follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 04-24-2014, 10:33 AM   #71
Kuri

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited SWP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
interesting. I would like to know. Would like to hide it in a non-common place as I am also a TX CHL holder.
Kuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 11:54 AM   #72
Pizzman
Crap another obsession.

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocCola View Post
You, sir, are an idiot. I had an attempted car jacking happen to me 2 years ago in damn near broad daylight. When the would be thieves "boxed" in my car I made like I was going to get out and as I stood up I drew my gun from it's holster on my hip. The sight of the gun was enough to send those pussies running and saved my car as well as possibly my life.

I'm an American and I'm a veteran. I was born into the right to defend myself and I fought for that right as well. Don't tell me I'm crazy because I choose to carry a gun to defend myself and my loved ones from the scum in this country.

"I'd rather have it an not need it than need it and not have it"

Of course I expected that response. "You are an idiot" is usually the first
response from extremely intelligent gun toting Americans.

I know its a right. I can respect that. I like guns. I like vets. I like America.

If your story is true, then great. I am glad it helped. Keep it holstered on your person, not left in your car.

There is a lot of other things to do in life than be afraid of "Scum". Your gun will not save you from death, it will only prolong it (IF you are a quick draw and a good shot).

So carry on then.
Pizzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 12:03 PM   #73
supramkivtt2jz
PROUD OF BOXER

Drives: Raven FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzman View Post
There is a lot of other things to do in life than be afraid of "Scum". Your gun will not save you from death, it will only prolong it (IF you are a quick draw and a good shot).
That is, by far, one of the most ignorant posts in this thread.

Let me guess: if an assaliant wants to rape someone, having a gun will only prolong the assault?

I hope you someday have a greater understanding and respect for the trials and difficulties various persons have experienced to influence their need to protect themselves and their property.

Last edited by supramkivtt2jz; 04-24-2014 at 12:20 PM.
supramkivtt2jz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to supramkivtt2jz For This Useful Post:
pche (04-24-2014), woode (04-24-2014)
Old 04-24-2014, 12:21 PM   #74
DocCola
Something funny

Drives: 2011 WRX hatch DGM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superhatch View Post
I would like to point out that correlation does not imply causation.

This is a great thing to think about when discussing statistics or studies. I normally don't jump in gun threads because I want pro-gun people to have their free space, and anti-gun people to have their space as well. This thread has gone down hill considerably from the first post so I thought I would jump in and have my say.

My say is this:

Both sides have studies which directly imply that the other side is wrong. Those who haven't made up their minds can take that for what it is. To verify, I just spent the last 30 minutes reading some briefs of different peer reviewed studies and I could find an even amount saying CC lowers crime, and the same amount saying that CC had no effect. Arguably there were very few studies that said CC had increased crime at all.

Violent crime has been dropping drastically since 1990 and every day going forward violent crime is less likely than the day before. One statistic that is a hard fact is that the US is becoming safer.

Crime in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

All the links, charts, studies you could want on that topic are out there for you to read, and they definitively point to the US trending towards a safer society year after year. Any counter point to this is a very fringe argument. In almost ever circle this is no longer a debate.

My opinion is that many of the CC studies try to create a link between CC and the reduction in crime, and while this might be a very small effect it is by no means the overwhelming reason for the drop in crime. It is possibly one small factor along with other factors (prison rate increase, abortion rate increase, Clintons anti-crime bill in the early 90's, etc) but even at that the studies are split.

CC seems to cause no harm, but it likely doesn't help to much either. Are their anecdotal stories that can be told about that one time it saved your cousin's friends life? Sure. But no debate should ever come down to being won by anecdotal evidence.

As an ex-9mm owner (range gun I didn't shoot enough), a current Rem 700 owner, and a lover of all mechanical things I would note that I like guns and the power that they allow someone to wield. It's a rather -awesome- power. But I LOVE research, debate, and discussions more and sometimes it's frustrating to watch two sides try to bash their opinion over the heads of someone who has no intention of listening. Do some research, don't take the word of any poster, on any forum, ever, and come to your own conclusions.
While I can see where you're coming from and I even agree with a lot of what you're saying I myself don't carry a gun to have some effect on the national level, I do it to protect myself. I'm highly trained and extremely proficient. I don't want to end up a statistic on the other side of the gun argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzman View Post
Of course I expected that response. "You are an idiot" is usually the first
response from extremely intelligent gun toting Americans.

I know its a right. I can respect that. I like guns. I like vets. I like America.

If your story is true, then great. I am glad it helped. Keep it holstered on your person, not left in your car.

So carry on then.
I stand by my original statement, you are an idiot and you're clearly trying to stir the pot. It's fine by me. Maintain your narrow views. It won't stop me from doing what I do. For the record I am a quick draw and a damn good shot. Training my wife to be pretty damn good herself and guess what, when my daughter (who's 4 now) is big enough to hold a gun (.22 or something similar) and mature enough to understand what I'm teaching her about gun safety she will start shooting. Probably around 7 or 8. To accuse someone of being crazy because they want to carry a gun is close minded and asinine. I bet if you were in a store being robbed the first thing you would do is hope for a cop to show up, the second would be to hope someone like me was in the store to stop the bad guy.

And for the record I don't fear death. After multiple deployments and more close encounters with it there and elsewhere in life it's not something I worry about. What I fear is standing idly by as some scum takes out my family or myself. There's a big difference. You should learn it.

Lastly, I carry 24/7 except on base and into restricted areas like Federal buildings I lock it in my car in a glove compartment. If I was in the BRZ I would stick with the lock box.
woode (04-24-2014)
Old 04-24-2014, 12:21 PM   #75
Reaper
in orbe terrum non visi

Drives: violent
Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Off topic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
Old 04-24-2014, 12:24 PM   #76
RFB

Drives: FRS
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by supramkivtt2jz View Post
That is, by far, one of the most ignorant posts in this thread.

Let me guess: if an assaliant wants to rape someone, having a gun will only prolong the assault?
I think he means having a gun will prolong your death by many years .

Be wary of posters who have no firearm experience, they just dont have the expertise to understand the tactics and results of the tools.
Firearms are media hyped into an emotional issue, and the uninitiated react emotionally rather than with the practicality of those experienced in the tools.

Debating with the uninitiated is like reasoning with a drunk - a waste of time.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity"
Sigmund Freud

CERBERUS
RFB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RFB For This Useful Post:
Boxer486 (04-24-2014), DocCola (04-24-2014), pche (04-24-2014), Proof (04-24-2014), Reaper (04-24-2014), Wander (05-07-2014), woode (04-24-2014)
Old 04-24-2014, 12:50 PM   #77
InvalidJohnny5
The Based God

Drives: 87 Supra, 92 240SX, 13 BRZ Turbo
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
No one should want to use their weapon for the hell of it. Most want to use it for protective purposes. So being that I'm in Texas I'd like to also know what ccw solutions you have for a vehicle.
Milltek Full Exhaust (Overpipe, Cat-delete, Catback), AVO Turbo kit , Perrin Crank Pulley , ACT Clutch Kit , ACT Prolite Flywheel 10.5lb , Axel-Exchange Driveshaft, Sparco Assetto Gara 17x7.5, Hankook Ventus V2s 225/45/17, Michelin Pilot Super Sports 225/45/17, Rally Armor Mudflaps, Viscontiproof tune Courtesy of Drift Office LLC
InvalidJohnny5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 12:51 PM   #78
Chase86

Drives: Ultramarine FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
So I carry everyday although I carry a much smaller gun then a glock 19. I have it on me all the time. I AIWB carry and its not that bad to drive around with. On the occasion where I don't feel like driving with it I simply lay it on the passenger seat. It easily available if I need it and don't see why (if I am driving) I would need to conceal it.

If I can't carry it with me I place it in between the drivers seat and door frame. Enough room for even full size guns and very well concealed. Because its so well concealed and I rarely don't take it with me I don't feel the need to lock it up in some way.

My situation may not be the same as yours but thats how I roll.
Chase86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chase86 For This Useful Post:
SirBrass (04-24-2014)
Old 04-24-2014, 12:54 PM   #79
SirBrass
Trust me, I'm the Doctor

Drives: 2019 WRX Limited (WRB)
Thanked 1,251 Times in 781 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
Off topic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
Very much so. Will the people only interested in delivering lines along the lines of "why do you need a gun?" please exit gracefully or just simply quietly. The OP didn't start the thread to have that discussion. He wants to know how to carry comfortable and effectively in his car. His reasons are his own, and it's legal for him to do so. Discussion of motives is not on the table.

Every gun thread no matter how innocently started usually ends up like this when ccw detractors or "what are you scared of" promoters jump in. So, folks, stop it. Just stop it.

/rant

BACK on topic, thank you!

^GT5 Replay Photo Mode^
SirBrass is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SirBrass For This Useful Post:
codesplice (04-24-2014), DocCola (04-24-2014), OrbitalEllipses (04-24-2014), Pizzman (04-24-2014), Reaper (04-24-2014)
Old 04-24-2014, 01:00 PM   #80
s2d4

Drives: R32 GTR, AW11 MR2 SC, GTS86 R
Thanked 1,223 Times in 708 Posts
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFB View Post
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity"
Sigmund Freud
1. Sigmund never said that but whatever support your cause.
2. It isn't about the weapon itself but the person wielding it.
3. Emotionally unstable and being highly defensive seems to be the norm when challenged with common sense.
Old 04-24-2014, 01:37 PM   #81
G-awesome

Drives: 2015 Firestorm Scion FRS
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
don't wanna sound rude from a fellow ft-86-er canadian but I just wanna chime in. Only in america where people are actually serious about storing guns legally in cars. It doesn't even cross our canadian heads to store a live handgun in a car....unless you're a gangster or involved in criminal activities.
G-awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to G-awesome For This Useful Post:
stock (05-07-2014)
Old 04-24-2014, 02:00 PM   #82
f0rge
head of infinite swagger

Drives: 2013 FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer486 View Post
I'm just curious what the citizens of the so called anti-gun liberal democracies of the west would do if their centralized government decided to use the military and police to impose its will (for the 'good' of the people no doubt) upon your civil liberties. Suck it up or use Kung-Fu? Nvm, we know the answer. You guys already gave up your civil liberties and rely on Faith in elected politicians, lol. Would you trust governments that don't trust you to manage your own immediate self-defense and protection? Democracy is for enlightened adults, not infants and requires responsibility not shirking it. What rights do you think you have when you don't even have the right to defend your own family? Ah, Kung Fu....
So what? You're going to shoot at an organized group of armed and trained soldiers?

Even if you managed to kill a couple and drive them off, how long before they show up at your front door with a tank or level your whole house with any number of means the army has to stop insurgents?

I'm not against people having guns, I just don't think you've thought this through...
2013 Ultramarine FR-S 6MT - Car Journal - SOLD
2004 AlpineWhite M3 6MT - SOLD
f0rge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 02:00 PM   #83
supramkivtt2jz
PROUD OF BOXER

Drives: Raven FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-awesome View Post
don't wanna sound rude from a fellow ft-86-er canadian but I just wanna chime in. Only in america where people are actually serious about storing guns legally in cars. It doesn't even cross our canadian heads to store a live handgun in a car....unless you're a gangster or involved in criminal activities.
You guys also take your snowmobile down through the woods to the Hunting, Fishing, and Apologising Store, say you're sorry to the moose on the wall, buy groceries using maple syrup, drive home to your igloo, and have sex with your French Canadian supermodel wifes.

Just simple cultural differences, ya know?
Old 04-24-2014, 02:05 PM   #84
f0rge
head of infinite swagger

Drives: 2013 FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Garage
What about mounting a holster either on, or inside the little kick panel under the dash beside your left foot. Assuming it didn't interfere with your leg, but I'm pretty sure mine doesn't rest against that panel.

The hood pull is there but you could probably work around that. Would be hidden well enough down there from anyone looking in.
2013 Ultramarine FR-S 6MT - Car Journal - SOLD
2004 AlpineWhite M3 6MT - SOLD
f0rge is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to f0rge For This Useful Post:
SirBrass (04-24-2014)

Tags
'murica, bieber, fuckyeah, glove box, gun, handgun, holster