follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 01-18-2017, 04:11 PM   #43
RedFR-s
Builder/Driver/Enthusiast

Drives: 2013 FR-S 6MT Turbo Firestorm
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by azynneo View Post
man.. getting like single responses to zero responses from csg and they installed my fuel pump, said they'll let me know when part comes in but it's been 2.5 weeks. This sh*t is really starting to piss me off.
What part are they replacing? Mine did take awhile to come in as it was shipped from a warehouse in Cali and was on back order.
2013 Honda CBR 250 Repsol- Toy
2017 Toyota Tacoma - The Rig
RedFR-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 11:07 PM   #44
azynneo

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFR-s View Post
What part are they replacing? Mine did take awhile to come in as it was shipped from a warehouse in Cali and was on back order.
the gasket I believe, having it done tomorrow. Will update on if it still spills or not.
azynneo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to azynneo For This Useful Post:
RedFR-s (01-20-2017)
Old 01-21-2017, 05:33 PM   #45
azynneo

Quote:

changed gasket yesterday noticed a small leak still on a half tank of e85. gonna fill up to full and report back to see if still leaks.
Old 01-21-2017, 10:53 PM   #46
RedFR-s

Quote:
changed gasket yesterday noticed a small leak still on a half tank of e85. gonna fill up to full and report back to see if still leaks.
Yeah mine was the whole top of the canister. Hopefully that's not it for you.
Old 01-26-2017, 05:05 PM   #47
azynneo

Quote:
Yeah mine was the whole top of the canister. Hopefully that's not it for you.
I've had enough with CSG. Without diagnosing they charged me to change out part of my fuel pump that THEY installed. Still smells like fumes, took 5 days to reply back with an answer asking for more money to move stuff that THEY INSTALLED.

Okay first off, I have had other complaints about them installing stuff and their service(will not list who) but this has gone far enough for me. My car has been smelling like fumes for over a month and CSG giving me really delayed responses. It's funny because I got a buddy to message David from CSG and he replied instantly. See how this works? Every shop cares about money first over service, once they have your money they're out of the game.

Last edited by azynneo; 01-26-2017 at 05:20 PM.
Old 01-27-2017, 08:03 AM   #48
RedFR-s

Quote:
I've had enough with CSG. Without diagnosing they charged me to change out part of my fuel pump that THEY installed. Still smells like fumes, took 5 days to reply back with an answer asking for more money to move stuff that THEY INSTALLED.

Okay first off, I have had other complaints about them installing stuff and their service(will not list who) but this has gone far enough for me. My car has been smelling like fumes for over a month and CSG giving me really delayed responses. It's funny because I got a buddy to message David from CSG and he replied instantly. See how this works? Every shop cares about money first over service, once they have your money they're out of the game.
Pop off the back seat, and remove the floor panel cover. Mine had gas sitting on the top if the tank and that's where the smell was coming from. The ring that seals the canister to the tank I believe the threads were worn and the seals were damaged allowing leak, hence replacing the top.

I ordered my parts through the dealership. Once replaced, then no problem.

@CSG Mike any feedback on this? You guys do a lot to help this forum and have a pretty solid reputation on here. Have some input to help @azynneo out?
The Following User Says Thank You to RedFR-s For This Useful Post:
azynneo (01-27-2017)
Old 01-27-2017, 09:47 AM   #49
azynneo

Quote:
Pop off the back seat, and remove the floor panel cover. Mine had gas sitting on the top if the tank and that's where the smell was coming from. The ring that seals the canister to the tank I believe the threads were worn and the seals were damaged allowing leak, hence replacing the top.

@CSG Mike any feedback on this? You guys do a lot to help this forum and have a pretty solid reputation on here. Have some input to help @azynneo out?
got a reply from David, miraculously after this post. Said he warranties his work so if the fix wasn't a fix he'll find another solution. Now to be fairly honest, I haven't had any real positive experiences with him so far. I'm not sure I really want to bring it back and may just call it a loss.
Old 01-27-2017, 09:48 AM   #50
azynneo

Quote:

Also, CSG already did that it's where I incurred the 200 dollar charge.

I'm just going to stop right here. Thanks Andy for trying to help out but I think I should just kill this thread. Don't want some kind of law suit going after me for posting my experiences. Mikes been a pretty good help though.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to azynneo For This Useful Post:
Icecreamtruk (01-27-2017), RedFR-s (01-27-2017)