follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 10-17-2014, 06:02 PM   #29
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Drives: Edelbrock Equipped - Subaru BRZ
Thanked 1,682 Times in 581 Posts
Mentioned: 403 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Art_Mighty View Post
So that brings up an interesting question. I live in Chicago and I need to drive this car year around. The winters here are brutal and we can experience below zero weather for days or weeks at a time. So that being said...

Will my "Infamous Performance EBC" that I just ordered allow for driving below 10 degrees Fahrenheit?

Will I need to avoid driving after my AVO/Delicious/Milltek install? How can I keep my engine safe if I have no choice and need to use the car in VERY cold weather.

How can I help? You'll have at least one car in a cold environment. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help you test. (PM's are welcome! )
The boost controller should not have any problems. So that is not a concern.

In cold weather my only concern is cold start. You just want to make sure to warm your car up pretty well before driving. Also you will not want to run E85 in such cold weather either, unless they mix it down to E70, which they probably do for the winter blend.

Those are the major concerns. Not power, more just drivability.

Cheers,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning
DeliciousTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DeliciousTuning For This Useful Post:
@Art_Mighty (10-17-2014)
Old 10-18-2014, 04:33 AM   #30
diodelphi

Drives: 86
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I hope to see Delicious Tuning tune new Full-race turbo kit with EFR 7163.
diodelphi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to diodelphi For This Useful Post:
DeliciousTuning (10-18-2014)
Old 10-18-2014, 05:10 PM   #31
protpibe

Drives: 4-Runner Sport - 13' BRZ SportTech
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Art_Mighty View Post
So that brings up an interesting question. I live in Chicago and I need to drive this car year around. The winters here are brutal and we can experience below zero weather for days or weeks at a time. So that being said...

Will my "Infamous Performance EBC" that I just ordered allow for driving below 10 degrees Fahrenheit?

Will I need to avoid driving after my AVO/Delicious/Milltek install? How can I keep my engine safe if I have no choice and need to use the car in VERY cold weather.

How can I help? You'll have at least one car in a cold environment. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help you test. (PM's are welcome! )
I hear ya. I'm in Winnipeg and we get fairly cold here, however, I won't drive mine once there's snow on the ground. We've been below 0 celcius a couple times this year and there's a pretty big variance on boost levels as a result. I emailed Bill a log late last week and agreed to test out the new boost control setup so hopefully it gets all dialed in before the real winter sets in

Dry pavement or not, it's not fun to drive in the cold on the tires I'm running haha
SkAsphalt (10-27-2014)
Old 10-19-2014, 12:55 PM   #32
@Art_Mighty
uosɹǝdʎɐl ʇɹǝdxǝ

Drives: Asphalt AVO FR-S w/a Slushbox! :P
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by protpibe View Post
I hear ya. I'm in Winnipeg and we get fairly cold here, however, I won't drive mine once there's snow on the ground. We've been below 0 celcius a couple times this year and there's a pretty big variance on boost levels as a result. I emailed Bill a log late last week and agreed to test out the new boost control setup so hopefully it gets all dialed in before the real winter sets in

Dry pavement or not, it's not fun to drive in the cold on the tires I'm running haha
Yeah I'm year around on my car. Switch between summer and winter/ice tires. The turbo thing does add some uncertainty. I have the following 4 maps coming on my flash-in-go tune...

91 octane tune @ 6psi
93 octane tune@8psi
E50 tune@9psi
E85 tune@11psi

... and for the winter time I'm actually going to leave it at the 91 octane tune. I figure that the colder denser charge air coupled with the efficiency of the intercooler going through the roof working in winter air, there's going to be a LOT more power made at that 6psi in the winter time then would normally be there in when the air is 60-80 degrees warmer.

When it gets real cold out (below 0) I'll can try to avoid driving the car but I would like to know I'm not going to blow it up when I really need to take her out.

BTW for anyone reading this is my first time I'm installing an aftermarket FI kit onto anything. I had a VW 1.8T GTI some years ago so I understand turbos, just not what happens when you put on an engine that wasn't designed for it. I appreciate the community and all the help.

...because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn
@Art_Mighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 11:42 AM   #33
NorCal_Guy
It's turbo time!

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
@DeliciousTuning So I was in the process of installing EcuTeK and the Flash N Go map for my SBD turbo kit, but when I go to install it this box pops up and says:

"You have no programming licenses remaining. You must purcahse further licesnses from EcuTeK before programming this ECU. Process Aborted."

I just purchased this kit brand new so I assume I wouldn't need to purchase more licenses to upload the tune that I was given. Please help me I dont know what I'm doing wrong the only thing I can think of is I never received the license I've looked everywhere through all the files and nothing.
NorCal_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 02:26 PM   #34
protpibe

Drives: 4-Runner Sport - 13' BRZ SportTech
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal_Guy View Post
@DeliciousTuning So I was in the process of installing EcuTeK and the Flash N Go map for my SBD turbo kit, but when I go to install it this box pops up and says:

"You have no programming licenses remaining. You must purcahse further licesnses from EcuTeK before programming this ECU. Process Aborted."

I just purchased this kit brand new so I assume I wouldn't need to purchase more licenses to upload the tune that I was given. Please help me I dont know what I'm doing wrong the only thing I can think of is I never received the license I've looked everywhere through all the files and nothing.
You need to buy a license in order to flash the tune. You only need to flash the license onto an ECU once, but you do need to purchase one initially.
Old 10-21-2014, 04:41 PM   #35
NorCal_Guy
It's turbo time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by protpibe View Post
You need to buy a license in order to flash the tune. You only need to flash the license onto an ECU once, but you do need to purchase one initially.
I purchased one when I bought the tune it just never downloaded for some reason. I tried again this morning and it finally downloaded thanks though.
Old 10-21-2014, 10:32 PM   #36
Fizz
Senior Addict

Drives: 86 GT
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Sorry noob with ecutek. So all I'd need to run with the Flash&Go tune is an ecutek license ($350), the cable ($350), and of course the tune itself ($375)....yes? And with those i'd be able to flash and gather datalogs for tweaks/revisions?

Some of the concerns raised above were for cold weather use, how will this tune cope with high temp conditions, say on either AVO Stg1 kit, or the Sprintex Intercooled kit?
(stock engine apart from Motiv catted front pipe. no oil cooler)

Would I need an upgraded map sensor to run this tune?
Fizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 11:24 PM   #37
NorCal_Guy
It's turbo time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizz View Post
Sorry noob with ecutek. So all I'd need to run with the Flash&Go tune is an ecutek license ($350), the cable ($350), and of course the tune itself ($375)....yes? And with those i'd be able to flash and gather datalogs for tweaks/revisions?

Some of the concerns raised above were for cold weather use, how will this tune cope with high temp conditions, say on either AVO Stg1 kit, or the Sprintex Intercooled kit?
(stock engine apart from Motiv catted front pipe. no oil cooler)

Would I need an upgraded map sensor to run this tune?
You got it, thats everything youll need.
The Following User Says Thank You to NorCal_Guy For This Useful Post:
DeliciousTuning (10-23-2014)
Old 10-22-2014, 02:41 AM   #38
civdaddy

Drives: Slow
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I remember hondata offered this kind of variety of tunes for so many different applications and it rocked. Cool to see such a comprehensive product you all put together!
civdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to civdaddy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2014, 10:34 PM   #39
Turdinator
Seņor Member

Drives: 86 GT/'74 TA22 Celica/Kangaroo
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal_Guy View Post

I am curious how the SBD kit will go with this tune compared to the ecutek and OFT tunes they offer with the kit. Can you post you impressions and maybe a dyno in future?
The Following User Says Thank You to Turdinator For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2014, 12:18 AM   #40
NorCal_Guy
It's turbo time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turdinator View Post
I am curious how the SBD kit will go with this tune compared to the ecutek and OFT tunes they offer with the kit. Can you post you impressions and maybe a dyno in future?

I am loving the Delicious Flash N Go Tune so far, its way better than the oft tune. I have an automatic and when I was running the oft canned tune it didn't work very well because they never implemented data points from an automatic. ill hopefully be posting some dyno results in the near future. ill keep you posted.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NorCal_Guy For This Useful Post:
@Art_Mighty (10-28-2014), DeliciousTuning (10-23-2014)
Old 10-23-2014, 08:56 AM   #41
maxjedi
The Cloudmaker

Drives: GT86, G37S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turdinator View Post
Blue line is an ecutek tune SBD supplied with the kit (10 psi).
Red line is F-N-G v12.92 (12 psi), I believe top end is improved in current version but can't verify because my stock clutch started slipping - need to upgrade. I will update the chart ASAP (and it will become completely unfair because I also installed new exhaust recently).
AFR is from a stock sensor. My AEM wideband shows about 0.5 richer.

On SBD tune, 1st gear with partial throttle was very jerky, almost undrivable. With a Delicious tune, my car drives properly, and I'm mostly satisfied.

Let me also show the gains of Invidia exhaust compared to stock (both lines F-N-G v12.92):

... my build thread: maxjedi's turbo "daily drifter" GT86 ...

Last edited by maxjedi; 10-23-2014 at 09:23 AM.
maxjedi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to maxjedi For This Useful Post:
DeliciousTuning (10-23-2014), NorCal_Guy (10-23-2014), Turdinator (10-23-2014)
Old 10-23-2014, 11:32 AM   #42
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Drives: Edelbrock Equipped - Subaru BRZ
Thanked 1,682 Times in 581 Posts
Mentioned: 403 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxjedi View Post
Blue line is an ecutek tune SBD supplied with the kit (10 psi).
Red line is F-N-G v12.92 (12 psi), I believe top end is improved in current version but can't verify because my stock clutch started slipping - need to upgrade. I will update the chart ASAP (and it will become completely unfair because I also installed new exhaust recently).
AFR is from a stock sensor. My AEM wideband shows about 0.5 richer.

On SBD tune, 1st gear with partial throttle was very jerky, almost undrivable. With a Delicious tune, my car drives properly, and I'm mostly satisfied.

Let me also show the gains of Invidia exhaust compared to stock (both lines F-N-G v12.92):

I am going to go out on a limb and say your clutch is slipping because you are making more to the point where the clutch just can not hold the power anymore. We usually see this happen in the higher RPM ranges.

As everyone is noticing we have spent a lot of time developing this tune over the past year and half now. We are still refining it and we even daily drive this tune every day now on our personal forced induction vehicle (Innovate Supercharger).

So we are working out all the small drivability issues, such as heavy traffic, cruising, mpg while making sure to get the optimal power out of the vehicle for all configurations. It is no easy task but something we continue to improve upon.

Current updates we are working on is a completely new boost control system. This is going to be pretty cool for you turbo owners. More on that coming after SEMA.

Cheers,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning
DeliciousTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DeliciousTuning For This Useful Post:
NorCal_Guy (10-23-2014)