follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Great Lakes

Great Lakes IL, IN, MI, MN, OH, WI


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-17-2012, 09:45 AM   #71
neutron256
Senior Member
 
neutron256's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Drives: '13 GBS Subaru BRZ
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 2,030
Thanks: 680
Thanked 664 Times in 382 Posts
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayau View Post
Sold my Fit to Acura in Brooklyn Park last night. They offered me the most value.

Now the wait is on for the BRZ.
If you don't mind me asking how much did you get for it? How many miles on it?

We might try and trade my wife's Fit for a WRX at the same time we get the BRZ.
neutron256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 03:17 AM   #72
TangoT
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Drives: vw gti
Location: twincities
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutron256 View Post
Once some of us acutally have our cars I would love to have a meetup. And I'd be happy to give a ride to a fellow enthusiast.
Sweet. Years ago I almost bought a 86 corolla hatch up in ely for 100 bucks lol i wish i did. but now that these puppies are comming out I have something else to aim for.
TangoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 03:27 AM   #73
ayau
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Drives: Some rust bucket
Location: Polar ice cap
Posts: 3,039
Thanks: 312
Thanked 1,037 Times in 551 Posts
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutron256 View Post
If you don't mind me asking how much did you get for it? How many miles on it?

We might try and trade my wife's Fit for a WRX at the same time we get the BRZ.
it was a 2010 fit sport 5 MT w/ 10k miles. i got 13.7k for it at brookdale acura.
ayau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:16 AM   #74
neutron256
Senior Member
 
neutron256's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Drives: '13 GBS Subaru BRZ
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 2,030
Thanks: 680
Thanked 664 Times in 382 Posts
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I see on some of the other threads that some subaru dealerships are getting demo/traing BRZ's. Anyone hear anything about this locally?
neutron256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:13 AM   #75
Chupacabra
'it's the yeti of Texas'
 
Chupacabra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Drives: 2013 Whiteout 6MT FR-S
Location: Parker, CO
Posts: 736
Thanks: 548
Thanked 202 Times in 119 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I haven't heard that from my contacts, but I think we'll hear something at the auto show if we get the chance to talk to a dealer.

By the way, the FR-S is set for full production on March 26th, and we might be seeing them mid-late May. And Burnsville Scion/Toyota has had more people seriously asking about the FR-S in the last week since xrs put the deposit down.
Chupacabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:19 AM   #76
neutron256
Senior Member
 
neutron256's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Drives: '13 GBS Subaru BRZ
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 2,030
Thanks: 680
Thanked 664 Times in 382 Posts
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chupacabra View Post
I haven't heard that from my contacts, but I think we'll hear something at the auto show if we get the chance to talk to a dealer.

By the way, the FR-S is set for full production on March 26th, and we might be seeing them mid-late May. And Burnsville Scion/Toyota has had more people seriously asking about the FR-S in the last week since xrs put the deposit down.
Nice. The big rumor is that Subaru will start taking ore-orders on the 27th.
neutron256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:39 PM   #77
ayau
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Drives: Some rust bucket
Location: Polar ice cap
Posts: 3,039
Thanks: 312
Thanked 1,037 Times in 551 Posts
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutron256 View Post
Nice. The big rumor is that Subaru will start taking ore-orders on the 27th.
Apparently that's pushed back to the 30th now.
ayau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:50 AM   #78
Chupacabra
'it's the yeti of Texas'
 
Chupacabra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Drives: 2013 Whiteout 6MT FR-S
Location: Parker, CO
Posts: 736
Thanks: 548
Thanked 202 Times in 119 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Guys, I had an awful experience at Walser Subaru today. I went after work to meet with my friend who is a sales associate there to discuss the BRZ and place a deposit down on the car for a pre-order.

I was asked to give a $500 deposit (check or cc) to be the first of the 5 total allocated units for the remainder of the year at Walser. I explained that I didn't have any checks on me but I'd get one from my credit union Monday and have the ability to finance via my credit union with proof of my score.

My friend (sales guy) said 'absolutely no problem, I'll just let my manager know'. My friend comes back and says 'I'll need you to fill out this credit application to approve the BRZ preorder' I said 'why?' and he told me it was standard procedure for their dealership since they've been burned in the past on STI's and other machines. I then explained how I was going to finance through my credit union and how I didn't need to fill out any of this in order to give a $500 deposit.

I then asked to inform the manager of this in my own words without my friend having to play messenger. He brought over his manager named 'Za**' (who shall remain anonymous and Canadian) who belittled me into attempting to fill out a credit app. I was disgusted at the tone of voice and the way he handled my willingness to get the BRZ. I explained that my $500 deposit and ability to fund a $29000 car would be something I'd consider prior to walking in the dealership and that my credit doesn't need to be placed in limbo within Walser's system. He then asked about my ability to get financed with a negative tone and then stated 'oh, we can do much better than 2.49% for 60' . Why the fuck would you say that in such a disdainful tone?

I'm sticking with the FR-S based off of this horrible manager experience at WALSER Subaru in Burnsville. Be aware, if you want the BRZ at this dealership, they will make you fill out a credit application!
__________________
BRZerhood & FR-Society

Chupacabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:10 AM   #79
xrs
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Drives: 02 Mitsubishi Mirage, 2012 Impreza
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 236
Thanks: 5
Thanked 54 Times in 31 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chupacabra View Post
Guys, I had an awful experience at Walser Subaru today. I went after work to meet with my friend who is a sales associate there to discuss the BRZ and place a deposit down on the car for a pre-order.

I was asked to give a $500 deposit (check or cc) to be the first of the 5 total allocated units for the remainder of the year at Walser. I explained that I didn't have any checks on me but I'd get one from my credit union Monday and have the ability to finance via my credit union with proof of my score.

My friend (sales guy) said 'absolutely no problem, I'll just let my manager know'. My friend comes back and says 'I'll need you to fill out this credit application to approve the BRZ preorder' I said 'why?' and he told me it was standard procedure for their dealership since they've been burned in the past on STI's and other machines. I then explained how I was going to finance through my credit union and how I didn't need to fill out any of this in order to give a $500 deposit.

I then asked to inform the manager of this in my own words without my friend having to play messenger. He brought over his manager named 'Za**' (who shall remain anonymous and Canadian) who belittled me into attempting to fill out a credit app. I was disgusted at the tone of voice and the way he handled my willingness to get the BRZ. I explained that my $500 deposit and ability to fund a $29000 car would be something I'd consider prior to walking in the dealership and that my credit doesn't need to be placed in limbo within Walser's system. He then asked about my ability to get financed with a negative tone and then stated 'oh, we can do much better than 2.49% for 60' . Why the fuck would you say that in such a disdainful tone?

I'm sticking with the FR-S based off of this horrible manager experience at WALSER Subaru in Burnsville. Be aware, if you want the BRZ at this dealership, they will make you fill out a credit application!
Yeah, that really sucks. We ran into the same sales manager there. Total tool, went on a trade evaluation "test drive" with him and he would spout off all the oldest salesman jokes in the book. I really liked their new manager they hired though. Yeah, only reason we ended up buying from there was it's the closest location to us and they had the exact incoming impreza we wanted.
xrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:41 AM   #80
Chupacabra
'it's the yeti of Texas'
 
Chupacabra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Drives: 2013 Whiteout 6MT FR-S
Location: Parker, CO
Posts: 736
Thanks: 548
Thanked 202 Times in 119 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I just think its unfortunate that they have someone there like that. Everyone that I know there is really genuine and I think he's a genuine jerk.

So, it'll be an FR-S for me. And we can still drive like a boss. It makes me want to buy Bill and the people at Burnsville Scion a box of chocolates.
__________________
BRZerhood & FR-Society

Chupacabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:56 AM   #81
neutron256
Senior Member
 
neutron256's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Drives: '13 GBS Subaru BRZ
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 2,030
Thanks: 680
Thanked 664 Times in 382 Posts
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chupacabra View Post
Guys, I had an awful experience at Walser Subaru today. I went after work to meet with my friend who is a sales associate there to discuss the BRZ and place a deposit down on the car for a pre-order.

I was asked to give a $500 deposit (check or cc) to be the first of the 5 total allocated units for the remainder of the year at Walser. I explained that I didn't have any checks on me but I'd get one from my credit union Monday and have the ability to finance via my credit union with proof of my score.

My friend (sales guy) said 'absolutely no problem, I'll just let my manager know'. My friend comes back and says 'I'll need you to fill out this credit application to approve the BRZ preorder' I said 'why?' and he told me it was standard procedure for their dealership since they've been burned in the past on STI's and other machines. I then explained how I was going to finance through my credit union and how I didn't need to fill out any of this in order to give a $500 deposit.

I then asked to inform the manager of this in my own words without my friend having to play messenger. He brought over his manager named 'Za**' (who shall remain anonymous and Canadian) who belittled me into attempting to fill out a credit app. I was disgusted at the tone of voice and the way he handled my willingness to get the BRZ. I explained that my $500 deposit and ability to fund a $29000 car would be something I'd consider prior to walking in the dealership and that my credit doesn't need to be placed in limbo within Walser's system. He then asked about my ability to get financed with a negative tone and then stated 'oh, we can do much better than 2.49% for 60' . Why the fuck would you say that in such a disdainful tone?

I'm sticking with the FR-S based off of this horrible manager experience at WALSER Subaru in Burnsville. Be aware, if you want the BRZ at this dealership, they will make you fill out a credit application!
Night and day difference from my experience at Bloomington Subaru. The were very positive, and have been keeping me updated with whatever new info the get (which isn't much). I'm a little nervous that I'm number 7 on their list but I'm assuming that at lest a few of those won't end up buying from them.
neutron256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:11 PM   #82
Chupacabra
'it's the yeti of Texas'
 
Chupacabra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Drives: 2013 Whiteout 6MT FR-S
Location: Parker, CO
Posts: 736
Thanks: 548
Thanked 202 Times in 119 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutron256 View Post
Night and day difference from my experience at Bloomington Subaru. The were very positive, and have been keeping me updated with whatever new info the get (which isn't much). I'm a little nervous that I'm number 7 on their list but I'm assuming that at lest a few of those won't end up buying from them.
It was odd, because I was set on the FR-S but I wanted to see what my friend had to offer. The number 1 would have been nice, but not with the bs I had to endure.
__________________
BRZerhood & FR-Society

Chupacabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 02:11 PM   #83
ayau
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Drives: Some rust bucket
Location: Polar ice cap
Posts: 3,039
Thanks: 312
Thanked 1,037 Times in 551 Posts
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutron256 View Post
Night and day difference from my experience at Bloomington Subaru. The were very positive, and have been keeping me updated with whatever new info the get (which isn't much). I'm a little nervous that I'm number 7 on their list but I'm assuming that at lest a few of those won't end up buying from them.
Is that the official waiting list? eg., did all those pep ole already put down a $500 deposit.

I thought MN Subaru dealers weren't taking deposits yet.
ayau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 05:32 PM   #84
neutron256
Senior Member
 
neutron256's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Drives: '13 GBS Subaru BRZ
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 2,030
Thanks: 680
Thanked 664 Times in 382 Posts
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayau View Post
Is that the official waiting list? eg., did all those pep ole already put down a $500 deposit.

I thought MN Subaru dealers weren't taking deposits yet.
Bloomington Subaru is doing it a bit different then what I've heard from other dealerships. They asked for $250 deposit for now to reserve the place in line. Once they can acutally oreder from SoA they will need another $750 (for a total of $1000).

I'm hoping that when it comes to coughing up the rest of the deposit some of the people ahead of me will bow out.
neutron256 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Check in, eh? NorthFool CANADA 24 02-23-2012 08:32 AM
*NSFW* "Check Out My Subaru" on You Tube Axel Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions 4 01-17-2010 06:56 PM
how do you check a site 4agze Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] 3 11-21-2009 10:27 PM
Video of FT-86 @ TMS from Edmunds. Check out how small the car is next to people. JDMinc FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum 9 10-25-2009 09:53 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.