follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 03-13-2022, 09:28 PM   #15
Decep

Drives: 2013 FR-S Series 10
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynarun55 View Post
So I was basically in the same boat as you. 100k but fully stock. A bunch of guys on here will tell you that they had absolutely no problems FIing a stock engine. It did NOT for me. I spun a bearing on my first real pull while I was 'remote' tuning via CSG Zach. Those guys will reply to this thread I'm sure and try to sell you there package. You'll be advised to do injector cleaning and other R&R services related to a 100k mileage that will end up costing you anywhere between 1.5 - 2k.

I did all of that, still ended up spinning a bearing. Again did I say on my first pull?! After that happens, thats it, dont expect any support from anyone, you'll be just another guy who apparently didnt maintain his engine well and its all totally your fault and Zach from CSG is a god and can do no wrong....

So yeah I would say not to remote tune..Ever!!!.. There's a ton of salesman on here and remember that for every good story you hear there are at least 3 bad ones out there which you won't know about. And honedtly that's the nature of modding cars.. Find a good dyno shop and tuner and take it there physically.

My advise would be bite the bullet and get a atleast a stage 2 Iag block instead spending money on some bullshit engine R&R...Break the new block in, go FI and actually be worry free and actually enjoy your car. This coming from someone who was sold on the dream of modifying a car on a budget...

Again don't fall for salesman on this forum.. I got burnt real bad.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Can you prove it by posting the log of your pull before your engine spun the bearing?
Edelbrock Supercharger installed @ 50k
Decep is offline   Reply With Quote