follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 06-19-2018, 11:03 AM   #4593
max20s14

Drives: 14' Raven M/T - 02' is300
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnP19 View Post
This my setup. Is reliable. Is safe. Do recommend.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
What tune are you running?
max20s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 11:06 AM   #4594
ShawnP19

Drives: 2016 Series.HyperBlue BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by max20s14 View Post
What tune are you running?
Custom from Delicious Tuning

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
ShawnP19 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ShawnP19 For This Useful Post:
max20s14 (06-19-2018)
Old 06-19-2018, 11:47 AM   #4595
mrg666
pessimistic skeptic

Drives: '14 FR-S Monogram AT JRSC
Thanked 1,035 Times in 684 Posts
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
if you run the supplied tune with castles headers does that cause issues?
Catless header will probably cause CEL. You generally need special tune for an aftermarket header to take advantage of the performance benefits. I would stick with the stock header with JR carb tune which is an excellent tune anyway for the stock engine.
mrg666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 09:33 AM   #4596
Anderzz

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Premium
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
How safe do you guys reckon the c38 on a stock pulley and stock block with uel headers on 93 is?

Have a lot of people wrecked their rods on that setup?

I wanna do it but I might blow that money on a daily first
Thats what I run but with an EL head. On a 'high mileage' block too, no issues whatsoever

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Old 06-26-2018, 10:24 AM   #4597
teetsdownlow

Drives: 2015 FRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by teetsdownlow View Post
I have a question I feel like is going to be difficult to explain and even harder to answer.

Just bought an auto 15 frs with 68k miles through auction. 1 owner and in pretty good condition. I would have to imagine around 25-30K on the supercharger

Problem I had when I was driving home was that in 2nd gear usually the car once it reaches 2.8k-3k rpm it acts like a fuel cut or compressor surge. I noticed that my belt was missing a complete rib all the way around. My new belt should be here tomorrow so I'll know if that was it. Any other ideas on what it could be? I'll replace the belt tomorrow and figure out how to upload a youtube video if it keeps up tomorrow

Thanks in advance
Quote:
I don't have a cable to do a log unfortunately. The PO didn't include the cable when he traded it in to the dealer. I'm taking it to the racers line up in Concord CA if it's tune related. Hopefully they can tell me if it's a JRSC carb tune or some off the shelf tune that went bad. I previously wanted flex fuel but I'd rather get this sorted out before I have him install the kit. I'll see if he can save some logs so I can post them. I ran out of time yesterday to take it for a drive so I'll try today. Hopefully something simple like a belt slip from running 1 less rib on the belt

I did forget to mention. If I'm in D mode, with or without sport or traction mode engaged it does it more frequently. Usually in 2nd gear. Anything less than 50-60% tps (I'm assuming) it seems to do it. It'll pull like normal but once it hits 3k in 2nd gear it just bounces off 3k until I take my foot off the pedal for a second then give it gas and it pulls like normal through the entire power band.

I'm not sure what information ECUTEK shows, trans values, etc but once I figure out what's causing this I'll be sure to report back with logs

Thanks again

Wanted to touch base on these posts I made. I ended up taking it to TRL to have some inserts installed as well as a new tune/FF kit.

I want to say I'm not 100% positive but I believe a tune fixed the problem. Seems to run flawless at any point of the RPM band after a new FNG from delicious
teetsdownlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 12:07 PM   #4598
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,166 Times in 6,828 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Wanted to touch base on these posts I made. I ended up taking it to TRL to have some inserts installed as well as a new tune/FF kit.

I want to say I'm not 100% positive but I believe a tune fixed the problem. Seems to run flawless at any point of the RPM band after a new FNG from delicious
Sounds like you just needed an updated tune with the MAF/SD crossover smoothed out.
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 10:22 PM   #4599
AndreC

Drives: Fast track beast
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Anyone running water/meth with their kit?

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
AndreC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 05:16 PM   #4600
BURRRZ

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Garage
2013 Subaru BRZ with Jackson Supercharger Noise

Hey guys, hope your all doing good! I'm new around here and I just bought a new to me 2013 Subaru BRZ with 30K miles. I'm loving the car so far. But I am having a bit of an issue/worry. The Jackson Racing C38 supercharger is making a fairly loud whining noise. I had the car looked at by a shop that have personally installed Jackson Superchargers before and they claim that it's fine. As time goes on however, I would really like to get some opinions from you guys who have them specifically on your motors. The kit has only been on for about 15k miles and a little under 2 years. I am planning on changing the oil soon and see if that helps since it's part of the maintenance for it. The belt seems ok and it seems to operate properly in the sense of making power and what not. It has a Delicious Tune as well. The only real worry for me is the noise in the clip. Any help would be much appreciated. I'm completely new to superchargers, I've only ever had turbos on past cars. So forgive me if this is a newbie question. I just only remember roots style superchargers making a lot of noise. Thanks guys! Glad to be in the community!

BURRRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 05:37 PM   #4601
CSG Mike

Video is low quality, but sounds normal to me.
Old 07-03-2018, 05:59 PM   #4602
AndreC

Drives: Fast track beast
Yeah, same here, sounds perfectly fine.

So no one has any experience with water/meth kits? I don't have easy access to E85 anymore, which is why I'm considering it.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
AndreC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 06:11 PM   #4603
idkwhatimdoing

Drives: 2015 Scion FR-S 1968 Camaro BB402
Quote:
Originally Posted by BURRRZ View Post
Hey guys, hope your all doing good! I'm new around here and I just bought a new to me 2013 Subaru BRZ with 30K miles. I'm loving the car so far. But I am having a bit of an issue/worry. The Jackson Racing C38 supercharger is making a fairly loud whining noise. I had the car looked at by a shop that have personally installed Jackson Superchargers before and they claim that it's fine. As time goes on however, I would really like to get some opinions from you guys who have them specifically on your motors. The kit has only been on for about 15k miles and a little under 2 years. I am planning on changing the oil soon and see if that helps since it's part of the maintenance for it. The belt seems ok and it seems to operate properly in the sense of making power and what not. It has a Delicious Tune as well. The only real worry for me is the noise in the clip. Any help would be much appreciated. I'm completely new to superchargers, I've only ever had turbos on past cars. So forgive me if this is a newbie question. I just only remember roots style superchargers making a lot of noise. Thanks guys! Glad to be in the community!

These units are pretty loud at idle, the Rotrex dev manual says you’ll get a shrill suction noise with an open element filter (such as the K&N one provided by JR). It’s normal. Mine sounds the same, but I didn’t hear whining in the video.

________

~refer to username~
idkwhatimdoing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 06:33 PM   #4604
JBezugs
Good Job Subaru!

Drives: Green '17 BRZ Sport-Tech MT
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Considering whether or not I should pick up ACE A350's and a tune or just wait a little bit and save up for a C38 kit once the CARB tune is available on my 2017.

Anyone have issues with the kit on the CARB tune for a daily? I'd love more power but want to do it reliably as possible. Are there any considerations to be made when winter driving in cold temperatures with the JRSC, from an oiling perspective or otherwise? (Temps can hit as low as -25°C in the winter in the GTA).
Old 07-03-2018, 06:58 PM   #4605
BayBRZ

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Buying a used C30 kit - what to look out for? Any way to verify the kit is complete (is there a comprehensive parts list?)

I can't seem to find one in the manual
Old 07-03-2018, 07:33 PM   #4606
CSG Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayBRZ View Post
Buying a used C30 kit - what to look out for? Any way to verify the kit is complete (is there a comprehensive parts list?)

I can't seem to find one in the manual
Have an experienced shop inspect it for you.