follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 03-17-2016, 02:24 PM   #1
zkahle

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS Asphalt
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
OFT Warning Message, please help

Just got my OFT in and tried paring it with my car the other day. Got a warning message saying that the "original calibration not recognized". This occurred during the reading/writing process of the factory tune. Only thing on my car performance wise was a Tomei Uel header. The car did have a CEL before plugging in the OFT. The CEL was due to the catless header. Any thoughts, tips would be greatly appreciated. Also I dont have windows as I use a Mac so I may have to go out of my way if i need to use the oft manager.
Attached Images

Old 03-17-2016, 02:28 PM   #2
Tectoniic
#FiftyShadesOfBlue

Drives: 2015 FR-S
Thanked 1,425 Times in 730 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Did you buy the OFT used? If so the person you bought it from most likely forgot to flash their stock tune back to their car an unmarry the OFT.

Did you buy it new from Open Flash or a distributor? Might have accidentally got a used/returned one.

Either way, email the email address listed in the error message and they can get you sorted out.

Tectoniic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tectoniic For This Useful Post:
MisterSheep (03-17-2016)
Old 03-17-2016, 05:07 PM   #3
elBarto

Drives: Toyota GT86
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
As far as I know it means that the CalID of the car is newer then the OFT's internal database. Or that the database has been erased (2nd hand OFT?). Normally it writes the stock rom to the internal memory and then creates a tune file for it. If it cannot create one you get that error.
Connect the OFT again and look if the "Read" button is greyed out. If that's the case then all is well and you just have to upload the tune files yourself.
You can find them on the OpenFlash Website.
You will need the OpenFlash Manager which only runs on Windows so ask a friend with a windows pc to use it or run windows trough Parallels on your Mac.
Old 03-26-2016, 10:30 PM   #4
JonAvalon
SCBYD0

Drives: 18 BRZ (WRB)
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
I got this same message today after getting a replacement tablet. I already sent an email to Shiv so I'm waiting to hear back but thought I'd ask here in the meantime. I have a 2013 A/T with a CALID: ZA1JA01D.

After I got the error, i connected it to the OpenFlash Manager to see if it shows anything different and it says the original tune is present. So I thought it may of just been a fluke error. I connected it back to the car, the read button was grayed out and it had the asterisk next to the original tune. So I tried flashing a tune I was using previously with my old tablet and it failed right away for some reason. I forgot what the error said. But if I go back to try again, there is no longer an asterisk next to the original tune or any of the ones I loaded. When I check the info about the car, it says the tune that failed is currently flashed to the ecu even though it's still what should be the stock tune on the car. Weird eh? Anyone have ideas?

Last edited by JonAvalon; 03-26-2016 at 10:45 PM.
JonAvalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 11:17 PM   #5
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
for both guys having issues

look at your stock rom calid

then go to openflash web site and download latest tune pack, unzip it and load up roms you want matching your tune calid.

the aterix is only which tune you tried to flash last, oft does not actually query ecu.

yes if thier is no datavase in oft or no matching tune for your calud in database then you need to manually download tunes and put them in oft with open flash manager

if still problems ring the oft guys

the guy with the replacement oft will be having issues as his stock tune is no longer stock it likely a calid adjusted oft tune if original calid was A01D its likely his oft tune in ecu is based on B01D rom so might have to try loading B01D roms.

post up you stock tune and ill have a look or look with a hex editor at all three calid in rom
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 11:45 PM   #6
JonAvalon
SCBYD0

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
the guy with the replacement oft will be having issues as his stock tune is no longer stock it likely a calid adjusted oft tune if original calid was A01D its likely his oft tune in ecu is based on B01D rom so might have to try loading B01D roms.

post up you stock tune and ill have a look or look with a hex editor at all three calid in rom
Here is the stock tune or at least what is supposedly tried to read.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zpqf6493fs...JA01D.ori?dl=0

I checked if the OFT has a database and it does.

Last edited by JonAvalon; 03-27-2016 at 12:14 AM.
Old 03-27-2016, 12:44 AM   #7
steve99
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonAvalon View Post
Here is the stock tune or at least what is supposedly tried to read.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zpqf6493fs...JA01D.ori?dl=0

I checked if the OFT has a database and it does.

Ok tune file you uploaded is not calid modified its ZA1JA01D

its possible tune database is old.

what happens if you upload latest A01D roms from tunes downloaded from oft website via openflash manager.

Try deleting the 5 tune slots prior to uploading (ie all except original file)
Old 03-27-2016, 01:56 AM   #8
JonAvalon
SCBYD0

Quote:
Ok tune file you uploaded is not calid modified its ZA1JA01D

its possible tune database is old.

what happens if you upload latest A01D roms from tunes downloaded from oft website via openflash manager.

Try deleting the 5 tune slots prior to uploading (ie all except original file)
I deleted those that occupied the slots and uploaded the latest A01D roms with no problems. I didn't try to flash a tune if that's what you wanted me to do. But I will have to stop there as I got myself in a bit of a pickle. I need really to stop tinkering around

Now that you mention the tune database. I thought I could load the database file "TOY04400.dev" from the v2.063 release I still have on my computer. But I'm an idiot and deleted the one that was on the tablet. The import database section in the current version of the OpenFlash Manager seems to only support .pck files and not .dev files. Would you happen have a database file in the .pck format?

I was trying to follow these threads that touched on the subject but I guess I should of just left it alone.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56024

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53983
Old 03-27-2016, 02:50 AM   #9
steve99
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonAvalon View Post
I deleted those that occupied the slots and uploaded the latest A01D roms with no problems. I didn't try to flash a tune if that's what you wanted me to do. But I will have to stop there as I got myself in a bit of a pickle. I need really to stop tinkering around

Now that you mention the tune database. I thought I could load the database file "TOY04400.dev" from the v2.063 release I still have on my computer. But I'm an idiot and deleted the one that was on the tablet. The import database section in the current version of the OpenFlash Manager seems to only support .pck files and not .dev files. Would you happen have a database file in the .pck format?

I was trying to follow these threads that touched on the subject but I guess I should of just left it alone.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56024

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53983

you don't need to database file TOY04400.dev, if you manually download the tunes from openflash site, just use the tunes from oft website they are more upto date anyway.
Old 03-28-2016, 03:17 PM   #10
Flow

Drives: DGMBRZ
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Just adding here that I had the same problem (tune file cannot be created) as noted above, with a OFT purchased direct on around 2/17. Wondering if there is a trend going on. I haven't heard anything back from OF after 9 days. My # is ZA1J900C. Will check tune file downloads later.
Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 05:35 PM   #11
JonAvalon
SCBYD0

Quote:
you don't need to database file TOY04400.dev, if you manually download the tunes from openflash site, just use the tunes from oft website they are more upto date anyway.
I flashed to the updated OTS tune from the website and it flashed just fine. So I am running with something now

Shiv just got back to me about the original error that the OP got, for me the A01D wasn't in the tune database so that's why it came up. But he said I should be fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to JonAvalon For This Useful Post:
steve99 (03-28-2016)
Old 03-28-2016, 07:27 PM   #12
steve99
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flow View Post
Just adding here that I had the same problem (tune file cannot be created) as noted above, with a OFT purchased direct on around 2/17. Wondering if there is a trend going on. I haven't heard anything back from OF after 9 days. My # is ZA1J900C. Will check tune file downloads later.
the inbuilt database only has the most popular rom ids, as 900C is an outdated rom you iwll need to manually download tunes for your rom id
The Following User Says Thank You to steve99 For This Useful Post:
Flow (03-29-2016)