follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Guides

DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Guides For all DIYs.

User Tag List

Old 05-14-2020, 02:45 PM   #1
tweedbean

Drives: White GT86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Retrofitting a 2017 dial cluster in a 2013 BRZ Step by Step

Hi all, here is part 1 of a 2 videos. This video covers the installation of a facelift dial cluster with LCD screen into my 2013 UK BRZ. Credit to Gerald Just and the others that worked this all out, I cant take the credit.

There are at least two routes to go down in my situation, im taking the 2nd route on a push button start car:

1. Fit facelift clusters, facelift clock spring, additional wiring and facelift steering wheel. Then get mileage programmed in.

2. Fit facelift cluster and add the geralds project device to control it without having to faff with steering wheel etc https://www.geraldjustprojects.com/p...r-kit-4-screw/

This thread has tonnes of supporting info for all the permutations, this video covers what works for my car, a push button UK spec BRZ, your car may have slight variations.

https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129868

Once I have received my controller from Gerald I will record the installation of that.

Old 07-28-2020, 02:05 PM   #2
tweedbean

Drives: White GT86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hi all, finally I have got around to making part 2 of the video, fitting the Gerald Just Projects controller to allow me to control the LCD screen, super easy to do: