follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 2nd Gens: GR86 and BRZ > GR86 General Topics (2nd Gen 2022+ Toyota 86)

GR86 General Topics (2nd Gen 2022+ Toyota 86) General topics for the GR86 second-gen 86

User Tag List

Old 01-06-2022, 03:41 PM   #337
Riceroni

Drives: Average car that I pretend is fast
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
If anyone is in the Portland area and is interested in a Raven Black/Premium/6MT that's available immediately for MSRP: Spec Sheet

Apparently the buyer backed out is all. Call for Jesse if possible since he's the guy keeping me updated.
Riceroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 05:02 PM   #338
tawheed

Drives: '13 Sport Tech
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc_pat View Post
So this happened today

Congrats! Are you located near a port?
tawheed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 05:12 PM   #339
Wtfmayo

Drives: '06 Evo 9 MR , '87 325is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post
Oh geez....isn't that the $600 solution to how to replace a $12 license plate?

I'd telling them "do not want, will not buy".

BINGO! I'm sure they are pushing these for the commission/sales goal which I understand but not giving me the option to say no is such a deal breaker
Wtfmayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 05:27 PM   #340
joez28ls1

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riceroni View Post
If anyone is in the Portland area and is interested in a Raven Black/Premium/6MT that's available immediately for MSRP: Spec Sheet

Apparently the buyer backed out is all. Call for Jesse if possible since he's the guy keeping me updated.
Jesse is a good guy it seems. I’m the buyer that “backed out”. The dealer let two employees take it for a joy ride while I was sitting there waiting to sign the paperwork on it. I saw them park it, get out and so I went over there and heard them talking about how fast it was. So I asked them if they got on it hard and they enthusiastically said “YEAH!” At that point I let them know I was the buyer and I didn’t appreciate it. The dealer didn’t care to make the situation right so I decided they weren’t going to get my money. I’m stubborn like that. Oh well.
joez28ls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 05:44 PM   #341
Riceroni

Quote:
Originally Posted by joez28ls1 View Post
Jesse is a good guy it seems. I’m the buyer that “backed out”. The dealer let two employees take it for a joy ride while I was sitting there waiting to sign the paperwork on it. I saw them park it, get out and so I went over there and heard them talking about how fast it was. So I asked them if they got on it hard and they enthusiastically said “YEAH!” At that point I let them know I was the buyer and I didn’t appreciate it. The dealer didn’t care to make the situation right so I decided they weren’t going to get my money. I’m stubborn like that. Oh well.
Sorry to hear that. Seems I only really know the dealership through the eyes of just one car salesman. That's actually a real bummer but I wouldn't put it past some people that work at dealerships.
Old 01-06-2022, 05:50 PM   #342
timurrrr

Drives: 2022 GR86
Thanked 1,297 Times in 718 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
I asked them if they got on it hard and they enthusiastically said “YEAH!” At that point I let them know I was the buyer and I didn’t appreciate it.
Great call to check, and sorry that happened! I'd be pissed too.
timurrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 05:57 PM   #343
joez28ls1

I get the car is 99.99% still completely fine. Someone should and will snap it up! It’s just the principle of it and unwillingness to make a reasonable gesture of an apology that made me walk.
Old 01-06-2022, 06:04 PM   #344
timurrrr

Drives: 2022 GR86
Thanked 1,297 Times in 718 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
I get the car is 99.99% still completely fine.
What if it's not? What if they were flooring it shortly after they started the car, while the engine was still cold?

There was a video of a Canadian BRZ with 400km on the odometer with what appears to be rod knock, maybe it went through something like that?
timurrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 06:04 PM   #345
Riceroni

Quote:
I get the car is 99.99% still completely fine. Someone should and will snap it up! It’s just the principle of it and unwillingness to make a reasonable gesture of an apology that made me walk.
Don't think anyone would disagree with you about that. It's an expensive investment that you're taking on and taking care of not some employee's personal joyride.

The fact they didn't even at least apologize makes me mad. I'll have to avoid recommending anything from that dealership from now on.
Old 01-06-2022, 06:09 PM   #346
joez28ls1

Quote:
Originally Posted by timurrrr View Post
What if it's not? What if they were flooring it shortly after they started the car, while the engine was still cold?

There was a video of a Canadian BRZ with 400km on the odometer with what appears to be rod knock, maybe it went through something like that?
Yeah, I do agree. I like to buy new and am super OCD about warm ups and engine break in, etc. I felt they ruined that for me.
Old 01-06-2022, 06:11 PM   #347
joez28ls1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riceroni View Post
Don't think anyone would disagree with you about that. It's an expensive investment that you're taking on and taking care of not some employee's personal joyride.

The fact they didn't even at least apologize makes me mad. I'll have to avoid recommending anything from that dealership from now on.
FWIW, they did verbally apologize and offered me some free car washes lol. When I asked for $500 off the price they laughed and said “Why would we do that?!” At that point I was all too happy to leave.
Old 01-06-2022, 06:15 PM   #348
Riceroni

Quote:
FWIW, they did verbally apologize and offered me some free car washes lol. When I asked for $500 off the price they laughed and said “Why would we do that?!” At that point I was all too happy to leave.
At that point it really is about the principle. Not even regarding the fact that you call yourself "stubborn". Who would actually deal with clowns like that at that point honestly.

Plus, who knows what kinds of things they did to the car. If you want to be the one who ignores the break in details, you should at least be the first and only one to do stupid stuff to it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Riceroni For This Useful Post:
joez28ls1 (01-06-2022)
Old 01-06-2022, 06:52 PM   #349
SonKu

Drives: GR86
Quote:
Holy shit that's scary.. good thing you caught them. Is there any way we can double check during delivery to see if our ride has been taken out on a joy ride?
SonKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 07:28 PM   #350
Mflies23

Drives: Neptune Blue GR86
Quote:
James Freelove from Tonkin texted me as well and said the vehicle was available after buyer backed out this afternoon. I have a deposit on a Neptune , premium , manual already at another dealer. Good to know the reason why delivery was declined. I instructed my dealer to not wash car and leave shipping wrapping on it to hopefully avoid the same fate
Mflies23 is offline   Reply With Quote