follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 2nd Gens: GR86 and BRZ > BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics

BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics General topics for the second-gen BRZ

User Tag List

Old 01-19-2022, 12:54 AM   #71
Midnightsky

Drives: 2022 BRZ WRB
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvincent View Post
I just went looking for the OBD2 port today and it is in a MUCH better location than it was on the 2013s.

No more fumbling/feeling around under the dash. Not to mention the insecure feeling mounting.
I actually did that yesterday too lol, plugged in my Bluetooth transmitter to do a quick test with the Torque Pro app. I found it easier to plug in with the door open lol.
Midnightsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 02:42 PM   #72
jvincent

Drives: 2022 WRB BRZ Sport-Tech
Thanked 1,410 Times in 715 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Forgot to mention that I noticed that the new model has three windshield washer fluid nozzles. Three!

No spotty coverage here.
jvincent is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jvincent For This Useful Post:
Midnightsky (01-21-2022), PhatFreshPrince (01-23-2022), Quagmire (01-21-2022), timurrrr (01-21-2022)
Old 01-21-2022, 10:02 PM   #73
Midnightsky

Quote:
Forgot to mention that I noticed that the new model has three windshield washer fluid nozzles. Three!

No spotty coverage here.
lol I had not noticed this at all, I will have to look for that when I go out tomorrow. Good find lol.
Old 01-21-2022, 10:07 PM   #74
sato

Drives: Dodge Patitas
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22 BRZ View Post
The dead pedals shifts side to side slightly, and makes a squeaking noise akin to an irritated mouse running away from a malfunctioning washing machine.
The plastic clips are what allows that shifting motion. If the 2022+ models behave the same as Gen1's, you are going to LOVE it when those "clips" break, fall inside inaccessible parts of the floor, rolling back and forth, making noises when you hit speed bumps, etc., etc.
sato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 10:22 PM   #75
jvincent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightsky View Post
lol I had not noticed this at all, I will have to look for that when I go out tomorrow. Good find lol.
In keeping with the windshield washer theme, I picked up a jug of fluid today.

Instead of having it in the trunk rolling around I lifted up the trunk liner and sure enough one of the cutouts in the styrofoam base is exactly washer fluid jug sized!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jvincent For This Useful Post:
Midnightsky (01-21-2022), PhatFreshPrince (01-22-2022)
Old 01-21-2022, 10:50 PM   #76
Midnightsky

Quote:
In keeping with the windshield washer theme, I picked up a jug of fluid today.

Instead of having it in the trunk rolling around I lifted up the trunk liner and sure enough one of the cutouts in the styrofoam base is exactly washer fluid jug sized!
I still haven't used my wipers lol
Old 01-22-2022, 12:12 AM   #77
22 BRZ

Drives: 2022 Subaru BRZ 6MT IR
Quote:
Originally Posted by sato View Post
The plastic clips are what allows that shifting motion. If the 2022+ models behave the same as Gen1's, you are going to LOVE it when those "clips" break, fall inside inaccessible parts of the floor, rolling back and forth, making noises when you hit speed bumps, etc., etc.
Good to know, thanks. I was debating stuffing some foam in there to wedge things. Might try that when it warms up.
Old 01-22-2022, 08:38 AM   #78
PhatFreshPrince

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited SBP
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22 BRZ View Post
The dead pedals shifts side to side slightly, and makes a squeaking noise akin to an irritated mouse running away from a malfunctioning washing machine.
I notice this too. It does make the car feel cheap. The dead pedal should feel solid. I will try to fix this ASAP, or replace it with something from the after-market.
PhatFreshPrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 09:57 PM   #79
Scargod
Track Day Junkie

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited
The horn sounds like crap! Thankfully, I'll use it next to never.
Gas filler door is like my Bimmer. Same for turn signal.
I never saw a low gas warning light and never saw any miles to empty on my first tank of gas. Display stayed blank. I put in 12.5 gallons...I'm not very low on my second tank, so I'll have to wait a bit to see what happens next...
I've had the seat belt positioning loop come unsnapped several times.
I bought a small, magnetic, phone holder that sticks in place. Flat spots are impossible to find! It is nested between the left and center knob on the console. Not a bad solution.
The heated seats are poor compared to our BMW. Heat is too concentrated in the rear seat bottom and almost nothing for the back. I do love the way the seats fit and hold me well during spirited cornering.
I'm getting used to it, but the clutch pedal feel is soft and engagement nothing like my performance clutches in my STI's.
I love my IRP short-throw shifter. No more stick in a five gallon bucket feel.
I disconnected the engine sound generator. I hated it. I want to hear the real sounds that are being made. Might be times when it's important to hear them.
Really disappointed in the brakes and that Brembo's weren't an option. Since I'll be seriously tracking the car, BBK's and coilovers are going on.
Pretty damn happy with the car so far. Drives really nice. I have fun getting the rear end out.
Scargod is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scargod For This Useful Post:
Kona61 (01-22-2022)
Old 01-22-2022, 10:13 PM   #80
Interceptor777

Drives: 2022 BRZ, 1999 "touge-spec" Miata
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scargod View Post
I never saw a low gas warning light and never saw any miles to empty on my first tank of gas. Display stayed blank. I put in 12.5 gallons...I'm not very low on my second tank, so I'll have to wait a bit to see what happens next...
I bought a small, magnetic, phone holder that sticks in place. Flat spots are impossible to find! It is nested between the left and center knob on the console. Not a bad solution.
The heated seats are poor compared to our BMW. Heat is too concentrated in the rear seat bottom and almost nothing for the back. I do love the way the seats fit and hold me well during spirited cornering.
I'm getting used to it, but the clutch pedal feel is soft and engagement nothing like my performance clutches in my STI's.
I disconnected the engine sound generator. I hated it. I want to hear the real sounds that are being made. Might be times when it's important to hear them.
Really disappointed in the brakes and that Brembo's weren't an option. Since I'll be seriously tracking the car, BBK's and coilovers are going on.
Pretty damn happy with the car so far. Drives really nice. I have fun getting the rear end out.
Check out the MTEC clutch spring from the previous-gen twins. It greatly improved the clutch feel and made it a bit stiffer for me. I was struggling to consistently drive the car smoothly but now it's extremely easy with the spring, it's very predictable and consistent with great feel.
Interceptor777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 11:03 PM   #81
2020BRZtS

Drives: '20 BRZ tS (15/300) / '09 Scion tC
Garage
Quote:
On Gen1 the low fuel light is the picture of the pump with the directional arrow. It turns yellow at about 50 miles left.
2020BRZtS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 12:31 AM   #82
tenderization

Drives: 88 RX-7, 2022 BRZ
Just noticed the gauge cluster announcing the "two hours from ignition on," apparently a carryover from 1st gen.
tenderization is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 09:29 AM   #83
PhatFreshPrince

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited SBP
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Where did you put your phone holder? Maybe take a pic, if you don't mind. Are you talking between the A/C knobs and the head unit screen? I have been looking for a place to store my phone as well. Are you running a wire to plug it in where it currently is located? Also, how do you like the phone holder? I was thinking about getting a magnetic one too. Sorry for all the questions. I am trying to solve the phone storage issue as well.
PhatFreshPrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 09:53 AM   #84
jvincent

@Scargod and @PhatFreshPrince I too am looking for a good place to mount a phone.