follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.


User Tag List
go_a_way1, KR-S, Tcoat

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-21-2017, 04:55 AM   #603
Teclis
Marine Electrician
 
Teclis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Drives: Toyota TRD86, 2014
Location: In the deep forests of Norway!
Posts: 213
Thanks: 274
Thanked 93 Times in 63 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchlanez View Post
If you're talking about what runs along the bottom of the windows, those are hard black plastic pieces that are taped on. I got them here: https://www.japanparts.com/parts/detail/49052

The long skinny piece between that and the side skirt is the Toyota Modellista side molding. That comes in a dark gunmetal/black chrome but I got a company/franchise called Fastsigns to wrap it in 3M gloss black for $100.
Alright, was thinking about getting those or just get it wrapped, the one below the windows, how do you like em?

They look a lot better on your car then the red car used on japanparts.
__________________
Teclis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Teclis For This Useful Post:
switchlanez (02-21-2017)
Old 02-22-2017, 03:35 AM   #604
switchlanez
Glorious BRZ Master Race
 
switchlanez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Drives: Subaru Libird
Location: Race Wars
Posts: 3,645
Thanks: 1,050
Thanked 2,713 Times in 1,078 Posts
Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teclis View Post
Alright, was thinking about getting those or just get it wrapped, the one below the windows, how do you like em?

They look a lot better on your car then the red car used on japanparts.
Thanks again. I used to have satin black wrap there and replaced it with these. These look a lot better IMO. Supposedly they stabilize air flow right where the body line becomes discontinous at the window sill (similar to the TRD rear window stabilizer which I don't have because of my louvers) but I got them for looks. I've had 3 black cars (favorite color before blue) and this covered section reminds me of the sleekness of them without the headache of keeping a black car clean. The continuous gloss black of this up through the fender aero fin (came pre-painted in Toyota D4S black) contrasting against blue really pops in person.
__________________
switchlanez is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to switchlanez For This Useful Post:
Teclis (02-22-2017)
Old 02-22-2017, 03:43 AM   #605
kuczynskika
Senior Member
 
kuczynskika's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Drives: Harrop TVS86 STi BRZ tS
Location: Northern Nevada
Posts: 705
Thanks: 288
Thanked 309 Times in 199 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchlanez View Post
Swapped rear tires to correct rotation and a fill-er-up.





How you like your wheels? I am looking to move to something forged, but is it worth it? Also... tws no haz black as a color option. grrrr.
kuczynskika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 04:10 AM   #606
switchlanez
Glorious BRZ Master Race
 
switchlanez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Drives: Subaru Libird
Location: Race Wars
Posts: 3,645
Thanks: 1,050
Thanked 2,713 Times in 1,078 Posts
Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuczynskika View Post
How you like your wheels? I am looking to move to something forged, but is it worth it? Also... tws no haz black as a color option. grrrr.
They're ultra light, the right tribute color for my scheme, spec'ed for the 86, raced on TRD's Griffon, look great, and 10-spokes is my ideal for this car. They were a no-brainer. In my switch from square to staggered setup, I considered changing wheels but nothing topped these to me (may reconsider if ZE40 comes in gold with right specs).

TWS makes TRD wheels: http://www.trdparts.jp/parts_trd-selection.html
Someone posted (maybe nzer) that TWS makes the TRD SF2 wheel for the 86. It looks consistent with their style:



And gloss black is a custom color option: http://www.tws-forged.com/20121218_global/
Don't know the details (special orders may take longer/cost more) but @CounterSpace Garage may be able to help.

Also recently saw this interesting tidbit: https://www.astonmartin.com/racing/partners/tws-forged and love Aston Martin. I like to pretend we (with the noises a TVS1320 makes) drive a baby Vulcan:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ts_j5Pmwb0&t=240s"]Chris Harris In The Aston Martin Vulcan - Top Gear: Series 23 - BBC - YouTube[/ame]
__________________
switchlanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 04:15 AM   #607
kuczynskika
Senior Member
 
kuczynskika's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Drives: Harrop TVS86 STi BRZ tS
Location: Northern Nevada
Posts: 705
Thanks: 288
Thanked 309 Times in 199 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchlanez View Post
They're ultra light, the right tribute color for my scheme, spec'ed for the 86, raced on TRD's Griffon, look great, and 10-spokes is my ideal for this car. They were a no-brainer. In my switch from square to staggered setup, I considered changing wheels but nothing topped these to me (may reconsider if ZE40 comes in gold with right specs).

TWS makes TRD wheels: http://www.trdparts.jp/parts_trd-selection.html
Someone posted (maybe nzer) that TWS makes the TRD SF2 wheel for the 86. It looks consistent with their style:



And gloss black is a custom color option: http://www.tws-forged.com/20121218_global/
Don't know the details (special orders may take longer/cost more) but @CounterSpace_Garage may be able to help.

Also recently saw this interesting tidbit: https://www.astonmartin.com/racing/partners/tws-forged and love Aston Martin. I like to pretend we (with the noises a TVS1320 makes) drive a baby Vulcan:

Ah ha! Didn't know that they do custom colors. hmmm interesting. Been looking at bbs, advans, volk, etc. and for the price/weight etc. tws seems the best choice.

Yes, yes, I can't say I haven't had the same fantasy when I hear whistle of the compressed air moving through the blower haha!
kuczynskika is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kuczynskika For This Useful Post:
switchlanez (02-22-2017)
Old 03-05-2017, 03:21 AM   #608
switchlanez
Glorious BRZ Master Race
 
switchlanez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Drives: Subaru Libird
Location: Race Wars
Posts: 3,645
Thanks: 1,050
Thanked 2,713 Times in 1,078 Posts
Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Been feeling like I'm in a real life version of Gran Turismo's photo mode lately. Where ever I drive, I take metal note of spots that look interesting to shoot. Got lost in a trashy part of town earlier this week and spotted a neat transit station tucked away hiding between the highway and a Motel 6 with interesting stairways and support buttresses on the underside of a 4 story high trolley rail. Revisited the spot last night:





__________________
switchlanez is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to switchlanez For This Useful Post:
Vin (03-05-2017)
Old 04-04-2017, 09:52 AM   #609
Vial86
Junior Member
 
Vial86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Drives: White Zenki 86
Location: Australia
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
this build is amazing, congrats!
Vial86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 05:53 PM   #610
switchlanez
Glorious BRZ Master Race
 
switchlanez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Drives: Subaru Libird
Location: Race Wars
Posts: 3,645
Thanks: 1,050
Thanked 2,713 Times in 1,078 Posts
Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vial86 View Post
this build is amazing, congrats!
Thanks! Got a black TRD sharkfin antenna and red STI front lip skirt pending, just need to find time.
__________________
switchlanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 06:01 PM   #611
C3P-joe
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Drives: 2013 FRS
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 32
Thanks: 38
Thanked 19 Times in 8 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Gorgeous car! I came across the side stabilizer rising covers on happenstance a couple days ago. They looked interesting in the concept photos, but I was trying to find photos of them actually on the car. These photos blew me away! They add such an incredible detail to the car. I also like the modellista side moldings. I felt, when looking at the prior photos, that there would be too much empty space between the side covers and the sideskirts, but the side moldings give it that subtle pop.
C3P-joe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to C3P-joe For This Useful Post:
switchlanez (04-21-2017)
Old 04-21-2017, 07:36 PM   #612
switchlanez
Glorious BRZ Master Race
 
switchlanez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Drives: Subaru Libird
Location: Race Wars
Posts: 3,645
Thanks: 1,050
Thanked 2,713 Times in 1,078 Posts
Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by C3P-joe View Post
Gorgeous car! I came across the side stabilizer rising covers on happenstance a couple days ago. They looked interesting in the concept photos, but I was trying to find photos of them actually on the car. These photos blew me away! They add such an incredible detail to the car. I also like the modellista side moldings. I felt, when looking at the prior photos, that there would be too much empty space between the side covers and the sideskirts, but the side moldings give it that subtle pop.
Thanks! That was exactly the reasoning behind why I got them. This picture made it apparent to me:

__________________
switchlanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 12:43 AM   #613
avishenoy1
Senior Member
 
avishenoy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Drives: 2015 FR-S Release Series 1.0
Location: CT, USA
Posts: 185
Thanks: 229
Thanked 83 Times in 47 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Very nice build, love all the aero details and jdm TRD parts... except the louvers, can't help but think they're creating a ton of flow separation diminishing the rear wing's effectiveness. They do however look badass.
avishenoy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to avishenoy1 For This Useful Post:
switchlanez (05-20-2017)
Old 08-18-2017, 05:03 PM   #614
NINE
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Drives: 2015 BRZ
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 73
Thanks: 4
Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
This is one awesome build.
__________________
Daily: 2008 IS250 (Stock)
Toy: 2015 BRZ (KW V3, TE37sl) More to come.

Past: 2008 BMW M3, 1976 Datsun 280z, 1998 240sx, 1990 180sx, 2005 RSX-S, 2003 IS300, 2001 Civic.
NINE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NINE For This Useful Post:
switchlanez (08-29-2017)
Old 10-19-2017, 12:03 AM   #615
zerodark
Member
 
zerodark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Drives: 2015 Series.Blue (WRB Pearl)
Location: Kapolei, HI
Posts: 97
Thanks: 41
Thanked 34 Times in 23 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchlanez View Post
If you're talking about what runs along the bottom of the windows, those are hard black plastic pieces that are taped on. I got them here: https://www.japanparts.com/parts/detail/49052

The long skinny piece between that and the side skirt is the Toyota Modellista side molding. That comes in a dark gunmetal/black chrome but I got a company/franchise called Fastsigns to wrap it in 3M gloss black for $100.
Before you went with the TRD Side Stabilizing Covers (the plastic ones).. where did you get the decal that runs along the same part?
__________________
zerodark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 04:28 PM   #616
TheFilipino1
Member
 
TheFilipino1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Drives: 2014 Dark Metallic Grey BRZ Limited
Location: West Texas
Posts: 18
Thanks: 2
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
So I have a question, I see you have the red highlight on the front and back of your bumpers, how did you do that? I want to do gold.

I saw a glow in one of the pics, was that just a reflective material?

Clean build though!

Also love the Bunta + Takumi hybrid idea
TheFilipino1 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nurburgring Video of Subaru BRZ Coupe / Subaru FR-S / Toyota FT-86 Shows off Handling Hachiroku Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum 113 11-21-2020 02:02 PM
August 1st Charity Lapping Day - Subaru Canada - Davenport Subaru - SPDA - TSC wparsons CANADA 10 07-22-2015 02:24 PM
Subaru Cross Sport Design Concept = Subaru BRZ Shooting Brake Hachiroku BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics 91 04-01-2014 07:53 PM
Subaru LIBIRD Supercar Concept & BRZ (April Fools) switchlanez BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics 18 04-15-2013 03:20 PM
Subaru BRZ - RAW Subaru | Official Subaru Australia Ad Hachiroku Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum 15 07-20-2012 09:20 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.