follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments

User Tag List

Old 10-15-2012, 08:55 PM   #1
gusbarragan

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Anyone familiar with this site?

http://www.nigel-jdmparts.com/japan-...n-frs-1?page=1
gusbarragan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:02 PM   #2
Deebeaux
i void warranties.

Drives: '14 Tesla Model S P85
Yep. I got my GT86 badge from him and got it straight away. He posts on these forums as nigel-jdmparts and is a registered vendor here.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:03 PM   #3
charger

Drives: frs
Yes, he is in the commercial classifieds forum. A lot of people have bought through him.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9737
charger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:10 PM   #4
JDMenrique
DEEEERP

Drives: 2013 Whiteout FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Garage
JDM parts are nice but at the end of the day you end up over paying for vanity parts. 90 percent of which is not functional but is more for bragging rights. It's kind of like Mugen for Honda, mostly unnecessary. But I am not going to stop you I'm getting what you want. Just my 2 cents
Old 10-15-2012, 09:18 PM   #5
Tanuki
Turtle Factory

Drives: Mint M3
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMenrique View Post
JDM parts are nice but at the end of the day you end up over paying for vanity parts. 90 percent of which is not functional but is more for bragging rights. It's kind of like Mugen for Honda, mostly unnecessary. But I am not going to stop you I'm getting what you want. Just my 2 cents

He didn't ask for your 2 cents regarding JDM parts. He asked about familiarity with the website.
Tanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tanuki For This Useful Post:
TuxedoCartman (10-16-2012)
Old 10-15-2012, 09:20 PM   #6
steeloyangster

Drives: 14' FRS 6MT; 16' WRX 6MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Yeah sure, JDM badges and parts are just for aesthetics, but for me being able to change the badges from a "SCION" and "FRS" into a "TOYOTA" and "GT86" mean much more that just a name. It's a legacy and spirit of a lineage of cars that I have seen/owned/wanted to own. And honestly I don't care for people to be like "What the hell is a GT86?" I'm always more than willing to explain it to you if you've got 30 minutes to listen, but it's for those who also do know and can look at it and be like "Yeah, that guy REALLY knows what he's driving." As much as I love to live day to day not having to worry about anyone else's negative opinions, I also do appreciate social acceptance/validation among my "peers" (ex. YOU GUYS.) For my own self satisfaction of my car, it's worth more than a few hundred dollars for small aesthetics that will differentiate yourself from most other FRS's.
steeloyangster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:22 PM   #7
JDMenrique
DEEEERP

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanuki View Post
He didn't ask for your 2 cents regarding JDM parts. He asked about familiarity with the website.
And I was making a reference to how they are overpriced. There are more affordable alternatives to JDM parts. If you don't like it you don't have to read my post.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:27 PM   #8
JDMenrique
DEEEERP

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by steeloyangster View Post
Yeah sure, JDM badges and parts are just for aesthetics, but for me being able to change the badges from a "SCION" and "FRS" into a "TOYOTA" and "GT86" mean much more that just a name. It's a legacy and spirit of a lineage of cars that I have seen/owned/wanted to own. And honestly I don't care for people to be like "What the hell is a GT86?" I'm always more than willing to explain it to you if you've got 30 minutes to listen, but it's for those who also do know and can look at it and be like "Yeah, that guy REALLY knows what he's driving." As much as I love to live day to day not having to worry about anyone else's negative opinions, I also do appreciate social acceptance/validation among my "peers" (ex. YOU GUYS.) For my own self satisfaction of my car, it's worth more than a few hundred dollars for small aesthetics that will differentiate yourself from most other FRS's.
I don't really understand why you would think that is a negative opinion. I wasn't talking specifically about badges as anyone can afford them and are usually in good taste. My post was targeted on the items that are blatantly overpriced. Again, my post did not have any ill intentions. Just an opinion
Old 10-15-2012, 09:39 PM   #9
steeloyangster

Drives: 14' FRS 6MT; 16' WRX 6MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
I don't really understand why you would think that is a negative opinion. I wasn't talking specifically about badges as anyone can afford them and are usually in good taste. My post was targeted on the items that are blatantly overpriced. Again, my post did not have any ill intentions. Just an opinion
Oh yeah. They are blatantly overpriced. And don't get me wrong, I didn't feel like you were being "offensive" or anything like that. You have a completely legitimate reason for how you feel. I could easily put that money into strut bars, intakes, and other performance parts.

I think the term "JDM" does carry a lot of negative feelings. Some people are too obsessed with the "JDM" products. There are BS "JDM" products sold on a daily basis which are nowhere near "JDM" or are simply aftermarket. And let's be honest, just because it's "JDM" doesn't mean it's better. It's simply what it is which is "Japanese Domestic Market" which was what they offered in Japan. I remember someone buying a "JDM" exhaust from some random manufacturer and they literally claimed they got a 50 HP boost from it because the Japanese version doesn't have the stricter emissions like the USDM version had. Let's face it, sometimes the JDM products have a more pleasing aesthetics than that of the US market and that's why we like it.
steeloyangster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:46 PM   #10
CrazyWookiee

Drives: Whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Got my items from there. Communication was a bit slow and delivery was slow as well. Was waiting for a few weeks for my items and then contacted them. Turned out I didn't provide them extra money for shipping to Canada, and no warning or indications on the site had alerted me this extra charge. Coughed up the extra dough through Paypal, then the items were sent to me. Wish they had told me earlier that there was an additional charge to ship to Canada or at least followed up/informed me that was the reason my order wasn't being processed. Instead, I had to contact them myself after weeks of expecting the item to come in the mail and now I have my emblems on just in time for the car to get parked.

"I'm the real Peter Lau" - Peter Lau
CrazyWookiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:49 PM   #11
JDMenrique
DEEEERP

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by steeloyangster View Post
Oh yeah. They are blatantly overpriced. And don't get me wrong, I didn't feel like you were being "offensive" or anything like that. You have a completely legitimate reason for how you feel. I could easily put that money into strut bars, intakes, and other performance parts.

I think the term "JDM" does carry a lot of negative feelings. Some people are too obsessed with the "JDM" products. There are BS "JDM" products sold on a daily basis which are nowhere near "JDM" or are simply aftermarket. And let's be honest, just because it's "JDM" doesn't mean it's better. It's simply what it is which is "Japanese Domestic Market" which was what they offered in Japan. I remember someone buying a "JDM" exhaust from some random manufacturer and they literally claimed they got a 50 HP boost from it because the Japanese version doesn't have the stricter emissions like the USDM version had. Let's face it, sometimes the JDM products have a more pleasing aesthetics than that of the US market and that's why we like it.

I completely agree
Old 10-15-2012, 10:16 PM   #12
charger

Drives: frs
Everything right now is overpriced for sure. Don't expect less with a new release.
charger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:06 PM   #13
JoeBoxer

Drives: Whiteout FR-S
Thanked 1,627 Times in 997 Posts
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Carson Toyota has similar stuff and possibly better service I got my clear sidemarkers from them and had better communication.
JoeBoxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:28 PM   #14
russv
First 86

Drives: Scion FRS Argento Automatic
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Prices are INSANE!

Life is short...NO BORING CARS
russv is offline   Reply With Quote