follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List
EAGLE5, finch1750, go_a_way1, iManage, KR-S, MisterSheep, Tcoat, Ultramaroon

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-01-2020, 11:26 AM   #70477
ichitaka05
Site Moderator
 
ichitaka05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Drives: ichi 86 Project
Location: Middle of No where
Posts: 20,552
Thanks: 7,245
Thanked 18,286 Times in 8,052 Posts
Mentioned: 649 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
Director told us, The National guards and popo closed the road... so curbside pickup is canceled. Well, no shit! lol
__________________

Last edited by ichitaka05; 06-01-2020 at 12:12 PM.
ichitaka05 is offline  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ichitaka05 For This Useful Post:
humfrz (06-01-2020), NoHaveMSG (06-01-2020), p1l0t (06-01-2020), ScoobsMcGee (06-02-2020), Spuds (06-01-2020), Tcoat (06-01-2020)
Old 06-01-2020, 11:41 AM   #70478
p1l0t
Senior Member
 
p1l0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ Hyperblue
Location: West Hartford, CT
Posts: 8,412
Thanks: 22,567
Thanked 9,365 Times in 4,809 Posts
Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I don't get it. The cop got arrested for murder (and it is possible his knee may not have been the COD). I think the real problem is we created a second class of "non-essential" citizens that have nothing else better to do than participate in some anarchy..

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
p1l0t is offline  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to p1l0t For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (06-01-2020), humfrz (06-01-2020), soundman98 (06-01-2020), Spuds (06-01-2020), Tcoat (06-01-2020)
Old 06-01-2020, 12:21 PM   #70479
NoHaveMSG
Senior Member
 
NoHaveMSG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Drives: Crapcan
Location: Oregon
Posts: 8,380
Thanks: 13,029
Thanked 12,089 Times in 5,409 Posts
Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by p1l0t View Post
I don't get it. The cop got arrested for murder (and it is possible his knee may not have been the COD). I think the real problem is we created a second class of "non-essential" citizens that have nothing else better to do than participate in some anarchy..

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I think there is a little more to it then that. It happened on the 25th and they didn't charge and arrest him until the 30th. So there is the perception that it wasn't going to come to justice. This is also the 3rd excessive force death nationally publicized recently, twice by police and once by some armed citizens.

Not my opinion, but this is what I gather by reading the comments in the dredges of society known as Facebook. The whole "no justice no peace" seems to be the new movement.
__________________
"Experience is the hardest kind of teacher. It gives you the test first and the lesson afterward." -Oscar Wilde.
NoHaveMSG is online now  
Old 06-01-2020, 12:39 PM   #70480
Tcoat
Donít deal well with dumb
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 2020 Hakone
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 68,000
Thanks: 60,210
Thanked 103,936 Times in 44,941 Posts
Mentioned: 2440 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by p1l0t View Post
I don't get it. The cop got arrested for murder (and it is possible his knee may not have been the COD). I think the real problem is we created a second class of "non-essential" citizens that have nothing else better to do than participate in some anarchy..

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
The sad part is that once his trial is over the whole thing will blow wide open again no matter what the verdict.
Guilty - "see this is rampant and the sentence is not harsh enough (no matter what it is)". Riot, loot and burn.
Not guilty - "see the system protects the guilty". Riot, loot and burn.


Although this happened during the covid era the results probably would have ben the same even if covid had never been heard of. This quasi justification of "people have been in lockdown too long" is just an attempt to rationalize things.
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is online now  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tcoat For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (06-01-2020), NoHaveMSG (06-01-2020), ScoobsMcGee (06-02-2020), soundman98 (06-01-2020)
Old 06-01-2020, 12:41 PM   #70481
Tcoat
Donít deal well with dumb
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 2020 Hakone
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 68,000
Thanks: 60,210
Thanked 103,936 Times in 44,941 Posts
Mentioned: 2440 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG View Post
I think there is a little more to it then that. It happened on the 25th and they didn't charge and arrest him until the 30th. So there is the perception that it wasn't going to come to justice. This is also the 3rd excessive force death nationally publicized recently, twice by police and once by some armed citizens.

Not my opinion, but this is what I gather by reading the comments in the dredges of society known as Facebook. The whole "no justice no peace" seems to be the new movement.
https://www.odmp.org/search/year/2020
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is online now  
Old 06-01-2020, 12:55 PM   #70482
NoHaveMSG
Senior Member
 
NoHaveMSG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Drives: Crapcan
Location: Oregon
Posts: 8,380
Thanks: 13,029
Thanked 12,089 Times in 5,409 Posts
Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
They don't care about that. I read one comment that pretty much said all police related shootings where murders. You can't even reason with them.
__________________
"Experience is the hardest kind of teacher. It gives you the test first and the lesson afterward." -Oscar Wilde.
NoHaveMSG is online now  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NoHaveMSG For This Useful Post:
p1l0t (06-01-2020), soundman98 (06-01-2020), Tcoat (06-01-2020)
Old 06-01-2020, 01:08 PM   #70483
Cole
Not a troll
 
Cole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Drives: FR-S
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,104
Thanks: 8,237
Thanked 5,398 Times in 2,694 Posts
Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG View Post
They don't care about that. I read one comment that pretty much said all police related shootings where murders. You can't even reason with them.
After being very pro cop for a long time, this incident finally opened my eyes to it.

It's not the fact that every cop is a murderer. It's the fact that for every cop who is a bad apple, there are 10, 20, 30, 40, 50+ cops who won't say a word when they see something wrong.

There were 3 other cops, and a parks officer on scene when George Floyd was murdered by a cop (who also has a storied history of killing minorities and has a dozen police brutality complaints against him) and none of them stepped in.

Complicity IS support.
Cole is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cole For This Useful Post:
EAGLE5 (06-03-2020), humfrz (06-01-2020), Ultramaroon (06-01-2020)
Old 06-01-2020, 01:14 PM   #70484
Tcoat
Donít deal well with dumb
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 2020 Hakone
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 68,000
Thanks: 60,210
Thanked 103,936 Times in 44,941 Posts
Mentioned: 2440 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
After being very pro cop for a long time, this incident finally opened my eyes to it.

It's not the fact that every cop is a murderer. It's the fact that for every cop who is a bad apple, there are 10, 20, 30, 40, 50+ cops who won't say a word when they see something wrong.

There were 3 other cops, and a parks officer on scene when George Floyd was murdered by a cop (who also has a storied history of killing minorities and has a dozen police brutality complaints against him) and none of them stepped in.

Complicity IS support.
You say it is a fact. Some supporting documentation? That wasn't written by somebody with an agenda.
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is online now  
Old 06-01-2020, 01:17 PM   #70485
Cole
Not a troll
 
Cole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Drives: FR-S
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,104
Thanks: 8,237
Thanked 5,398 Times in 2,694 Posts
Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
You say it is a fact. Some supporting documentation? That wasn't written by somebody with an agenda.
Oh boy, a simple misphrasing of something.

What does it say to you that there were 4 other peace officers on scene who watched as Floyd took his last breaths and didn't say or do a thing?

I have enough cop friends to know that they don't tell on each other.
Cole is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cole For This Useful Post:
EAGLE5 (06-03-2020), strat61caster (06-01-2020)
Old 06-01-2020, 01:32 PM   #70486
strat61caster
-
 
strat61caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Drives: '13 FRS
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 10,103
Thanks: 13,357
Thanked 9,152 Times in 4,832 Posts
Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Although this happened during the covid era the results probably would have ben the same even if covid had never been heard of. This quasi justification of "people have been in lockdown too long" is just an attempt to rationalize things.
Over 40 million unemployed Americans is definitely playing a part.

I'm a bit disappointed by your 'Devils advocate' responses. The US system is broken and Canada's isn't terribly different.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guff View Post
ineedyourdiddly
strat61caster is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to strat61caster For This Useful Post:
Cole (06-01-2020)
Old 06-01-2020, 01:37 PM   #70487
Cole
Not a troll
 
Cole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Drives: FR-S
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,104
Thanks: 8,237
Thanked 5,398 Times in 2,694 Posts
Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by strat61caster View Post
.

I'm a bit disappointed by your 'Devils advocate' responses. The US system is broken and Canada's isn't terribly different.
This is what I'm learning pretty quickly, with my realizations as of late. I've actually come to learn what priveledge is, and I have a hell of a lot of it, to the point that I've been pretty damn blind to these issues for way too long.

I wouldn't say I was, or ever have been racist, but I'm understanding why people of colour say that people like me are part of the problem. I realize that my voice as a straight, white male has a lot more weight than a comparable black man's does in our society. It's time for people like me to make sure that everyone's voice is heard.
Cole is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cole For This Useful Post:
EAGLE5 (06-03-2020), NoHaveMSG (06-01-2020), strat61caster (06-01-2020), Ultramaroon (06-01-2020)
Old 06-01-2020, 02:00 PM   #70488
NoHaveMSG
Senior Member
 
NoHaveMSG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Drives: Crapcan
Location: Oregon
Posts: 8,380
Thanks: 13,029
Thanked 12,089 Times in 5,409 Posts
Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
This is what I'm learning pretty quickly, with my realizations as of late. I've actually come to learn what priveledge is, and I have a hell of a lot of it, to the point that I've been pretty damn blind to these issues for way too long.

I wouldn't say I was, or ever have been racist, but I'm understanding why people of colour say that people like me are part of the problem. I realize that my voice as a straight, white male has a lot more weight than a comparable black man's does in our society. It's time for people like me to make sure that everyone's voice is heard.
I agree with this, but at the same time you have to be willing to have productive conversation on it. Otherwise having this opinion is pointless.
__________________
"Experience is the hardest kind of teacher. It gives you the test first and the lesson afterward." -Oscar Wilde.
NoHaveMSG is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to NoHaveMSG For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (06-01-2020)
Old 06-01-2020, 03:18 PM   #70489
ichitaka05
Site Moderator
 
ichitaka05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Drives: ichi 86 Project
Location: Middle of No where
Posts: 20,552
Thanks: 7,245
Thanked 18,286 Times in 8,052 Posts
Mentioned: 649 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
Got a call from assistant director saying white supremacy is planning to rioting around my work area. So Iíll be eating lunch from home. It worked out well. 4 packages have came. Sadly most of em cannot be installed, cuz it was for the front bumper
__________________
ichitaka05 is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ichitaka05 For This Useful Post:
NoHaveMSG (06-01-2020), ScoobsMcGee (06-02-2020), soundman98 (06-01-2020), Spuds (06-01-2020)
Old 06-01-2020, 03:24 PM   #70490
Tcoat
Donít deal well with dumb
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 2020 Hakone
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 68,000
Thanks: 60,210
Thanked 103,936 Times in 44,941 Posts
Mentioned: 2440 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
Oh boy, a simple misphrasing of something.

What does it say to you that there were 4 other peace officers on scene who watched as Floyd took his last breaths and didn't say or do a thing?

I have enough cop friends to know that they don't tell on each other.
It says there were 4 not 50+.
Saying "fact" does not make it one. I was just wondering if you had data to support the statement.
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to Tcoat For This Useful Post:
Wally86 (06-02-2020)
Closed Thread

Tags
aching balls, ass or gtfo, germanystrikesback, guff approved, human resources, i don't wanna go to prom, i lurk, i participated, i read this thread, i'm so gay, ichi has crabs, ichi is in denial, imanage can't manage, in god we thrust, me worry?, member berries, never forget, no politics, nothing for you!!!, nsfp, omg i can't catch up! :(, poo on my chest, post #696 review on ichi, sapphireho sucks!, specialk watches you post, special_k is a lurker, tcoat is as tcoat does, tcoat is dead, tcoat is jesus, tcoat is risen, tcoat returns, tcoat rules, tig ol bitties, tits or gtfo, trackmyfarts, tylerlieberman is a cuck, wubba lubba dub dubs!!!, y u do dis

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Language Rant Part Deux MuseChaser Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] 43 04-23-2017 07:55 PM
Random thoughts thread MrVito Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] 37188 02-25-2016 10:00 AM
Random Rubber Part OoLong BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics 8 01-28-2014 10:31 AM
Crew Carshow : Part Deux 9/7/13 saiyajinimports Great Lakes 0 08-17-2013 05:18 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2022 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.