follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 01-09-2014, 10:22 PM   #1
Ymerej

Drives: Whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Lowering Springs Question

Hey guy's I post a lot on suspension because I'm new to this. I decided to go with the Eibach Sportline springs. How much am I looking at for a shop to install them or is it easy to do on my own. I'm guessing ill probably need an alignment just wondering if its mandatory and how much at average for that. And just wondering on lowering springs how long do the stock struts run before i'll need new ones? i have around 5569 miles on my car and its my daily driver i don't track it. Thanks for the help and sorry for all the questions like i said I'm new to this.
Ymerej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:55 PM   #2
2point0

Drives: '13 BRZ Ltd WRB
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Garage
Not sure about strut/shock longevity with that drop, but yes you should get an alignment. I would pick up a set of camber bolts for the front. Shops don't usually charge less when you have fewer adjustments, so it's kind of like getting more for your money and the car really likes a little negative camber in front. Easy install if you have a breaker bar and a torque wrench.

Around here, Firestone charges something like $80 for all 4 corners, or $150 for lifetime alignments. The one near me doesn't like adjusting aftermarket parts. Hell, they argued with me about one degree negative. ONE DEGREE. lol. I think my local Subaru dealer wanted $150 for just one visit. Ouch.
2point0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:48 PM   #3
Eric@ptuning

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Not sure where youre located but here at Ptuning we specialize in lowered car alignments. We have an in-ground alignment rack perfect for lowered cars, we also can align your car to your custom or provided specs (of course minding the mechanical limits of the car)

And if interested in camber adjustments we carry camber bolts and rear lower control arms allowing for rear camber adjustment

http://www.ptuning.com/subdir/search...el=fr-s&Brand=
Eric@ptuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 09:24 PM   #4
Dwood11

Drives: 2014 SWP BRZ LIMITED
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
You will benifit from lca's and front camber bolts to go with your springs. Put those in. Drive for at least a hundred plus miles and give it about a week or more for the springs to settle.
Then get it aligned. Finding a good alignemnt shop will be worth it. Unfortunately a place like Firestone or your run of the mill alignment place will give you a safe boring alignment. Nothing wrong with that, but a race shop will be able to dial in your alignment to your driving style. Although if you are just into looks and not extracting any potential from these amazing handling cars than by all means get the mom and pop alignment.
Dwood11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frs, lowering springs