follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack Specific topics relating to wheels and tires.

User Tag List

Old 11-22-2013, 11:24 PM   #1
AceNiNe

Drives: Scion FRS Raven Black 6MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wheel spacer question, please help

I've been looking for 8mm spacers for the front, as well as 14mm spacers for the rear. I'd really hate to make a mistake so it would be much appreciated if a few things could be specified.

Looking currently at these pages for the spacers

http://www.frsport.com/index.php?tar...=&q=8mm+spacer

As far as i know there's nothing wrong with these which are 5x100 with 57.1 bore, which i think is all that's needed? Should i go somewhere else to look?

It also mentions this:
"DR Series spacers fit between the wheel and hub, and require longer wheel bolts (ordered separately). Please verify bolt specifics before ordering (taper or round bolt head and shaft length)."

I would hate to get the wrong bolt type, between tapered and round bolted... Definitely need help specifying on that one

If anyone has any other type of spacers or places to look for spacers that would be appreciated too.

Thanks again.
AceNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 03:52 AM   #2
Scibaru

Drives: Raven, blacked out everything.
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Spacers

I have 25 mm spacers from ebay or Amazon on the back.They have studs built in so you don't need to change the studs. They push the oem wheels and tires to a pretty much flush fitment. I have 20 mm in front but don't recommend them because the bolts on the spacers rub slightly on the back of the wheels and it's very difficult to remove the wheels. I've read that others have used 25mm in front with no problem. They weight about lbs each, but I haven't noticed any difference in mpg.
Scibaru is offline   Reply With Quote