follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 09-03-2019, 09:47 PM   #1
Snyperiflex

Drives: Scion FR-S Release Series 1.0
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Fortune Auto 500 w/ air piston lift system

Even though this kit has been out for a few years now, it is difficult to find good information about it online. So here's my initial review.

There is one thread on here from early on in this product's life
https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101116
and although there were issues, I decided to give this kit a chance as Fortune Auto has had 3.5 years since to continue improving the package.

I placed my order through Fortune Auto directly, and although there was a free shipping promo, I was only allowed to apply it to one box (this kit comes in 2 boxes). I ended up paying a little over $3000.

This came with FA500's in my spring rate spec and air cups (front only).

Initial impressions were mixed:
The coilovers and air cups look great they were also already set for some spring 'droop' to get the max range of lift. I have no issue getting the car to sit at the height I want. Love the coilovers, no complaints.

The air system components are okay (tank legs were welded on but their alignment is off) All wiring and fittings came pre-installed.

The wire to the battery was only about 3 feet long, and ground cable only about 6 inches long. The kit did not come with any more wire nor any connectors or taps.
I also wish the instructions were more thorough other than a single diagram.

After purchasing 100ft of 12 gauge wiring, Posi-lock + Posi-tap connectors, and braided cable cover, I installed the kit.
I tapped the 12v in the glovebox for ignition, the battery for power, and one of the grounds in the passenger footwell.

From the thread I posted above, that user also complained that there was not enough wire to run to the battery.
The kit has also gotten more expensive ($400+) and comes with 2 less cups (no rears) than it did back then.

These are just my initial impressions.

Last edited by Snyperiflex; 10-09-2019 at 01:17 AM. Reason: Update
Snyperiflex is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Snyperiflex For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (09-03-2019)
Old 09-03-2019, 10:35 PM   #2
soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,673 Times in 6,781 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
their wiring diagram is crap. i looked, attempting to shed some light on it for you.. if you were local, i'd take a look at it some time.

per their diagram, the ignition goes through the pressure switch, the relay somehow gets 3 constant power wires(no terminal designations mean this information is less than useless), and the air up/down are air-only actuators(should be solenoids). none of which i know should be true.
Snyperiflex (09-03-2019)
Old 09-04-2019, 02:56 AM   #3
EAGLE5
Dismember

Drives: 2013 Red Scion FR-S
Thanked 3,999 Times in 2,155 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
I'm sure you'll get it working in the end, even if it means shipping things back and forth a couple of times. FA isn't exactly Penske.
EAGLE5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aircup, coilovers, fortune auto, install, suspension