follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments

User Tag List

Old 12-30-2012, 06:54 PM   #57
Supermassive

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadstyle View Post
Thanks for sharing your experiences as well. I have been building SEMA and CES as well as customer cars for over 15 years now. I thought some HONESTY would be appreciated but a few have decided to bash me instead. Your dealings with fellow builders have echoed mine as well. Thank you!
I wasn't bashing you per se...what I don't see is where was the issue with customer service regarding those parts and the companies that decided to take it upon themselves to "fit" the Seibon parts. That's where i feel this discussion got flipped into a flame fest. Seibon recommends that a professional shop install these parts, no one can deny that. When we decide to take it upon ourselves to do body work even something as simple as installing a lip spoiler we run the risk of having issues that we cant resolve with normal personal resources.

The whole discussion of this thread got turned into a Seibon makes crap parts thread instead of addressing the real problem that is Seibon has crap customer service. I have never seen a CF mass produced part fit 100% perfect. Mine are damn close and that's good enough for me. Those "perfect" installs are one off parts made specifically for that individual car or in the case of companies like say Mansory who make parts for super exotics, carry a price tag that would cover half the cost of our car.

Jason952 should have gotten a replacement, no questions asked that's the problem. Complaining because Seibon doesn't meet your expectations as far as build quality, should be in another thread where you can possibly discuss what the pro's use instead of Seibon to alleviate the issue and help us as a community steer our money towards the better option. Just complaining about something does nothing to help, if you know of a fabricator who can make parts for us that are better, share that info...I know I am open to suggestions
Supermassive is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Supermassive For This Useful Post:
86design (12-30-2012)
Old 12-30-2012, 07:12 PM   #58
chadstyle

Drives: 2013 Subaru BR-Z Limited
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
@86designs I love the front bumper in your new pics!! Looks sick!!

No one is "thread jacking" anyone so chill out..these terms, "thread jacking" and "trolling"...really gay man. No one is attacking YOU. Chill out and call a spade a spade..I commented originally on the fitment of your hood. You say it was due to battery terminals now, strut brace before, etc... It was painfully obvious the fitment was off. You took it personal. That's why we "bashed heads" or whatever you call it. I was just being honest and you got your feelings hurt. It is what it is...all good.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:13 PM   #59
86design
Attack By Demons

Drives: 2022 BRZ (pre ordered)
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermassive View Post
I wasn't bashing you per se...what I don't see is where was the issue with customer service regarding those parts and the companies that decided to take it upon themselves to "fit" the Seibon parts. That's where i feel this discussion got flipped into a flame fest. Seibon recommends that a professional shop install these parts, no one can deny that. When we decide to take it upon ourselves to do body work even something as simple as installing a lip spoiler we run the risk of having issues that we cant resolve with normal personal resources.

The whole discussion of this thread got turned into a Seibon makes crap parts thread instead of addressing the real problem that is Seibon has crap customer service. I have never seen a CF mass produced part fit 100% perfect. Mine are damn close and that's good enough for me. Those "perfect" installs are one off parts made specifically for that individual car or in the case of companies like say Mansory who make parts for super exotics, carry a price tag that would cover half the cost of our car.

Jason952 should have gotten a replacement, no questions asked that's the problem. Complaining because Seibon doesn't meet your expectations as far as build quality, should be in another thread where you can possibly discuss what the pro's use instead of Seibon to alleviate the issue and help us as a community steer our money towards the better option. Just complaining about something does nothing to help, if you know of a fabricator who can make parts for us that are better, share that info...I know I am open to suggestions

you sir are my hero!!! i agree 100x
Old 12-30-2012, 07:20 PM   #60
OrbitalEllipses
Banned

Drives: Attitude
Thanked 4,889 Times in 2,902 Posts
Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
We've known for years that Seibon parts don't exactly fit 100%. While the whole customer service thing isn't a shock either, it's good to know. I fully expect an ill-fitting part to be replaced with one that fits, if Seibon can't guarantee that then I'll look elsewhere should I want carbon fiber.
OrbitalEllipses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:23 PM   #61
86design
Attack By Demons

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadstyle View Post
@86designs I love the front bumper in your new pics!! Looks sick!!

No one is "thread jacking" anyone so chill out..these terms, "thread jacking" and "trolling"...really gay man. No one is attacking YOU. Chill out and call a spade a spade..I commented originally on the fitment of your hood. You say it was due to battery terminals now, strut brace before, etc... It was painfully obvious the fitment was off. You took it personal. That's why we "bashed heads" or whatever you call it. I was just being honest and you got your feelings hurt. It is what it is...all good.

Thank you sir for the comment!

As for the hood...I'm sorry but i wasnt "mad" as you are saying, just telling the truth...my hood fits just fine...do you think maybe...just maybe SEIBON made a pretty good batch of hoods? and Supermassive and I got a good batch? lol I'm okay...and I am "Chilling out" lol but im sorry, the person that needs to "chill out" is you sir...Seems like your seeking out for blood with SEIBON...you posted on my thread, Sale threads and now here! okay I'm cool with this thread cause its talking about SEIBON...but bashing OHH wait i'm sorry haha how silly of me..not bashing...giving your warnings to others on there products is funny. Trust me chadstyle my feelings are not hurt senor...I'm actully surprise that you care so much about me and my cars products
Old 12-30-2012, 08:17 PM   #62
chulooz
Registered you sir

Drives: 99 impreza coupe
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
Guys, keep it on-topic. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread
Was my post off topic? Is that why it was deleted? It was my personal advice to the poor situation the OP is in.
chulooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:23 PM   #63
denkigrve
Random Internet dad

Drives: 2013 FRS and 2010 Mini Cooper
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
The 5AD wings aren't that hot either man. The paint matching on my lip is so so with some really odd spots. I still really want that Seibon trunk. @86design is selling that trunk so well for them. His car looks so good.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:55 PM   #64
86design
Attack By Demons

Quote:
Originally Posted by denkigrve View Post
The 5AD wings aren't that hot either man. The paint matching on my lip is so so with some really odd spots. I still really want that Seibon trunk. @86design is selling that trunk so well for them. His car looks so good.
Thanks brotha!!

Last edited by ichitaka05; 12-31-2012 at 10:18 AM.
86design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:42 PM   #65
russv
First 86

Drives: Scion FRS Argento Automatic
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Surprised Seibon isn't commenting on this thread. Or are they...

Life is short...NO BORING CARS
russv is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to russv For This Useful Post:
86design (12-31-2012), denkigrve (12-31-2012), Exhaust (12-31-2012), Minovsky (02-08-2013)
Old 12-31-2012, 12:02 AM   #66
Jason952

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by russv View Post
This

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Jason952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:04 AM   #67
86design
Attack By Demons

Quote:
Originally Posted by russv View Post
The world would never know! Sorry I had to...
Old 12-31-2012, 01:15 AM   #68
dem00n
Member of the year - 2016

Drives: Scion FRS
Thanked 2,427 Times in 1,111 Posts
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermassive View Post
Such shitty quality

DSC00107 by Supermassive80, on Flickr

DSC00106 by Supermassive80, on Flickr

DSC00138 by Supermassive80, on Flickr.
Is it just me or are those gaps between the fender and the hood anomaly wide?

Or is this common for aftermarket hoods?
dem00n is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dem00n For This Useful Post:
chulooz (12-31-2012)
Old 12-31-2012, 01:43 AM   #69
cf6mech

Drives: FRS Silver LS1 swapped.
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Was going to order a vented hood and the trunk this week, If this many are posting bad feedbacks about Seibon products and service I'm not ordering,....something to think about though is the fitment gaps on the stock
(from the factory) FRS/BRZ are not very impressive.

Last edited by cf6mech; 02-08-2013 at 02:15 PM.
cf6mech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:08 AM   #70
Calidrifter
@Executive_chicken

Drives: Firestorm FR-S, Audi A3 E-tron
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Garage
Slightly larger gaps are common in aftermarket hoods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyn View Post
That guy, like me after BBQ Thursdays, is full of shit.
Calidrifter is offline   Reply With Quote