follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

CANADA Canada

User Tag List

Old 12-11-2015, 03:10 AM   #1
Dawan
Le Ingenieur

Drives: 2015 Subaru BRZ Aozora
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Subaru dealership for servicing

Anyone here in the GTA can recommend me a dealership to do servicing and warranty work? Thanks.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Dawan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 01:08 PM   #2
aruxe

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Subaru of Maple, Manny. He is a cool guy
Old 12-12-2015, 01:42 PM   #3
SLVRSRFR

Drives: 2013 BRZ 6MT, 2007 WRX Wagon 5MT
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Say what you will about Brampton in general, but I have had nothing but good experiences so far at Subaru of Brampton.

Talk to John Wedley, the guy with the pony-tail. He is the Fixed Operations Manager, and usually these guys are the "man behind the curtain" in a dealership (I know because I work at one), but John specifically and personally helped me out with an issue and saved me hundreds of dollars through his creativity of thinking. I won't get into details so as to not get him in trouble, but he works hard for his customers and gave my experience the personal touch, so much so that he comes and says hi and refers to me by name every time I'm there for service.

For that, I am eternally grateful, and he has earned himself a life-long customer.

It's night and day compared to Subaru of Mississauga, which felt very corporate, very impersonal, and gave me the impression that they didn't really care. I was just a number.
Old 12-12-2015, 06:23 PM   #4
Dawan
Le Ingenieur

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVRSRFR View Post
Say what you will about Brampton in general, but I have had nothing but good experiences so far at Subaru of Brampton.

Talk to John Wedley, the guy with the pony-tail. He is the Fixed Operations Manager, and usually these guys are the "man behind the curtain" in a dealership (I know because I work at one), but John specifically and personally helped me out with an issue and saved me hundreds of dollars through his creativity of thinking. I won't get into details so as to not get him in trouble, but he works hard for his customers and gave my experience the personal touch, so much so that he comes and says hi and refers to me by name every time I'm there for service.

For that, I am eternally grateful, and he has earned himself a life-long customer.

It's night and day compared to Subaru of Mississauga, which felt very corporate, very impersonal, and gave me the impression that they didn't really care. I was just a number.
I liked John from Brampton, but I can't get my servicing done there anymore because of a road rage incident with a "redneck", the sales manager won't let me borrow loaners from them anymore. Hence I can't leave the dealership without someone else picking me up.
Old 12-12-2015, 06:29 PM   #5
SLVRSRFR

Drives: 2013 BRZ 6MT, 2007 WRX Wagon 5MT
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawan View Post
I liked John from Brampton, but I can't get my servicing done there anymore because of a road rage incident with a "redneck", the sales manager won't let me borrow loaners from them anymore. Hence I can't leave the dealership without someone else picking me up.
Wow. Sorry to hear that!

Sounds like a story that you need to tell the rest of!
Old 12-12-2015, 07:21 PM   #6
Dawan
Le Ingenieur

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVRSRFR View Post
Wow. Sorry to hear that!

Sounds like a story that you need to tell the rest of!
I will tell you next time we see each other at one of @Kazuya's meets, prefer not to post this on a public forum.
Old 12-16-2015, 03:08 PM   #7
Canehda
poverty cause racecar

Drives: Subaru BRZ JRSC'd
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
^ spoiler: he killed a man
Canehda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Canehda For This Useful Post:
NyC Zn6 (12-16-2015), SLVRSRFR (12-16-2015)