follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 02-03-2017, 02:20 PM   #10291
R2

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenton View Post
PM's sent
Now that this latest version is ready for market, what does the release schedule look like, i.e, how many per month?
R2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 04:14 PM   #10292
fenton

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 1,614 Times in 726 Posts
Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by R2 View Post
Now that this latest version is ready for market, what does the release schedule look like, i.e, how many per month?
We will see how these go..I know there will never be crazy throughput. It is all hand built and milled to specification where required. This isn't something that can be pumped out in the 100's by a factory.
fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 09:26 PM   #10293
pancake

Drives: 2015 BRZ Limited MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenton View Post
We will see how these go..I know there will never be crazy throughput. It is all hand built and milled to specification where required. This isn't something that can be pumped out in the 100's by a factory.
fenton, any chance i can get added???

lol it feels like i've been trying to get added for years

pancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 09:52 PM   #10294
fenton

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancake View Post
fenton, any chance i can get added???

lol it feels like i've been trying to get added for years

You are on the list 😀

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Old 02-04-2017, 10:06 AM   #10295
spritehd

Drives: Tiburon 2.7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hi, my experiments - 10kW electric supercharger [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9k2hk1wChFU"]Test #5 Electric Supercharger - YouTube[/ame]. Compressor housing from garrett gt35.

If my calculations are correct, this esc can give +100hp to 200bhp engine, like brz has.

Last edited by spritehd; 02-05-2017 at 08:52 AM.
spritehd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spritehd For This Useful Post:
machineica (02-17-2017), Teseo (02-08-2017)
Old 02-04-2017, 05:18 PM   #10296
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Drives: Limited Red 6MT BRZ
Thanked 1,167 Times in 644 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4-Vx_BM9hU"]OFT Flex Fuel Install: Electric Supercharger - YouTube[/ame]

Install Video for OFT Flex Fuel System

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Installed Mods:
Phantom Electric Super Charger | Open Flash Tune | Perrin OP/ HFC Front pipe | Invidia Q300 catback | ST Suspension | JDL Header | Flex Fuel
Sojhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 06:03 PM   #10297
fenton

1 kit gone. Going through the list fast Thanks to everyone that is PM'ing me back. More PM's coming soon.
Old 02-09-2017, 11:16 AM   #10298
machineica

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S firestorm
Awesome! Glad to hear there coming!
machineica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 06:35 PM   #10299
phrosty

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Has anyone run one of these tiny starter batteries with an alarm? Worried that the what the constant draw will do to the battery overnight.
2013 Whiteout 6AT FR-S | Perrin Inlet Tube + 2.75" CAI | OpenFlash Header | P&L Catback | 4.88 Final Drive | Dialed in OFT 2.0x Stage 2 E85 | 18x8 Enkei Raijin + 225/40 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | 17x7 Stock + 215/45 Michelin X-Ice Xi-2
phrosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 06:40 PM   #10300
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Drives: Limited Red 6MT BRZ
Thanked 1,167 Times in 644 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by phrosty View Post
Has anyone run one of these tiny starter batteries with an alarm? Worried that the what the constant draw will do to the battery overnight.

I know the BRZs have to keep a "low draw" on for the wireless keys. And I haven't had an issue.

Also the Odyssey batteries are used as replacements for the OEM battery even without this system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Installed Mods:
Phantom Electric Super Charger | Open Flash Tune | Perrin OP/ HFC Front pipe | Invidia Q300 catback | ST Suspension | JDL Header | Flex Fuel
Sojhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 07:29 PM   #10301
Talus1

Drives: '06 Cayman, ‘23 BRZ Sport-Tech
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Must be one kit still available. I just got a PM from Fenton, but declined because my BRZ is long gone. Might have been fun to try to adapt it to my 987, though...
Old 02-09-2017, 10:29 PM   #10302
fenton

Hi All,

Two kits out of this first batch are now gone! Thanks to everyone that responded. If you did get a PM and still would like one please PM me back as i will not be going back and asking everyone again.

To those that opted to get the kit please watch Sojhinn's video below for a very detailed installation of the kit.

The only difference with this slightly revised one is that there 3 smaller cables that run into the cabin instead of one large cable. You will have one purple wire for a switch 12v(which plugs into the fuse area). One wire for the voltage display, this has to be grounded to a bolt in the footwell(there are many, ask if you cant find one). One wire for the throttle activation switch....thats it! If you choose not to connect the voltage display that is totally up to you, the unit will still turn on and function as it gets power from the switch 12v purple.

Any questions at all please bring them up here, we have tonnes of experienced users and you will usually get a response in less than a hour in most cases.

Very excited to see some new people installing the kit!

Dont forget, batterymart usually has a friday 5% off flash sale, look for it tomorrow.

Cheers,

[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hm0ZZxxM0oU[/ame]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fenton For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (02-09-2017), Sojhinn (02-09-2017)
Old 02-10-2017, 03:18 PM   #10303
-Willis-86touge

Drives: Stock
So first of all I want to give appreciation for this echarger system! Think it's great and I would love to have one, wait time is one big factor on why I prob would not get it. I say take this one shark tank and get a deal and ramp up production time!!! I love how this system gives great low end!! Wish it had a little more too end. So I was thinking about that. What if a Jackson supercharger was used in place of the turbo compressor housing. The reason I suggest this is because it has the traction system built it and that is suppose to allow the supercharger to ramp up higher. Resulting in a higher psi. Just my thought. And yes I know it would cause price to go up because of the "initial" cost. But maybe this would produce a few more psi and blow the entry level boost applications out of the water. Imagine the great low end of this supercharger with the adequate psi of a traditional charge system.
-Willis-86touge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 03:29 PM   #10304
Reamer

Drives: 2015 FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Willis-86touge View Post
So first of all I want to give appreciation for this echarger system! Think it's great and I would love to have one, wait time is one big factor on why I prob would not get it. I say take this one shark tank and get a deal and ramp up production time!!! I love how this system gives great low end!! Wish it had a little more too end. So I was thinking about that. What if a Jackson supercharger was used in place of the turbo compressor housing. The reason I suggest this is because it has the traction system built it and that is suppose to allow the supercharger to ramp up higher. Resulting in a higher psi. Just my thought. And yes I know it would cause price to go up because of the "initial" cost. But maybe this would produce a few more psi and blow the entry level boost applications out of the water. Imagine the great low end of this supercharger with the adequate psi of a traditional charge system.
This is purely a guess, but I would think a significantly larger compressor would take more power (IE more batteries) to match this level of boost, then increase it, and sustaining that boost for as long as the current compressor. I would also think this would increase the recharge rate. All of which are things that make this an attractive package. Having said that, if I am completely wrong then it would be cool to see someone do that.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
26$ / wtq, affordable boost, better than turbo, brz electric supercharger, do want, dumbass freddy, electric shrimpage, electric supercharger, electronic supercharger, epic thread tag, fanboy circle jerk!, freddy keyboardwarrior, frs electric supercharger, get a real blower, haters gonna hate, hows the battery life?, lol, moar powa, nos with battery, one gear race champion, only pulls hard once, phantom charge, pm-robftss to order!, release date=not yet, release it already!, released!, rice, shut up and take our $$$, snake oil claims, street only, super pursuit mode, the price isn't known yet, tq300 plzkkthxbai, wooshy noise, yes turbo is better, yes turbo is expensive