follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List
go_a_way1, MisterSheep

Old 01-15-2016, 08:03 PM   #99
Mim

Drives: MY11 Maxima 350st, MY15 BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
In the Australian state of Victoria you get booked for being 2kph over the speed limit. In general (nation wide) we used to have a 10% leeway to account for discrepancies in speedometers, but that has been largely done away with down here.

Speeding fines here in my own state is 0~10 over is 1 demerit (out of 12) and a $350 fine.

I'm having far more fun simply learning how to drive the car with the power it has and how to translate that to being faster as time goes by. Simply being smoother with inputs and finding that magical moment when you take a corner at just the right speed and graceful angle that makes the car fell like its on rails. My god what a cathartic experience this car is to me.
MY15 CWP A/T BRZ | Leather heated seats | STI CAI filter, A/T leather shifter, strut brace, V-brace, draw stiffener, battery tie down, Radiator cap, Oil cap, push start button | TRD door stabilizer | YoSpeed STI console garnish | Pioneer AVIC-F70DAB + Rev-camera, TS-WX710A sub | JL speakers, Amp | TOMS' Clear Brake Lights | Cusco 4.556 FD | Driveshaft Shop aluminum shaft | Tein FlexZ, EDFC AP+GPS | Crawford BPB
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mim For This Useful Post:
Hoahao (01-15-2016), new2subaru (01-15-2016), Tcoat (01-15-2016)
Old 01-15-2016, 08:56 PM   #100
Packofcrows
hey you, yeah you <3

Drives: 2014 37J FR-S
Thanked 1,257 Times in 809 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
I come from a 116 hp 1990 Toyota pickup with a 22re engine (76whp according to fellow owners), so the FRS seems like a Corvette at times.

Speed limit in town here varies from 25mph-35mph, out of town 45mph to 55mph, highway 65-70mph.

I usually drive 72mph in hwy and 65 in rural roads (usually 45-55mph) that are curvy. I see a car every other hour or so there.

I hit 120mph once. Car was stable as heck!~ It seemed to pull itself down. Just once. Felt good. Never again.
Tcoat (01-15-2016)
Old 01-15-2016, 10:19 PM   #101
mdm
not a twin owner

Drives: 2016 Veloster Turbo DCT
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luftwaffel View Post
Okay, 11 over. I exaggerated by 5 MPH. I'm pretty familiar with how they do business regardless. The point is that Virginia's traffic laws are beyond absurd and the population largely lives in fear of a traffic ticket from just doing the speed limit, so most people (moreso outside of NoVA) drive 3-5 under.

What really pisses me off that they are targeting people who on a limited access carefully designed highways drive at a speed which would get you rear-ended on a European motorway.

At the same time they don't allow speed cameras. OK, I know that no driver likes speed cameras, and too often they are used mostly for profit. But they are one of very few devices that can actually make people slow down in an effective way.

What is a bigger treat to safety, someone going 83 in 65 in I-95 express lanes, or and idiot from doing 43 on a 25-mph neighborhood street, with pedestrians, joggers, bicycles, kids, people backing from their driveways.
mdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 10:45 PM   #102
Luftwaffel
Boost Creep

Drives: 2016 HyperBlue BRZ
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdm View Post
What really pisses me off that they are targeting people who on a limited access carefully designed highways drive at a speed which would get you rear-ended on a European motorway.

At the same time they don't allow speed cameras. OK, I know that no driver likes speed cameras, and too often they are used mostly for profit. But they are one of very few devices that can actually make people slow down in an effective way.

What is a bigger treat to safety, someone going 83 in 65 in I-95 express lanes, or and idiot from doing 43 on a 25-mph neighborhood street, with pedestrians, joggers, bicycles, kids, people backing from their driveways.
Yeah it's pretty absurd. Especially when you get down between DC and Richmond and there's open road for miles and nearly nobody on it at times. Speaking of DC, they actually do have speed cameras all over the place. There's a really sneaky one they have that really pisses me off, which is on a section of an interstate that somehow turns into a DC highway, slows down and has a speed camera on it, then speeds up and turns back into an interstate.

Our highway system needs some work.
Luftwaffel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
:popcorn:, random tagz