follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 01-13-2013, 02:34 PM   #15
stockysnail
Just the tip

Drives: 2013 Lightning Red Subaru BRZ Mt Lt
Thanked 1,004 Times in 665 Posts
Mentioned: 176 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Their website crashed every time I tried to submit the custom order request so I'm going to email them to see if that will get me anywhere. I'm going to try to get the red with white rpm. I hope they are able to do mp/h instead of km/h but if not it will help me learn.
Attached Images

stockysnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:58 PM   #16
J-Money

Drives: GT-86
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
yeah i like that too @stockysnail, Itll make your car one step closer to being JDM with the KM/H lol But to me idc Cus i never loook over there. i always look at Digital MPH and RPMS
J-Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:32 AM   #17
stockysnail
Just the tip

Garage
My gauge overlay finally came in. It looked great before install and install was easy, but it would seem the USA version of the cluster has different stock lights for the engine, abs, speed (obviously), and a couple other things so as you can see they show through oddly. Also it seems the font doesn't match so some of the numbers don't completely line up no matter how they are maneuvered. I'm not sure how I can get it to work. All I can think of is either ripping off the stock ones and some how make the cyberstork stick where the stock ones were (risky and expensive if I mess it up) or possibly put some very thin tissue paper that's slightly transparent between the stock and cyberstork so that the background of the cyberstork is white instead of see through to the stock numbering that's not in the correct spots. Maybe since @WingsofWar has had this brand in a previous car he has tips on getting the to work?
Name:  2013-02-23_16-24-02_407.jpg
Views: 6867
Size:  832.9 KB
Name:  2013-02-23_16-24-02_407d.jpg
Views: 5727
Size:  26.7 KB
Old 02-24-2013, 01:41 AM   #18
stockysnail
Just the tip

Garage
I'm noticing from the video in the first post on how to install them that my overlays have clear numbers and letters, where as the ones in the video have white. Wtf?
The Following User Says Thank You to stockysnail For This Useful Post:
supramkivtt2jz (03-05-2013)
Old 02-24-2013, 02:35 PM   #19
WingsofWar
MODERATOR-SAMA

Drives: Swagtron Scooter
Thanked 1,561 Times in 524 Posts
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Hey stockysnail,

Theres a bit of a cluster fuck here isnt there. Id be a bit nervous doing any sort of modding to get your faces to work for your car. Since my rx7 was old i wasn't as hesitant to remove some surface materials from the face to let more light shine through.

If your going to mod your stock faces, think really hard about it first!
Old 02-24-2013, 03:40 PM   #20
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,052 Times in 8,327 Posts
Mentioned: 677 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockysnail View Post
My gauge overlay finally came in. It looked great before install and install was easy, but it would seem the USA version of the cluster has different stock lights for the engine, abs, speed (obviously), and a couple other things so as you can see they show through oddly. Also it seems the font doesn't match so some of the numbers don't completely line up no matter how they are maneuvered. I'm not sure how I can get it to work. All I can think of is either ripping off the stock ones and some how make the cyberstork stick where the stock ones were (risky and expensive if I mess it up) or possibly put some very thin tissue paper that's slightly transparent between the stock and cyberstork so that the background of the cyberstork is white instead of see through to the stock numbering that's not in the correct spots. Maybe since @WingsofWar has had this brand in a previous car he has tips on getting the to work?
From the info I can see, you own BRZ correct? If that's the case, you should of double checked their website or at least try google translator, so you don't spent extra $

http://www.cyberstork.com/cgi-bin/it...ate=1&sword=86

That part of the site warned that both GT Limted/GT Grade & G/R Grade gauges cover are incompatible for BRZ. That gauge cover was meant for FR-S/86.

FYI currently they haven't made BRZ gauge cover ver yet
Old 02-24-2013, 10:26 PM   #21
stockysnail
Just the tip

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
From the info I can see, you own BRZ correct? If that's the case, you should of double checked their website or at least try google translator, so you don't spent extra $

http://www.cyberstork.com/cgi-bin/it...ate=1&sword=86

That part of the site warned that both GT Limted/GT Grade & G/R Grade gauges cover are incompatible for BRZ. That gauge cover was meant for FR-S/86.

FYI currently they haven't made BRZ gauge cover ver yet
Thanks for that info. I guess I'll have to sell them on here then and say it's only for FR-S/GT86.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:27 PM   #22
Calidrifter
@Executive_chicken

Drives: Firestorm FR-S, Audi A3 E-tron
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Garage
If this is just on top of the stock cluster you can try and remove it.

The most obvious differences are that they still use the drum brake symbol and ABS circle designs. For the US they put the words in place of the symbols on our cluster.

Oh and sice we are using the GT which has HID they also have the HID indicator light on there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyn View Post
That guy, like me after BBQ Thursdays, is full of shit.

Last edited by Calidrifter; 02-25-2013 at 12:08 AM.
Calidrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Calidrifter For This Useful Post:
SixSpeed (03-05-2013)
Old 02-24-2013, 11:48 PM   #23
Squishy

Drives: 2013 WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I also notice on Stockysnail's picture that the speedometer has cutouts of km and not mph so the overlay is wrong.

Likely why the indicators are wrong on the fuel/oil gauge and warning light cutouts. Not for USDM market gauge I guess.
Squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:49 PM   #24
stockysnail
Just the tip

Garage
I looked at an FR-S display and it looks like it would work for the FR-S. BRZ has different display font and print location. Yes the kph vs mph would not match up so for countries with mph they would need to either white out the back of the numbers or just not install the mph cluster side. Kph countries with FR-S/GT86 would work fine.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:11 AM   #25
vault
86TUP

Drives: 86 GT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I noticed that the website only allows you to select one colour for the base of the gauge. Any ideas on how we can get the 2 colours like as pictured with the yellow and white gauges above?

Also, the site doesnt mention any option as per chrome rings around the gauges.
Any suggestions?
vault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:51 PM   #26
stockysnail
Just the tip

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by vault View Post
I noticed that the website only allows you to select one colour for the base of the gauge. Any ideas on how we can get the 2 colours like as pictured with the yellow and white gauges above?

Also, the site doesnt mention any option as per chrome rings around the gauges.
Any suggestions?
The chrome ring is apart of the car's plastic housing, not the gauges. To get other color combos you'll need to email the seller. If you're looking for red I'm selling mine since they are for FR-S and I have a BRZ. They are over in the for sale interior section of the forum.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:53 PM   #27
stockysnail
Just the tip

Garage
I'm selling my red and white gauge cluster overlay as I have a BRZ and I found out after I received them that they are for FR-S/GT86 only as the fonts and placement of stuff is different. Here's the for sale thread http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30071
Old 03-08-2013, 09:34 AM   #28
vault
86TUP

Drives: 86 GT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockysnail View Post
The chrome ring is apart of the car's plastic housing, not the gauges. To get other color combos you'll need to email the seller. If you're looking for red I'm selling mine since they are for FR-S and I have a BRZ. They are over in the for sale interior section of the forum.
Thanks for that info.

I would have taken them off your hands but mine is a GT model without the digital speedo. Best of luck with the sale
vault is offline   Reply With Quote