follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 05-05-2017, 05:11 PM   #1
Husker BRZ
Go Big Red!!

Drives: 2013 SSM BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
P0101 and P3700 question

This is my first true "issue" with the car in almost 4 years. I had my oil changed at the dealership this morning and after leaving and making my next stop I got back in the car and turned it on to see the cel. I checked the dipstick and saw the oil was low so the dealership sent a tech down with oil to get it normal and we drove back to the dealership(10 miles away). And I've never had an issue with the service from this dealership since the day I bought it from them.

Once back they drained the oil and filled it again, then scanned the codes and said it came back the o2 sensor. Once I got home I plugged in my OFT and checked the codes myself and got these codes:
Name:  IMG_4269.png
Views: 387
Size:  345.9 KB
P0101: MASS AIR FLOW CURCUIT RANGE/ PERFORMANCE PROBLEM
P3700: ?

And YES, I searched the codes and tried to find any related issues but didn't have a lot of luck. Just led me to this site with a list of codes:http://ft86tech.com/frs-brz-error-codes/

I still have the car, but noticed the shifts feel harder when the car downshifts. I'm not sure if I should try to replace the mass air flow sensor or just wait and let them replace the o2 sensor first and see where that gets me? Would there be anything I need to watch for before or after it's replaced?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!!

Last edited by Husker BRZ; 05-05-2017 at 06:17 PM.
Husker BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 11:57 PM   #2
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Ensure maf sensor on intake tube is plugged in correctly, check for vacum leaks or hoses not connected. The other code seems to be a weird emissions code which may have triggered.

If all looks ok reset codes, drive sedatly and se if they return, they may have been stored codes

It does not look like an 02sensor issue

Hoever look at your ltft see if its high like above 10% anytime.

Also check comanded afr vs afr during wot runs and see if they are close
High fuel trims are usually and indication of fueling issues
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 04:50 PM   #3
Husker BRZ
Go Big Red!!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
Ensure maf sensor on intake tube is plugged in correctly, check for vacum leaks or hoses not connected. The other code seems to be a weird emissions code which may have triggered.

If all looks ok reset codes, drive sedatly and se if they return, they may have been stored codes

It does not look like an 02sensor issue

Hoever look at your ltft see if its high like above 10% anytime.

Also check comanded afr vs afr during wot runs and see if they are close
High fuel trims are usually and indication of fueling issues
Thanks for the response!

I ran a few logs with it and tried to get them in datazap but for some reason it wouldn't generate the actual charts for me. But the ltft's ran up to 10 or 11 a few times but was kind of all over the place between 1-10 and sometimes negative. I didn't have it logging commanded afr though.

I've never adjusted any of these myself as I had a tune from shiv, should I try the stock tune or a ots tune instead of the custom tune from shiv and see what changes?

I'll keep trying to get the datalogs to show up and add it if i can.
Old 05-06-2017, 05:13 PM   #4
thomasmryan

Drives: hyper blue
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
From past experience, check your oil before you leave the dealer. It can be overfilled, under filled or they leave a cap off something.

I bought a 99 4-matic wagon that the dealer overfilled at the first oil change....they had to replace the catalytic section of the exhaust. The kid didn't know the motor took less because of the oil pan design was different for the all wheel drive version. I made the sales manager take me to lunch instead of refunding the extra quart of Mobil 1))
thomasmryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 07:02 PM   #5
Husker BRZ
Go Big Red!!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasmryan View Post
From past experience, check your oil before you leave the dealer. It can be overfilled, under filled or they leave a cap off something.

I bought a 99 4-matic wagon that the dealer overfilled at the first oil change....they had to replace the catalytic section of the exhaust. The kid didn't know the motor took less because of the oil pan design was different for the all wheel drive version. I made the sales manager take me to lunch instead of refunding the extra quart of Mobil 1))
Oh I will be from now on that's for sure. They told me they drained it and I checked it in front of them before I left. The service adviser I've always worked with was not very pleased with the tech that originally serviced it.