follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Great Lakes

Great Lakes IL, IN, MI, MN, OH, WI

User Tag List

Old 02-17-2012, 09:45 AM   #71
neutron256

Drives: '13 GBS Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayau View Post
Sold my Fit to Acura in Brooklyn Park last night. They offered me the most value.

Now the wait is on for the BRZ.
If you don't mind me asking how much did you get for it? How many miles on it?

We might try and trade my wife's Fit for a WRX at the same time we get the BRZ.
neutron256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 03:17 AM   #72
TangoT

Drives: vw gti
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutron256 View Post
Once some of us acutally have our cars I would love to have a meetup. And I'd be happy to give a ride to a fellow enthusiast.
Sweet. Years ago I almost bought a 86 corolla hatch up in ely for 100 bucks lol i wish i did. but now that these puppies are comming out I have something else to aim for.
TangoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 03:27 AM   #73
ayau

Drives: Some rust bucket
Thanked 1,037 Times in 551 Posts
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quote:
If you don't mind me asking how much did you get for it? How many miles on it?

We might try and trade my wife's Fit for a WRX at the same time we get the BRZ.
it was a 2010 fit sport 5 MT w/ 10k miles. i got 13.7k for it at brookdale acura.
ayau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:16 AM   #74
neutron256

I see on some of the other threads that some subaru dealerships are getting demo/traing BRZ's. Anyone hear anything about this locally?
Old 02-21-2012, 01:13 AM   #75
Chupacabra
'it's the yeti of Texas'

Drives: 2013 Whiteout 6MT FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
I haven't heard that from my contacts, but I think we'll hear something at the auto show if we get the chance to talk to a dealer.

By the way, the FR-S is set for full production on March 26th, and we might be seeing them mid-late May. And Burnsville Scion/Toyota has had more people seriously asking about the FR-S in the last week since xrs put the deposit down.
Chupacabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:19 AM   #76
neutron256

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chupacabra View Post
I haven't heard that from my contacts, but I think we'll hear something at the auto show if we get the chance to talk to a dealer.

By the way, the FR-S is set for full production on March 26th, and we might be seeing them mid-late May. And Burnsville Scion/Toyota has had more people seriously asking about the FR-S in the last week since xrs put the deposit down.
Nice. The big rumor is that Subaru will start taking ore-orders on the 27th.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:39 PM   #77
ayau

Quote:
Nice. The big rumor is that Subaru will start taking ore-orders on the 27th.
Apparently that's pushed back to the 30th now.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:50 AM   #78
Chupacabra
'it's the yeti of Texas'

Guys, I had an awful experience at Walser Subaru today. I went after work to meet with my friend who is a sales associate there to discuss the BRZ and place a deposit down on the car for a pre-order.

I was asked to give a $500 deposit (check or cc) to be the first of the 5 total allocated units for the remainder of the year at Walser. I explained that I didn't have any checks on me but I'd get one from my credit union Monday and have the ability to finance via my credit union with proof of my score.

My friend (sales guy) said 'absolutely no problem, I'll just let my manager know'. My friend comes back and says 'I'll need you to fill out this credit application to approve the BRZ preorder' I said 'why?' and he told me it was standard procedure for their dealership since they've been burned in the past on STI's and other machines. I then explained how I was going to finance through my credit union and how I didn't need to fill out any of this in order to give a $500 deposit.

I then asked to inform the manager of this in my own words without my friend having to play messenger. He brought over his manager named 'Za**' (who shall remain anonymous and Canadian) who belittled me into attempting to fill out a credit app. I was disgusted at the tone of voice and the way he handled my willingness to get the BRZ. I explained that my $500 deposit and ability to fund a $29000 car would be something I'd consider prior to walking in the dealership and that my credit doesn't need to be placed in limbo within Walser's system. He then asked about my ability to get financed with a negative tone and then stated 'oh, we can do much better than 2.49% for 60' . Why the fuck would you say that in such a disdainful tone?

I'm sticking with the FR-S based off of this horrible manager experience at WALSER Subaru in Burnsville. Be aware, if you want the BRZ at this dealership, they will make you fill out a credit application!

Old 02-26-2012, 10:10 AM   #79
xrs

Drives: 02 Mitsubishi Mirage, 2012 Impreza
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Guys, I had an awful experience at Walser Subaru today. I went after work to meet with my friend who is a sales associate there to discuss the BRZ and place a deposit down on the car for a pre-order.

I was asked to give a $500 deposit (check or cc) to be the first of the 5 total allocated units for the remainder of the year at Walser. I explained that I didn't have any checks on me but I'd get one from my credit union Monday and have the ability to finance via my credit union with proof of my score.

My friend (sales guy) said 'absolutely no problem, I'll just let my manager know'. My friend comes back and says 'I'll need you to fill out this credit application to approve the BRZ preorder' I said 'why?' and he told me it was standard procedure for their dealership since they've been burned in the past on STI's and other machines. I then explained how I was going to finance through my credit union and how I didn't need to fill out any of this in order to give a $500 deposit.

I then asked to inform the manager of this in my own words without my friend having to play messenger. He brought over his manager named 'Za**' (who shall remain anonymous and Canadian) who belittled me into attempting to fill out a credit app. I was disgusted at the tone of voice and the way he handled my willingness to get the BRZ. I explained that my $500 deposit and ability to fund a $29000 car would be something I'd consider prior to walking in the dealership and that my credit doesn't need to be placed in limbo within Walser's system. He then asked about my ability to get financed with a negative tone and then stated 'oh, we can do much better than 2.49% for 60' . Why the fuck would you say that in such a disdainful tone?

I'm sticking with the FR-S based off of this horrible manager experience at WALSER Subaru in Burnsville. Be aware, if you want the BRZ at this dealership, they will make you fill out a credit application!
Yeah, that really sucks. We ran into the same sales manager there. Total tool, went on a trade evaluation "test drive" with him and he would spout off all the oldest salesman jokes in the book. I really liked their new manager they hired though. Yeah, only reason we ended up buying from there was it's the closest location to us and they had the exact incoming impreza we wanted.
xrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:41 AM   #80
Chupacabra
'it's the yeti of Texas'

I just think its unfortunate that they have someone there like that. Everyone that I know there is really genuine and I think he's a genuine jerk.

So, it'll be an FR-S for me. And we can still drive like a boss. It makes me want to buy Bill and the people at Burnsville Scion a box of chocolates.

Old 02-26-2012, 11:56 AM   #81
neutron256

Quote:

Night and day difference from my experience at Bloomington Subaru. The were very positive, and have been keeping me updated with whatever new info the get (which isn't much). I'm a little nervous that I'm number 7 on their list but I'm assuming that at lest a few of those won't end up buying from them.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:11 PM   #82
Chupacabra
'it's the yeti of Texas'

Quote:
Night and day difference from my experience at Bloomington Subaru. The were very positive, and have been keeping me updated with whatever new info the get (which isn't much). I'm a little nervous that I'm number 7 on their list but I'm assuming that at lest a few of those won't end up buying from them.
It was odd, because I was set on the FR-S but I wanted to see what my friend had to offer. The number 1 would have been nice, but not with the bs I had to endure.

Old 02-26-2012, 02:11 PM   #83
ayau

Quote:
Is that the official waiting list? eg., did all those pep ole already put down a $500 deposit.

I thought MN Subaru dealers weren't taking deposits yet.
Old 02-26-2012, 05:32 PM   #84
neutron256

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayau View Post
Is that the official waiting list? eg., did all those pep ole already put down a $500 deposit.

I thought MN Subaru dealers weren't taking deposits yet.
Bloomington Subaru is doing it a bit different then what I've heard from other dealerships. They asked for $250 deposit for now to reserve the place in line. Once they can acutally oreder from SoA they will need another $750 (for a total of $1000).

I'm hoping that when it comes to coughing up the rest of the deposit some of the people ahead of me will bow out.