follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Old 11-12-2017, 05:40 PM   #36359
MrFisty
The Fistiest

Drives: 2013 Argento FR-S
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
Welp ...... kind of slow today on ye ol forum ........ ya'll must be at church ....... praying that humfrz doesn't burn in hell ........

humfrz
I'm trying to be on the forum more, motivate myself to start working on the car again once I pay off my credit cards from moving.

The FRS has taken a back seat, which is a good thing. Now I can give it some attention while the Chevy Sonic Turbo takes the brunt of all my daily driving/Ubering.

EDIT:

I also want to build an AR pistol before I get back to work n the car, but we'll see..Might have to sell my rifle to fund it.
humfrz (11-12-2017), Tcoat (11-12-2017)
Old 11-12-2017, 05:49 PM   #36360
MrFisty
The Fistiest

On a side note, I left Mississippi and moved to Pittsburgh.

We've got a race track with some drift events.

Hoping to get:
-Wheels
-Tires
-Megan Rack Ends
-MAYBE Flex Fuel
-Serious Cleaning

done before the next season.

My interior has gotten bad....
Old 11-12-2017, 06:19 PM   #36361
MrFisty
The Fistiest

Also, a big thanks to @humfrz for your service to the country.

I know I'm a day behind, but I have spent the last week thinking a lot about the people I know who served.

I get frustrated around Veteran's day. I saw JC Penny running a Veteran's day sale. Not for Veterans or even active members, just a sale on Veteran's day open to anyone.

Stuff like this really frustrate me. I feel like most of us are missing the point.
humfrz (11-12-2017)
Old 11-12-2017, 06:25 PM   #36362
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,795 Times in 16,418 Posts
Mentioned: 707 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFisty View Post
I'm trying to be on the forum more, motivate myself to start working on the car again once I pay off my credit cards from moving.

The FRS has taken a back seat, which is a good thing. Now I can give it some attention while the Chevy Sonic Turbo takes the brunt of all my daily driving/Ubering.

EDIT:

I also want to build an AR pistol before I get back to work n the car, but we'll see..Might have to sell my rifle to fund it.
Pay off credit cards because of moving ......??

I remember, back-in-the-day, I moved several times (with the same company). The company would buy out my house (if it didn't sell within 30 days), they would pay for a bridging loan (if necessary), they would make up the difference in home interest rate (if any) (for 5 years), they would chip in a months salary (for the hassle), they paid all expenses for at least two house hunting trips, they paid all of the realtors fees (on both ends) and of course, they paid for all the movers expenses ..........plus, I'd get a raise in pay.

Them were the good ol days .......

Does the FR-S have a back seat ......??

Build an AR pistol ??....... What the hell for .....?? What are you going to hunt ...... grizzly bears .....??

humfrz
Old 11-12-2017, 06:30 PM   #36363
humfrz

Quote:
On a side note, I left Mississippi and moved to Pittsburgh.

We've got a race track with some drift events.

Hoping to get:
-Wheels
-Tires
-Megan Rack Ends
-MAYBE Flex Fuel
-Serious Cleaning

done before the next season.

My interior has gotten bad....
Well, I've visited Pittsburgh and I've visited Mississippi ...... so, I won't comment on THAT move ......

What happened to the interior of your car ...... were the gators sleeping in it .. ??

humfrz
Old 11-12-2017, 06:31 PM   #36364
MrFisty
The Fistiest

Quote:
Pay off credit cards because of moving ......??

I remember, back-in-the-day, I moved several times (with the same company). The company would buy out my house (if it didn't sell within 30 days), they would pay for a bridging loan (if necessary), they would make up the difference in home interest rate (if any) (for 5 years), they would chip in a months salary (for the hassle), they paid all expenses for at least two house hunting trips, they paid all of the realtors fees (on both ends) and of course, they paid for all the movers expenses ..........plus, I'd get a raise in pay.

Them were the good ol days .......

Does the FR-S have a back seat ......??

Build an AR pistol ??....... What the hell for .....?? What are you going to hunt ...... grizzly bears .....??

humfrz
Well, my company might have helped....IF I had a company.

I was very unhappy in my PhD, and my girlfriend was about to graduate vet school and was having trouble finding a job nearby. Jobs aren't easy to come by in Mississippi, anyways. So, after some thought, I left my PhD program and am finishing an MBA online, instead. We decided to move to Pittsburgh, nearer to her family and opportunities. I will have my MBA in the spring and I'm Ubering about 40-50 hours a week right now and it's paying the bills. ($400-700 a week, after gas!)

But I stayed the summer in MS. It was a last mintue move and I wanted to take some time with my friends. I was supposed to teach and make about $3000, which would have made the move easy, but the school fudged up on some stuff and caused my class not to make. Sooo...I credit carded it through the summer and the move.

But yeah. GF's new job didn't help with the move. It would have been nice, but that's okay. We have decent/good jobs, and I like PA.

BAHA! Mostly paper hunting. I like the increased modularity/mobility of the pistol platform.

It's a building/cleaning/practice hobby for me, really. But...I haven't hunted much at all. I want to go down next deer season with my dad in Alabama and make him proud with a buck kill.
Old 11-12-2017, 06:35 PM   #36365
humfrz

Quote:
Also, a big thanks to @humfrz for your service to the country.

I know I'm a day behind, but I have spent the last week thinking a lot about the people I know who served.

I get frustrated around Veteran's day. I saw JC Penny running a Veteran's day sale. Not for Veterans or even active members, just a sale on Veteran's day open to anyone.

Stuff like this really frustrate me. I feel like most of us are missing the point.
Thanks for your thanks.

Yep, retailers will use any reason to corrupt a special day ....... just look whet they do to Christmas ......

humfrz
The Following User Says Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
MrFisty (11-12-2017)
Old 11-12-2017, 06:36 PM   #36366
MrFisty
The Fistiest

Quote:
Well, I've visited Pittsburgh and I've visited Mississippi ...... so, I won't comment on THAT move ......

What happened to the interior of your car ...... were the gators sleeping in it .. ??

humfrz
Not sure, exactly. Some weird smell/mustyness over time. The seats, mostly the driver side, have some weird discoloration. And it's just dirt in general. Wore a hole through my floor mat.

I really just need to get it detailed, maybe steam clean the seats.

Oh, come on! I like Pittsburgh! A whole lot more to do here, but they frown on day drinking more than in MS.
Old 11-12-2017, 06:54 PM   #36367
humfrz

Quote:
Well, my company might have helped....IF I had a company.

I was very unhappy in my PhD, and my girlfriend was about to graduate vet school and was having trouble finding a job nearby. Jobs aren't easy to come by in Mississippi, anyways. So, after some thought, I left my PhD program and am finishing an MBA online, instead. We decided to move to Pittsburgh, nearer to her family and opportunities. I will have my MBA in the spring and I'm Ubering about 40-50 hours a week right now and it's paying the bills. ($400-700 a week, after gas!)

But I stayed the summer in MS. It was a last mintue move and I wanted to take some time with my friends. I was supposed to teach and make about $3000, which would have made the move easy, but the school fudged up on some stuff and caused my class not to make. Sooo...I credit carded it through the summer and the move.

But yeah. GF's new job didn't help with the move. It would have been nice, but that's okay. We have decent/good jobs, and I like PA.

BAHA! Mostly paper hunting. I like the increased modularity/mobility of the pistol platform.

It's a building/cleaning/practice hobby for me, really. But...I haven't hunted much at all. I want to go down next deer season with my dad in Alabama and make him proud with a buck kill.
Yep, mrs humfrz was well on her way to a PhD ...... but, he settled for a MA, after she met me ...... yep, that's when her life hit the skids ......

I'm glad you like PA ...... it's a pretty state ...... nice roads for sporty car driving.

I suggest you NOT go deer hunting in PA if it's anything like CT. Those city slicker jerks, come out of the cities, rent a .30-06 rifle and shoot at anything in the woods that moves ...... thinking it's a deer.

I remember back in CT, some jerk from NYC, took a shot at a kid on a yellow Honda trail bike ....... thought it was a deer ......

As far as machine pistols, I figure if I can't protect myself, my family and my property with my ol .45 ACP and three magazines of ammo ....... I'll retreat firing my .357 revolver over my shoulder ......

humfrz
Old 11-12-2017, 07:04 PM   #36368
humfrz

Quote:
Not sure, exactly. Some weird smell/mustyness over time. The seats, mostly the driver side, have some weird discoloration. And it's just dirt in general. Wore a hole through my floor mat.

I really just need to get it detailed, maybe steam clean the seats.

Oh, come on! I like Pittsburgh! A whole lot more to do here, but they frown on day drinking more than in MS.
Ya, I reckon MS is much more laid back that PA.

humfrz
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
MrFisty (11-12-2017)
Old 11-12-2017, 07:47 PM   #36369
Ultramaroon
義理チョコ

Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Thanked 36,469 Times in 18,894 Posts
Mentioned: 1106 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Quote:
@Ultramaroon ...... how many chickens do you have .. ??
Four so far.
Old 11-12-2017, 08:35 PM   #36370
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2494 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramaroon View Post
Four so far.
MrFisty (11-12-2017)
Old 11-12-2017, 08:51 PM   #36371
Ultramaroon
義理チョコ

Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Thanked 36,469 Times in 18,894 Posts
Mentioned: 1106 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Pretty much.
Old 11-12-2017, 09:12 PM   #36372
soulreapersteve
Contract? /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Drives: An orange cone with flappy paddles
Thanked 5,170 Times in 2,703 Posts
Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quote:
What is this Ts?
Idk, its been mentioned many times on this forum in the past. Didn't care too much to research on my own lol

http://media.subaru.com/pressrelease...rx-sti-type-ra

Looks good but mehhhhhhhhh

Anyways, it's already time for me to buy a new set of tires. Purchased in January, already down to 4/32 tread. Combination of the many weekend drives, 3 auto-x days, dd, and mostly hooning in the desert really took a toll on them.
The Twins make me smile
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to soulreapersteve For This Useful Post:
MrFisty (11-12-2017), Teseo (11-12-2017)
Closed Thread

Tags
aching balls, ass or gtfo, germanystrikesback, guff approved, human resources, i don't wanna go to prom, i lurk, i participated, i read this thread, i'm so gay, ichi has crabs, ichi is in denial, imanage can't manage, in god we thrust, me worry?, member berries, never forget, no politics, nothing for you!!!, nsfp, omg i can't catch up! :(, poo on my chest, post #696 review on ichi, sapphireho sucks!, specialk watches you post, special_k is a lurker, tcoat is as tcoat does, tcoat is dead, tcoat is jesus, tcoat is risen, tcoat returns, tcoat rules, tig ol bitties, tits or gtfo, trackmyfarts, tylerlieberman is a cuck, wubba lubba dub dubs!!!, y u do dis