follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 07-19-2022, 08:20 PM   #15
Nfsundrgrnd

Drives: 2013 WR blue sport tech BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhudson View Post
Doesn't sound like anything is really off. does the noise change when you rev? was this noise only when its cold or warmed up?

try to get those videos of outside the car. help us help you. get video of under car, under the driver side see if you can't pick up the noise or anything from there but yea it doesn't sound terrible, just weird.

edit: also why do you think its injectors? if i heard a sound from the footwell of my car, i figure it was something closer to that area. vacuum hose/line?
I just assumed it was the DI pump acting up because it seemed to pulse at the exact same time as the DI, also when I shut the car off the noise whines down with the rpms/combustion cycles if that makes any sense so that's another thing.

I'm not too concerned by it yet since it seems to come and go like the crickets do but if it keeps getting worse I'd be more concerned.

It's barely audible anywhere but in the cabin, all the other mechanical noises and exhaust seem to cover 90% of it up on the outside.

Noise seems to be most present at mid temp, somewhere between fully warmed up and cold but happens when warmed sometimes as well.
Nfsundrgrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 01:35 AM   #16
radroach

Drives: car
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I used to hear the bubble noise all the time when my car was brand new, like 7+ years 130,000 miles ago. I have no idea what causes it but I used to love the sound.
radroach is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to radroach For This Useful Post:
Nfsundrgrnd (07-20-2022)
Old 07-20-2022, 07:27 AM   #17
Nfsundrgrnd

Quote:
Originally Posted by radroach View Post
I used to hear the bubble noise all the time when my car was brand new, like 7+ years 130,000 miles ago. I have no idea what causes it but I used to love the sound.
Yes Bubble noise is a perfect way to describe it! Glad to hear it turned out to be nothing major. How long did it last before it eventually went away?
Old 07-20-2022, 02:28 PM   #18
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nfsundrgrnd View Post
I just assumed it was the DI pump acting up because it seemed to pulse at the exact same time as the DI, also when I shut the car off the noise whines down with the rpms/combustion cycles if that makes any sense so that's another thing.

I'm not too concerned by it yet since it seems to come and go like the crickets do but if it keeps getting worse I'd be more concerned.

It's barely audible anywhere but in the cabin, all the other mechanical noises and exhaust seem to cover 90% of it up on the outside.

Noise seems to be most present at mid temp, somewhere between fully warmed up and cold but happens when warmed sometimes as well.
Wait! WAIT!

Pulses with engine.
Started with warmer weather.
Audible in cabin but not engine bay.
Occurs in mid range temperatures.
Winds down when engine is shut off.
Bubbling noise.

A/C evaporator in dash. Next time you hear it open you glove box and listen closely in there.
Nfsundrgrnd (07-20-2022)
Old 07-20-2022, 03:21 PM   #19
Nfsundrgrnd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Wait! WAIT!

Pulses with engine.
Started with warmer weather.
Audible in cabin but not engine bay.
Occurs in mid range temperatures.
Winds down when engine is shut off.
Bubbling noise.

A/C evaporator in dash. Next time you hear it open you glove box and listen closely in there.

This is a great suggestion! Next time I hear it I will check for that and update you guys! Appreciate the help!
Old 07-25-2022, 04:06 PM   #20
Nfsundrgrnd

Just an update to the situation, it seems @Tcoat might've been right. Last time I heard it, I shut the AC off then on again and I haven't heard it since then. Sound immediately stopped when I shut the ac off. I hadn't used the AC this summer up until last friday. If it comes back I'll be back lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nfsundrgrnd For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (07-25-2022)