follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 02-25-2021, 05:13 PM   #29
BRZ_Mobin17

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ (silver)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by elBarto View Post
You can find the template files Here

Can't help you with the Vortech/E85 question.
Adding aftermarket forced induction is illegal and E85 is non-existing in my country.
I believe that is just a universal template. There is a template that has a photo of the FRS/Brz rather then the Ferrari. And I believe the buttons look a bit different. And no E85? That's a shame.
BRZ_Mobin17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 01:05 PM   #30
elBarto

Drives: Toyota GT86
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZ_Mobin17 View Post
I believe that is just a universal template. There is a template that has a photo of the FRS/Brz rather then the Ferrari. And I believe the buttons look a bit different. And no E85? That's a shame.
The last template with a FRS background was from 2015/2016.
It was changed to the Ferrari for all supported cars.
Old 02-27-2021, 01:05 AM   #31
BRZ_Mobin17

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ (silver)
Oh, I was way off. Thank you.

After reading that some people will tune their Idle control valve to stay open on overrun for a more desirable flame or pop. I've been looking thru tables on RomRaider, I cant find a way to use the idle valve on overrun but I found some tables for Mass Air Flow which will leave the throttle plate angle more open on decel. I'm assuming this will have the same affect. And possibly not have to play with Pedal to get pops this way.
Does anyone have any input on this idea?
BRZ_Mobin17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 04:40 PM   #32
lightning

Drives: 2014 BRZ
I tried changing the MAF desired overrun A table this morning. I applied a multiplier on everything from 2000rpm/ 158 degrees on up. I tried 1.1x then went back to 1.05x. It does keep the throttle plate slightly open, but it doesn't keep the injectors on so you still need to do the overrun fueling thing or feather the pedal. So you end up with slightly less engine braking and in my case longer lasting and quieter crackles and pops. I don't know how I feel about the change in engine braking, but I like the change to the sound enough to run it for a while. This is with an OTS E85 tune, catless header and frontpipe, and a stock catback. The rest of my settings are below.
Attached Images

lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 09:21 AM   #33
nerve86

Drives: ZA1JA03N
Quote:
Originally Posted by erebuswarrior View Post
This is my rescaled version on Ecutek.
I edited this map on ecutek but nothing worked.
Mine is a manual, 98 petrol.
nerve86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 07:32 PM   #34
andee

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS (NA)
Quote:
Originally Posted by erebuswarrior View Post
After tuning for quite a few CALID's of the 86 community I now have a better understanding of my version of pops and bangs. You'll want to edit mainly 3 things. Overrun Enrich RPM Delta: This is the amount of RPM drop that needs to happen for Overrun to start. (I use -1, change to whatever RPM you want it to drop by before engaging enrichment) Overrun Initial Injector Enrichment Pulsewidth (I have used anywhere from 0.8 up to 8.8ms) and Base Timing Idle In-Gear Above Speed Threshold (So far in the 176 coolant temp row, -12.97 at 1500RPM to 1800RPM seems to be the right amount of timing for pops/bangs and for those with catless setups, fire.) Make sure you use the fixed xml definition files that are here on the forums for v4.03 OFT tunes. There are some xml files provided by OFT that may not have been fixed yet, that have errors in it, and it will make the In Gear Above Speed Threshold table look way different then it should be.

For those who have issues with throttle delay, either use Pulsewidth's closer to 0.0 or turn it off completely. Long pulse width's like 8.8ms can cause issues with throttle delay especially after lots of pops, but you need to give it some time for fuel trims and the accelerator pedal deadspace to go away. It takes about 50-100 miles of driving in closed loop learning mode before fuel trims settle and throttle dead space goes away. After at least 100 miles of driving, it should be much easier to rev match and throttle delay should not be as much. There will inherently be some delay afterwards and this is because it is using negative timing and a richer mixture at the exhaust cycle. You can't make power with negative timing, only with advanced timing. There are tradeoff's of course, and this is why there's the jerkiness with the traditional B-Timing table pops, since that table directly influences power. In Gear Timing tables luckily don't cause jerkiness on/off throttle. If you can't get used to pressing in the accelerator pedal more for rev matching or the throttle delay is too much, then don't use overrun, just In Gear Timing.

CALID's that aren't compatible are pretty much all Auto trans versions. If you make these changes on a auto trans version, autorev matching when using paddle shifters or gear shifter in manual mode, will NOT work. This is because the auto trans ecm gets confused by the negative timing with In Gear table. Manual users shouldn't be affected by this.

Ecutek users:
I currently have Ecutek RaceRom v9 and using Ecutek's autorev match function on manual with In Gear Above Speed Threshold negative timing, DOES work. So Ecutek users can use the same method on manual trans. I have yet to test on Ecutek with auto trans.
There is only 1 Overrun table in Ecutek, and it is for injector's kicking back on at certain RPM's. There are none of the Overrun tables you see below in Ecutek unfortunately.

Link to, how to fix xml file's.
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126180

I'm on Ecutek and when I want to run afterfire this is my rescaled table on Ecutek.
are these maps now working? I have a 2013 frs and i put a pop tune from 93 oct onto the e85 map, ive been letting it learn so far, but so far no pops at all, is this what this adjustment is for?
andee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bangs, e85, fire, oft, pops