follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 02-13-2018, 02:11 PM   #1
Devin11498

Drives: 2013 Subaru Brz Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Vinyl Wrapping Interior Trim

So iv seen some post regarding replacing your interior trim pieces with black ones or were to buy them for cheap. whichever one may be the case im here to save you some money!!! Although yes you can easy replace them with black pieces that will cost you roughly over 200$+ to replace all silver pieces. There's a cheaper alternative that some people my be daunted to try. Vinyl Wrap! Take note that i have had no experience vinyl wrapping, i learned strictly off of watching youtube videos (Premium Auto styling). Its really not that hard as long as you have a heat gun. I did my whole interior in 4 hours, all it takes is some patience and learning how the vinyl works with heat. The first piece might be a little tricky but trust me after the 1st one it gets a hell of a lot easier. I bought the vinyl wrap off of amazon for 15$ and a heat gun from advanced auto parts for $35(I opted for the more expensive heat gun as i do plan on wrapping my whole car.) but a hair dryer will work as well. So the total for wrapping my interior black was $50. Thats the price of 1 interior trim piece by itself! Theres Plenty of DIY videos on youtube that do a awesome job at showing you how to do it. If yall would like i can upload pictures of how mine turned out if you want to see from a amateurs stand point. My number one tip is Heat goes a long way when it comes to corners and removing wrinkles. Just have confidence and it should look awesome! goodluck as save some mulla

Below is the best one:
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31suApPTAEk"]Vinyl Wrapping Interior of the Scion FRS/Toyota GT86 - YouTube[/ame]

Below is the link to my pictures if you want to see how mine came out. Thanks
http://s1244.photobucket.com/user/de...tml?sort=3&o=0

Last edited by Devin11498; 02-13-2018 at 05:29 PM.
Devin11498 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Devin11498 For This Useful Post:
Chimera (02-13-2018), wolffbite (02-13-2018)