follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Northwest

Northwest AK, ID, OR, WA

User Tag List

Old 02-23-2022, 07:39 PM   #1
AnotherDude000

Drives: 2022 GR86 Neptune Blue!
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Review! Epic Auto Detail in Gresham (it's not good)

Have to say, extremely disappointed in Epic Auto Detailing's QC and customer service. I brought my brand new 2022 GR86 in to have full front PPF package installed and while the first 3 photos look great, getting into the details was where I was left upset and extremely disappointed.

Let's start with the 4th and 5th photos. Upon getting ready to leave and pay I noticed something had scuffed my paint on the bumper above the bend (4th photo). I brought it to their attention and they immediately went to work on fixing it. After about 20 mins, you can tell in the 5th photo, they were unable to fix it. The detailer I spoke to told me he could help "hide" it better, but this is a brand new car! You can still tell it's there! I've had worse paint scuffs and even damage down through the paint restored with no blemishes whatsoever by other companies before. I talked to another gentleman there that "wasn't defending the company" but tried to rationalize with me that maybe a shopping cart could have hit it, but there is no paint transfer, and for it to happen on the incline and no damage below makes me doubtful of this. The detailer asked me if I was happy with how it turned out(picture #5) and I told him "No, this is a brand new car!" And he left it at that, he was afraid to buff it anymore.

As for the PPF itself, there are photos included showing numerous contaminants underneath the PPF. They told me these were paint chips, but you can tell by the bubbling and the raised feel of the PPF that these were sitting above the paint, not recessed into the paint as a rock chip would be. I noticed 3 on the front bumper. Also, if you look around the Toyota logo, you can see where there's some slight bubbling due to the PPF not being applied properly.

Finally, we get to the car wash, because they washed the car after the PPF was completed. As you can tell by the photos, there are numerous instances where you can tell the wasn't dried properly. I have streaks on the headlights, the door mirrors, hood, front bumper, and definitely on the windshield. I'll be honest, I'm not a professional auto detailer or anything, but I guarantee you when I hand wash my car, this is never the case.

Overall, a very disappointing experience with Epic Auto Detailing. They didn't give me a discount for any of these issues or imperfections. For the amount I paid, I expected a LOT more professionalism and attention to detail, especially on a brand new car. I have an appointment for 2 weeks to go back for a free car wash that was included with my purchase, but I'm doubting if I'll even do that considering the condition of my current car wash. They get 2 stars for completing the service within the stated time frame.
Attached Images

AnotherDude000 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AnotherDude000 For This Useful Post:
Ammunition (03-31-2022), burningjello (02-25-2022)
Old 02-24-2022, 01:32 PM   #2
Ducati.Femme

Drives: 2017 BRZ Limited - Pearl White
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I would be absolutely LIVID, and demand money back. They ruined a BRAND new car, you can't come back from that. I know a good detailer that might be abe to help you, and or at least give you some feedback on what can be done if you'd like his number. I also have a great ppf installer who might be able to work some magic and make those mistakes look better, if not removed. I am so sorry this happened to you.
Ducati.Femme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 02:01 PM   #3
AnotherDude000

Drives: 2022 GR86 Neptune Blue!
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati.Femme View Post
I would be absolutely LIVID, and demand money back. They ruined a BRAND new car, you can't come back from that. I know a good detailer that might be abe to help you, and or at least give you some feedback on what can be done if you'd like his number. I also have a great ppf installer who might be able to work some magic and make those mistakes look better, if not removed. I am so sorry this happened to you.
Thanks, Ducati! I've reached out to them to see if they're willing to give me a refund. If not, I'm doing a charge back. This is some half assed work and the shiity car wash job tells it all. Someone pointed out to me that I might have hard water stains stuck underneath the PPF too which is serious cause for concern. I'll let you know how it goes.
AnotherDude000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 03:49 PM   #4
Ducati.Femme

Drives: 2017 BRZ Limited - Pearl White
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Good luck! Waterstains are like a detailers WORST nightmare. I absolutely hate water marks, and do everything in my power to negate them while detailing. If they are, then they can be easily removed. But the reinstall of the ppf would be needed.

Good luck, and let me know if you need anything!
Ducati.Femme is offline   Reply With Quote