follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

CANADA Canada

User Tag List

Old 05-28-2020, 05:39 PM   #43
wparsons

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S Manual
Thanked 3,351 Times in 2,134 Posts
Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanwolf View Post
My question was why was it allowed to even get as far as it did. One on track collision should warrant a lock down of the track and finding out what happened. No?

In addition to the above, I did some reading up on them and it seems like they segregate themselves as an organization for a specific community. That's all fine and dandy, but when you have incidents like these, it makes both the organizer and the community behind them look sketchy as hell.

I would never want to be a on track with a clique of assholes with bottomless wallets and egos going beyond the sun... The guys who caused a lot of the drama aren't apparently banned either, they got a refund and said they couldn't go to one day or something.

Why would I ever want to go to a Northern Speed event knowing that some of the people that caused this could be present.

You do realize that the day you're talking about was an open lapping day run by TMP and had literally nothing to do with Northern Speed, right? Even Northern Speed issued a statement saying none of that garbage would be permitted at their event.

The only things in common between the two are which track Northern Speed had their first event at, and the corvette that burned down was possibly entered as a competitor before the fire.
Old 05-28-2020, 05:50 PM   #44
wparsons

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S Manual
Thanked 3,351 Times in 2,134 Posts
Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanwolf View Post
Check out 'driveteq'.. they are quite experienced from an instructor point of view and the amount of Marshall's they have on track are great. I think their price might be a little higher, but they have a ton of experienced drivers.. One driver in particular races 911's (or he used to) and casually tracks an FRS, he can really show you a thing or two about the 86 platform.

A good instructor shouldn't show a student what their car can do beyond their (students) own skill level. If I take a students car out and corner 20km/h faster than them, next time out chances are they'll be trying to replicate it.
The Following User Says Thank You to wparsons For This Useful Post:
pushrod (05-30-2020)
Old 05-28-2020, 05:54 PM   #45
Jordanwolf
Rice King

Drives: '19 FWD master race CTR
Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,203 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
You do realize that the day you're talking about was an open lapping day run by TMP and had literally nothing to do with Northern Speed, right? Even Northern Speed issued a statement saying none of that garbage would be permitted at their event.

The only things in common between the two are which track Northern Speed had their first event at, and the corvette that burned down was possibly entered as a competitor before the fire.
This has already been addressed. Read the thread.
Old 05-28-2020, 05:59 PM   #46
Jordanwolf
Rice King

Drives: '19 FWD master race CTR
Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,203 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
A good instructor shouldn't show a student what their car can do beyond their (students) own skill level. If I take a students car out and corner 20km/h faster than them, next time out chances are they'll be trying to replicate it.
You're reading into that completely wrong. The instructor wasn't driving 10/10th's. Not even close, more so showing how the car is capable of reacting while taking the correct line and/or not taking the correct line; what the car likes and what the car does not like.