follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List
BT, dpfarr

Old 09-22-2021, 04:14 PM   #4299
shaqin

Drives: Asphalt 2016 FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpfarr View Post
I wouldn’t install that either. You should have considered shipping damage??
I bought it from the store in Arlington, TX
shaqin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 04:16 PM   #4300
shaqin

Quote:
Originally Posted by B T View Post
I'd be super pissed, but I suppose you could fund an aluminum welder to fix that. Take it to a machine shop after and have it decked.
Yeah I'm pretty frustrated at both companies. If I can't get it resolved through Edelbrock in the next month or so I will take it to a machine shop.
Old 09-22-2021, 11:32 PM   #4301
dpfarr

Drives: BRZ ts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
So I finally figured out how to log w ecutek.

Looks like my MAP is showing 2.67 as a static value while my car is running. The fuel rail pressure is erratic while running. I was recording it while holding throttle and then let it die. It was ~20 MPa and fell quickly.

I sent this to my tuner.

Lastly, did I fuck up and not dump my stock rom to save a stock file to program? I didn’t figure out how to flash to stock. Is this a generic file ecutek can provide?

Log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VGF...w?usp=drivesdk
dpfarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 02:10 AM   #4302
FrickingReallySlow

Drives: 2015 FR-S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Lastly, did I fuck up and not dump my stock rom to save a stock file to program? I didn’t figure out how to flash to stock. Is this a generic file ecutek can provide?
Yes Ecutek will download all the stock roms, can't remember which menu option but during startup it asks if you want to download all the roms. You just need to remember which calid is your cars
FrickingReallySlow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FrickingReallySlow For This Useful Post:
dpfarr (09-23-2021)
Old 09-23-2021, 10:07 AM   #4303
aKaGorganZola

Drives: 2017 BRZ Series. Yellow
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:

Looks like my MAP is showing 2.67 as a static value while my car is running. The fuel rail pressure is erratic while running. I was recording it while holding throttle and then let it die. It was ~20 MPa and fell quickly.

I sent this to my tuner.

It looks like you are having the same issue I had on my install. Is your car just dumping fuel? I could hold the idle up but it would be pouring black smoke out the exhaust.
I had a cut wire on my map sensor. I didn't see it during install but after rooting around for a day I saw the end poking out of the loom protector. I don't think I still have the picture I sent to delicious but start at the sensor and work your way back down the harness. If it's not getting the 5v input it defaults to whatever the max is. Easy way to check is just unplug the sensor and watch your map reading.
aKaGorganZola is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aKaGorganZola For This Useful Post:
dpfarr (09-23-2021), sato (09-23-2021)
Old 09-23-2021, 01:53 PM   #4304
brandonblt2
The Stig's African Cousin

Drives: 2014 wrb brz
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaqin View Post
Here are the pics. Machine shop is definitely an option but I'm really hoping to understand the process/price for a new runner(s) before trying to fix this one. Not sure how I'd test whether the fix worked without installing and running.

I appreciate the messages from y'all with contact info.
Yea that would definitely leak if you installed it.
brandonblt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 01:59 PM   #4305
brandonblt2
The Stig's African Cousin

Drives: 2014 wrb brz
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:

I sent this to my tuner.

Quick tip create an account at https://datazap.me/ to upload your logs. Makes it easier to share data and for people to look at your logs on the forum.
brandonblt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to brandonblt2 For This Useful Post:
dpfarr (09-23-2021)
Old 09-23-2021, 02:58 PM   #4306
Decep

Drives: 2013 FR-S Series 10
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaqin View Post
Yeah I'm pretty frustrated at both companies. If I can't get it resolved through Edelbrock in the next month or so I will take it to a machine shop.
What a bunch of ****s. What’s the disclaimer on the website for open box? There’s open box and then there’s defective and damaged merchandise. Noted not to do business with that company.
Edelbrock Supercharger installed @ 50k
Decep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 11:38 AM   #4307
shaqin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decep View Post
What a bunch of ****s. What’s the disclaimer on the website for open box? There’s open box and then there’s defective and damaged merchandise. Noted not to do business with that company.
You can't buy open box online, nor over the phone. In person they say no refunds but the woman helping during checkout while we were looking over the pieces said to my face, "there may be pieces missing and there may be surface damage, but there will not be functional damage".
I'm not even asking for a refund, I just want them to order me a replacement part or help me pay for it. Yeah, don't recommend buying from Summit if you can avoid it. BBB ratings are pretty terrible.
Old 09-24-2021, 05:58 PM   #4308
Z06ZN6

Drives: 2017 Toyota 86
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
I've been building cars for 30 years and used to order everything from summit back in the days when you actually had to pick up a paper catalog and phone and call in your order. Can't recall any issues and they were great to work with. I've been working on other platforms in recent years and haven't ordered much from them but they had stock when the SC dropped off of Edelbrocks website (gave me a scare it might be discontinued) so I ordered from them ASAP. Other than getting an older kit without all the revisions (which Edelbrock took complete care of me) I had only one issue with Summit which was getting an actual receipt I could use for the $500 rebate Edelbrock offered at the time. It was quite a struggle communicating with them and took numerous calls to finally get a receipt sent out. I'd still buy from them again but tend to look elsewhere first. They've changed, everyone has changed. At least I've found them not as bad as Best Buy where it takes 8 one hour phone calls to customer service in the Phillipines with real live roosters crowing in the background for the entire call just to get a refund of some gift cards. Your situation is just unacceptable and it seems like if you reached the right person there you might get help. I find if I don't get what I want, I call again and talk to someone else and eventually reach someone who takes positive action. Open box is one thing, selling a $5000 paper weight is another.
Z06ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 10:26 PM   #4309
dpfarr

Drives: BRZ ts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonblt2 View Post
Quick tip create an account at https://datazap.me/ to upload your logs. Makes it easier to share data and for people to look at your logs on the forum.
Good looking out.

https://datazap.me/u/dpfarr/ebsc-bas...ng?log=0&data=
dpfarr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dpfarr For This Useful Post:
brandonblt2 (09-27-2021)
Old 09-26-2021, 08:28 PM   #4310
Zee7

Drives: 2018 BRZ
Does anyone the actual psi that the 2.625" pulley reads on Dyno?
Zee7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 02:10 AM   #4311
bokehmon

Drives: 2014 DMG BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Does anyone have what a normal log should look like?
I've got some CRAZY looking fuel trims.

Throwing both p1170 and p0171

https://datazap.me/u/bokehmon/log-16...&data=31-34-35

I've replace the MAF, o2 sensor, and smoke tested the supercharger/intake (using the bypass hose line) for leaks... no leaks.

I have a JDL UEL, which i figured might have a leak - so I stuck the stock header back on - it seems to have evened it out a little, but still +30 ltft fuel trims. (i assume its evened out due to o2 sensor positioning being in the collector for all 4 cylinders, rather than just 1 runner)

I also have the radium dual catch cans that seem to be routed correctly (Does anyone know if im supposed to keep that enlarged vaccum line to the PVC, or just run the hose from the catch can directly to the nipple on the block?)

I'm at my wit's end trying to figure out this thing.
bokehmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 04:34 AM   #4312
BirdTRD
Simply Forgotus

Drives: 2014 Supercharged SSM BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokehmon View Post
Does anyone have what a normal log should look like?
I've got some CRAZY looking fuel trims.

Throwing both p1170 and p0171

I've replace the MAF, o2 sensor, and smoke tested the supercharger/intake (using the bypass hose line) for leaks... no leaks.

I have a JDL UEL, which i figured might have a leak - so I stuck the stock header back on - it seems to have evened it out a little, but still +30 ltft fuel trims. (i assume its evened out due to o2 sensor positioning being in the collector for all 4 cylinders, rather than just 1 runner)

I also have the radium dual catch cans that seem to be routed correctly (Does anyone know if im supposed to keep that enlarged vaccum line to the PVC, or just run the hose from the catch can directly to the nipple on the block?)

I'm at my wit's end trying to figure out this thing.

A vacuum leak will do this. Have you tested your bypass valve to make sure it's not the source of the leak?
BirdTRD is offline   Reply With Quote