-26-2013), torqdork (06-26-2013), UNICRN (06-26-2013)
Old 06-26-2013, 12:59 AM   #2056
torqdork

Drives: RV-7
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
my car just showed up tonight. I am not allowed to take it tonight, but Im going to at least go pay for it lol. I wanna look at it....also, I just wanna pay for it. brb lol
I wanna see before/after pics. Can't wait for your build, it's gonna be one of a kind.
torqdork is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to torqdork For This Useful Post:
supra2nv (06-26-2013)
Old 06-26-2013, 01:17 AM   #2057
applekash

Drives: Series 10 FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
My new Series 10 FRS

Finally got my vehicle today at around 4 p.m. The Series 10 just feels so much better. And like someone else said earlier, it's a paint color that must been seen in person to truly appreciate it. It really does "change" colors (if you will) in different light, just like many of you all have said. I really like the HID headlights/LED DRLs and the auto/dual A/C system. Turns out I ended up with 31 of 2500. Pretty early edition here...

I now have a bunch of questions and topics I want to discuss with other Series 10 owners. Tomorrow I get to install some simple modifications. Hopefully I can get my Sirius XM into the stock radio, though the NAV/Bespoke system might be using that plug. Either way I'll find out in the morning. The Pioneer 6.1 is so much better than that P.o.S Bespoke they sold us last year. Even sounds so much better.

Anyway, can't wait till more of you all get your cars. If you're tired of waiting, let me tell you, I think its worth the wait! One more thing, I have included a simple video of the Electroluminescent dash panel. I know most folks don't like that particular feature. But just wanted to demonstrate how it works. Either way, like others have said, it can be disabled.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oE72E6H0vw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oE72E6H0vw[/ame]
Attached Images

Last edited by applekash; 06-26-2013 at 01:32 AM.
applekash is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to applekash For This Useful Post:
86GT (06-26-2013), FiRStsc10n (06-26-2013), Jertronic (06-26-2013), torqdork (06-26-2013)
Old 06-26-2013, 01:22 AM   #2058
torqdork

Drives: RV-7
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
#31! Lowest number so far, congrats. First pic of LED's I've seen, nice. We need to find an always on hack for them.
torqdork is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to torqdork For This Useful Post:
applekash (06-26-2013), FiRStsc10n (06-26-2013), Push (06-26-2013), UNICRN (06-26-2013)

Tags
2014, brz, fr-s, gt86