follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southern California

Southern California SoCal

User Tag List

Old 03-06-2015, 11:14 PM   #1
spatcha88

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS Whiteout
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Good mechanics here in Monterey Park / East LA area?

Yo sup everyone,
I'm new to this area and just picked up a used 2013 Scion FRS for 10K flat with 40k miles. It's out of warranty and the car is making me nervous and I refuse to just go to any mechanic.

Anyone here recommend anyone in the Area?
Car seems to have had a pretty bad loss of power and rumbles coming to a stop like it wants to stall. I'm sure it's not normal.

Anyways if anyone recommends a good mechanic somewhere around Monterey Park, East LA, or Montebello I'd appreciate it!!!

Also I'm new to this forum and look forward to making some chill peepz!!

THANK YOU!
spatcha88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 11:16 PM   #2
Mirageo

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Checkout Raceline in Rosemead. They do everything from tuning to regular maintenance. Hope it helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mirageo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 11:21 PM   #3
spatcha88

Rosemead is a start! thanks bro!
The Following User Says Thank You to spatcha88 For This Useful Post:
Mirageo (03-06-2015)
Old 03-06-2015, 11:23 PM   #4
N1rve

Drives: 2019 BMW ///M4
Thanked 1,167 Times in 714 Posts
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spatcha88 View Post
Yo sup everyone,
I'm new to this area and just picked up a used 2013 Scion FRS for 10K flat with 40k miles. It's out of warranty and the car is making me nervous and I refuse to just go to any mechanic.

Anyone here recommend anyone in the Area?
Car seems to have had a pretty bad loss of power and rumbles coming to a stop like it wants to stall. I'm sure it's not normal.

Anyways if anyone recommends a good mechanic somewhere around Monterey Park, East LA, or Montebello I'd appreciate it!!!

Also I'm new to this forum and look forward to making some chill peepz!!

THANK YOU!
Power train warranty is 60K miles or 60 months. Take it to the dealer for engine problems.

2019 BMW ///M4 - Alpine White | Sakhir Orange/Black Leather | M-DCT | Executive Package | 19" Black 437M Wheels | Carbon Fiber Trim | Sunroof | Active Blind Spot | Heated Steering Wheel | Adaptive M Suspension
N1rve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 11:42 PM   #5
spatcha88

Bro Trust me I tried. I took it to Toyota of Alhambra and got denied as I bought this car private party. Long story short the only way to get the warranty transferred the person would have to sign over paperwork in my name which the private seller refuses to do as he thinks his personal info is being "compromised." So i'm sort of SOL even after speaking with Managers and even different Toyo dealers.
Old 03-06-2015, 11:53 PM   #6
Simplicity

Drives: 15' MT FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Are you wanting to just get a regular checkup or is there something wrong with it right now?

Via Note 4 using Tapatalk.
Simplicity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 01:33 AM   #7
N1rve

Quote:
Bro Trust me I tried. I took it to Toyota of Alhambra and got denied as I bought this car private party. Long story short the only way to get the warranty transferred the person would have to sign over paperwork in my name which the private seller refuses to do as he thinks his personal info is being "compromised." So i'm sort of SOL even after speaking with Managers and even different Toyo dealers.
How do you own the car if he didn't sign the paper work over to your name...? This doesn't make sense.

That means legally he can file a stolen vehicle report and claim the car back and you're out 10k and in jail.

2019 BMW ///M4 - Alpine White | Sakhir Orange/Black Leather | M-DCT | Executive Package | 19" Black 437M Wheels | Carbon Fiber Trim | Sunroof | Active Blind Spot | Heated Steering Wheel | Adaptive M Suspension
The Following User Says Thank You to N1rve For This Useful Post:
Vincenttam (03-07-2015)
Old 03-07-2015, 03:59 AM   #8
Speed2th
I love my series blue brz

Drives: 2010 335d
Garage
Quote:
take it to longo
and btw, i think factory warranty stay with the car and no need to transfer. unless your car is salvage title, than they could deny your claim
Speed2th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 05:54 AM   #9
Vincenttam
WtsTofu

Drives: Ultramarine fr-s
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
I think its just address. name, phone, car vin and plate? Simple stuff, its not like he's asking for social security # or anything. I would never buy a car if they refused anything a ssimple as that, even if it was a good deal. too shady
Old 03-07-2015, 11:56 PM   #10
spatcha88

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1rve View Post
How do you own the car if he didn't sign the paper work over to your name...? This doesn't make sense.

That means legally he can file a stolen vehicle report and claim the car back and you're out 10k and in jail.
whoah bro no no no. Car is registered under my name we did the paperwork at the dmv and all that. I just didn't think the car would be under warranty but turns out it is I just need paperwork signed from the previous owner who bought the car new to sign over the warranty info and some other paperwork which he refuses to.
Old 03-08-2015, 12:07 AM   #11
N1rve

Quote:
whoah bro no no no. Car is registered under my name we did the paperwork at the dmv and all that. I just didn't think the car would be under warranty but turns out it is I just need paperwork signed from the previous owner who bought the car new to sign over the warranty info and some other paperwork which he refuses to.
There are no warranty forms.... the warranty is connected to the car. Just take it to a good dealer.

Toyota of Alhambra aka Wondries Toyota is a POS. Take it to Longo.

Old 03-08-2015, 12:13 AM   #12
spatcha88

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1rve View Post
There are no warranty forms.... the warranty is connected to the car. Just take it to a good dealer.

Toyota of Alhambra aka Wondries Toyota is a POS. Take it to Longo.
Think I will man. I'll give em a call Monday Morning. BTW All, this topic really went off track really quick Lol
Old 03-08-2015, 12:16 AM   #13
N1rve

Quote:
Think I will man. I'll give em a call Monday Morning. BTW All, this topic really went off track really quick Lol
We're trying to save you money

Old 03-08-2015, 12:16 AM   #14
spatcha88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplicity View Post
Are you wanting to just get a regular checkup or is there something wrong with it right now?

Via Note 4 using Tapatalk.
Well bro something is wrong with it. When I'm coming to a stop it shakes/rumbles/spudders like it wants to stall. Shit ain't normal man! CEL came on and went away but the problem is still there so I can't read the damn code.