follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 03-26-2020, 08:53 AM   #15
Takumi788
JHerbert Racing

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Thanked 1,186 Times in 593 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage

- #813 2013 Scion FRS Build Thread
- JHerbert Racing Website
Takumi788 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Takumi788 For This Useful Post:
Suparu (03-26-2020)
Old 03-26-2020, 12:58 PM   #16
matthui95

Drives: 2018 CWP Subaru BRZ Sport-tech RS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suparu View Post
@matthui95 you were right they’re really fast. It was under 12 hours from the time they received my package until they’d sent a tracking # for it coming back to me. Shipping took the longest and was 2 business days each direction for me. I just got them back and they look great. Thank you for the recommendation!

I applied sound deadening to the area since it was all accessible, bonus.

Glad to hear! What color did you select? Let's see some pics! Also, please let me know if the sound deadening helped .. I heard a lot of people have tried but doesn't really help just due to how the car is built overall but I would definitely give it a shot if you've had success with it!
matthui95 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to matthui95 For This Useful Post:
Suparu (03-26-2020)
Old 03-26-2020, 05:20 PM   #17
Suparu

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthui95 View Post
Glad to hear! What color did you select? Let's see some pics! Also, please let me know if the sound deadening helped .. I heard a lot of people have tried but doesn't really help just due to how the car is built overall but I would definitely give it a shot if you've had success with it!

I went with Ferrari Red cuz it pops more than tS seat belts, more like GT3 style seat belts Black-Edged Red looked good too and is a shade in between Ferrari Red & Elegant Red but I like the solid colors.

For the sound deadening, the doors made the biggest difference and actually impressed me. Especially if you seal up the big hole with sound deadening. There’s a big hole in the inner skin where you see the outer skin, I covered that up. It cut down on wind noise from the doors and improved the door woofer’s bass.

The rear quarter panel sound deadening made my exhaust noticeably quieter from the cabin, which is an unintended consequence :/ I guess that means I need louder exhaust now lol

All in all, I’d say do the doors with sound deadening and call it a day. That spot’s definitely worth it IMO, especially if you have a problem with bass rattle. I also applied some sound deadening on the window switches so they don’t bass rattle anymore. That was a nice change. Here’s some pics: https://www.ft86club.com/forums/show...3&postcount=28

Last edited by Suparu; 03-28-2020 at 01:22 AM.
Suparu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
interior, mod, selt belt