follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 04-29-2014, 03:36 PM   #155
7thgear
i'm sorry, what?

Drives: Canada
Location: I rock a beat harder than you can beat it with rocks
Thanked 2,506 Times in 1,268 Posts
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
what a thread!

i can't believe no one linked to this little gem here... (for a bit of a comic relief)

please read the whole thing..

http://www.dontevenreply.com/view.php?post=84
ftc~brz (04-29-2014), Manic (05-16-2014), t.chk (04-29-2014)
Old 04-29-2014, 08:06 PM   #156
pche
Guy on internet

Drives: Slowly
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thgear View Post
what a thread!

i can't believe no one linked to this little gem here... (for a bit of a comic relief)

please read the whole thing..

http://www.dontevenreply.com/view.php?post=84
lol I'll take the G18 party cup for 900 all day!!

Who tagged this thread "bieber"?
pche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 01:59 AM   #157
Kids Heart

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited SWP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by t.chk View Post
Not yet but the idea came after I had bought a Comptac minotaur MTAC holster for my M&P45 4.5in(the largest frame automatic I have). This plan was hatched when I test fitted my M&Psheild, glock 19, and ruger LCP. The retention of each firearm was good enough and for each one the trigger guard was completely covered. So, it would be safe enough to have in the compartment.

So today, I ordered a left and right hand kydex bodies from comptac for the M&P45. The body fits pretty flush with the current center console...I am hoping that the armrest(I have not purchased yet) gives the additional space to fit the full frame.

The plan is to modify the left and right side's of the bodies so that with the thinnest firearm the notch under the trigger guards butt up against one another, then spring load it so it can accommodate larger frame firearms.

I guess if I am successful I will have to add this to the list of DIY's I need to do.
I have one of those for my G23 that just sits in my safe. Can't wait to see your project.

The Kydex IWB holster in my pic is by RDR if anyone cares. By far the most practical and comfy iwb holster I've owned.
http://www.rdrholsters.com/store/dis...-holster-glock
Kids Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:29 AM   #158
codesplice
Elite Recognized Geek

Drives: 2014 DGM BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by codesplice View Post
I carry a 26 as well, IWB at about 4 o'clock. Compact enough to stay on my hip comfortably for most drives, but I also wedge it (and the Remora holster it's in) between the seat and the door if needed.
I discovered yesterday that the Remora works great for wedging securely between the seat and center console as well. Grip towards the front for easier grabbing:

This post is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, and incidents either are the product of the poster's imagination or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, business establishments, events, or locales is entirely coincidental.
G+
codesplice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 12:17 PM   #159
t.chk

Drives: Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kids Heart View Post
I have one of those for my G23 that just sits in my safe. Can't wait to see your project.

The Kydex IWB holster in my pic is by RDR if anyone cares. By far the most practical and comfy iwb holster I've owned.
http://www.rdrholsters.com/store/dis...-holster-glock
I really dig that holster you got there...possibly more than the MTAC for full frame. Might order one for my glock as well. Comptac is 6 days behind in production due to orders...hopefully I will it in a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by codesplice View Post
I discovered yesterday that the Remora works great for wedging securely between the seat and center console as well. Grip towards the front for easier grabbing:

Got one of those for my sheild. works great for shorts and working out.
t.chk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 01:50 PM   #160
SirBrass
Trust me, I'm the Doctor

Drives: 2019 WRX Limited (WRB)
Thanked 1,251 Times in 781 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
The remora holsters have been getting good reviews by CCWers for a few years now. Only reason I don't have one is that I've got good, comfortable holsters for all my carry needs.

^GT5 Replay Photo Mode^
SirBrass is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SirBrass For This Useful Post:
codesplice (04-30-2014)
Old 04-30-2014, 03:02 PM   #161
MokSpeed
Granny Shifter

Drives: 2014 FR-S
Thanked 1,289 Times in 711 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2d4 View Post
Lol, try this analogy for size:
A guy asks where he could go to get some crack, most people tell him that he doesn't need it.
You could say the same about aftermarket car parts? To each their own. Just because you don't see the significance in owning something doesn't mean others share the same opinion.

I'd recommend just putting it in the glove box and not advertising that it's in there. What's the point of carrying it in the car if you don't have quick and easy access if you end up really needing it? Definitely never leave it in there unattended though. If you do need to leave it in the car put it in the gun box and hide it under the trunk matt. This is how I've been doing it at least and has seemed to work fine.
MokSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 05:07 PM   #162
Grymm86

Drives: BRZ Limited DGM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
How much space is behind the drivers rh knee pad? If the space is there you could put a hinge on the pad and have a nice secret storage spot.
Grymm86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 05:36 PM   #163
t.chk

Drives: Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grymm86 View Post
How much space is behind the drivers rh knee pad? If the space is there you could put a hinge on the pad and have a nice secret storage spot.
That is one of the spots I thought would be good. No one has really looked into that yet. I would figure from some of the tear down pictures from when people on here have installed leather knee pads there is 1-1.25in that is not being used. I took a look in my car, a folding hinge would not work but a sliding hinge could work. If you want to take a look into that...definitely let us know...that is a little more than I am willing to tackle.

I am planning on putting it in the center console for daily driving, and in the glovebox when I have to go into a 'restricted freedom zone'.
t.chk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 05:42 PM   #164
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Drives: '13 FR-S M6, '23 Volvo V60 CC
Thanked 2,844 Times in 1,635 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Garage
Id be more worried about living in a world where people keep handguns in their cars.

It's funny that Canadian cities, while not seeing a fraction of the gun crimes seen in thee US, are still seeing an upward trend.

Oh and guess what, a very significant percentage of these illegal firearms are smuggled in from the US.

Bottom line, proliferation of guns, proliferation of shootings/gun crimes. It's inevitable.

The US constitutional right to bear arms if in the event they need to defend themselves from a government gone bad is a grossly outdated and irrelevant law. Missiles and other weapons far far overpower firearms.

I guess they dug themselves a hole they just cant get out of. I just laugh at the gun defenders and the world they have built around themselves. Sadly, its the one thing I really hate about the US. Calling that freedom, just like the right to die of cancer because you cant afford chemo. Morons.
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.

Last edited by wbradley; 05-01-2014 at 05:55 PM.
wbradley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wbradley For This Useful Post:
Calum (05-06-2014)
Old 05-01-2014, 05:44 PM   #165
SirBrass
Trust me, I'm the Doctor

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MokSpeed View Post
You could say the same about aftermarket car parts? To each their own. Just because you don't see the significance in owning something doesn't mean others share the same opinion.

I'd recommend just putting it in the glove box and not advertising that it's in there. What's the point of carrying it in the car if you don't have quick and easy access if you end up really needing it? Definitely never leave it in there unattended though. If you do need to leave it in the car put it in the gun box and hide it under the trunk matt. This is how I've been doing it at least and has seemed to work fine.

Glovebox is NOT for fast easy access when you are already facing an armed thug.

It's good for a quick hide when you're leaving your vehicle and you can't take it with you.

Best and most secure place (for hiding or NOT hiding) is on your person. Same for your phone (never had mine stolen... though I also don't leave it sitting in the car except on rare occasions when I forget).

^GT5 Replay Photo Mode^
The Following User Says Thank You to SirBrass For This Useful Post:
codesplice (05-01-2014)
Old 05-01-2014, 06:12 PM   #166
SirBrass
Trust me, I'm the Doctor

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbradley View Post
I guess they dug themselves a hole they just cant get out of. I just laugh at the gun defenders and the world they have built around themselves. Sadly, its the one thing I really hate about the US. Calling that freedom, just like the right to die of cancer because you cant afford chemo. Morons.
And you're commenting in this thread why?

How are you helping the discussion of how best to access a self defense tool in one's BRZ/FR-S?

^GT5 Replay Photo Mode^
Old 05-01-2014, 06:16 PM   #167
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Drives: '13 FR-S M6, '23 Volvo V60 CC
Thanked 2,844 Times in 1,635 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBrass View Post
And you're commenting in this thread why?

How are you helping the discussion of how best to access a self defense tool in one's BRZ/FR-S?
Yes you are right, sorry for expressing my opinion. I guess its just a bit shocking for many non US citizens. I will leave it be. Hope you never have to fear the wrong end of a gun, my friend.
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.
wbradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 06:18 PM   #168
SirBrass
Trust me, I'm the Doctor

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbradley View Post
Yes you are right, sorry for expressing my opinion. I guess its just a bit shocking for many non US citizens. I will leave it be. Hope you never have to fear the wrong end of a gun, my friend.
Oh you're free to express your opinion, but you don't have to go posting it in a place where it has no business. If we were talking about gun rights, you'd be perfectly justified in airing your anti-gun position.

In this thread? It's just trolling. The OP wasn't asking if he should. He was asking how best to do it.

I have no reason to fear the wrong end of a gun. Some punk tries it, they'll end up facing the business end of mine, and all bets are that I'm MUCH more proficient than he is.

^GT5 Replay Photo Mode^
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SirBrass For This Useful Post:
codesplice (05-01-2014), MokSpeed (05-01-2014)

Tags
'murica, bieber, fuckyeah, glove box, gun, handgun, holster