follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 10-04-2014, 02:20 AM   #5615
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini Cooper S View Post
I got some bad news. No matter what the '15 FRS won't drift. They changed the suspension to a Tercel.
Will still drift. Just takes a tad more effort to break traction. 'Bout the same as my 14 with the lowering springs.
Mr.Impreza (10-04-2014)
Old 10-04-2014, 03:56 PM   #5616
Chillswitch

Drives: '13 Whiteout FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Just picked up my certified pre-owned 2013 FR-S in Whiteout. Love it! I used to be a Toyota technician for a few years; I got involved in restoring Porsches and everything Italian plus race cars after that. Out of everything I've driven or worked on, this car is absolutely the best bang for the buck. I'm excited to be a part of this community!
Lonewolf (10-07-2014), Mini Cooper S (10-04-2014)
Old 10-04-2014, 04:58 PM   #5617
fatalelement

Drives: 2015 FR-S (Halo)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini Cooper S View Post
I got some bad news. No matter what the '15 FRS won't drift. They changed the suspension to a Tercel.
I have a '15. You can break traction for sure it just takes a concerted effort. But stock it's definitely not the easiest.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
fatalelement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 09:54 PM   #5618
Mr.Impreza
Mr.Fujitsubo

Drives: 2018 STI
Thanked 1,552 Times in 784 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Yep agree about the 15's being hard to break out.

However when the tires are cold it gives out easily and when its rainy it's also fun. I had some fun in the dry also, but yeah takes more effort.

Mr.Impreza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 11:43 AM   #5619
Nigelr32

Drives: '14 GT86 project, '13 GT86 DD
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Hi all,

I'm an old school car nutcase from the UK. I have recently bought a new Pearl White GT86 with red and black leather. I plan to modify the hell out of it.. and have already taken it to bits partially.

It really is a great car eh?? After sitting in the showroom car I was sold.. what a driving position!!!

Well, I have seen some of the stuff you guys get up to Stateside, so thought I best sign up. I'll post a blog if anyone is interested????

Regards

Nige
Nigelr32 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nigelr32 For This Useful Post:
Lonewolf (10-07-2014)
Old 10-06-2014, 05:15 PM   #5620
TnRen41

Drives: 14' Asphalt FR-S MT
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Hey guys long time lurker 1st time poster. I just got back from carmax and my 2014 asphalt Mt monogram frs is being shipped from cali to me here in nc. It's going to take abt a month but I'm super excited to be getting this car and joining the community here.
TnRen41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 11:35 AM   #5621
Blanch

Drives: FR S Ultramarine
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Thissen View Post
Welcome! Hope you enjoy the car as much as we do! Post pictures when you can.

Dan

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
Blanch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 09:42 PM   #5622
Lonewolf

Drives: Moped
Thanked 2,128 Times in 1,193 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnRen41 View Post
Hey guys long time lurker 1st time poster. I just got back from carmax and my 2014 asphalt Mt monogram frs is being shipped from cali to me here in nc. It's going to take abt a month but I'm super excited to be getting this car and joining the community here.
You know that we'll need pics, right?
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 11:32 PM   #5623
TnRen41

Drives: 14' Asphalt FR-S MT
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf View Post
You know that we'll need pics, right?
Yea lol I know it will probably be the 2nd thing I do after I get it home. Thanks for the reminder though

Failure is not an option.
TnRen41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 01:47 PM   #5624
Kraken

Drives: Scion FRS RS1.0 (999)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Getting my first FRS in a few weeks, never driven one and don't know what to expect. But I am excited nevertheless. It's going to be the release 1.0, I know guys here are not to favorable on it. Don't really care, it's my money LOL!
Kraken is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kraken For This Useful Post:
Lonewolf (10-08-2014), Tcoat (10-08-2014)
Old 10-08-2014, 01:54 PM   #5625
Tcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
Getting my first FRS in a few weeks, never driven one and don't know what to expect. But I am excited nevertheless. It's going to be the release 1.0, I know guys here are not to favorable on it. Don't really care, it's my money LOL!
Not ALL of us dislike it! Some just won't admit they do and some are armchair experts on how to run a giant auto company without actually any experience.
Will say quite the jump from not driving one to buying an RS.1 though. They are a blast to drive but if not familiar with RWD will take you some time to get used too.
Make sure you get a pic of the number plate enter it in the registry thread on here.
Old 10-08-2014, 02:17 PM   #5626
fatalelement

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Not ALL of us dislike it! Some just won't admit they do and some are armchair experts on how to run a giant auto company without actually any experience.
Will say quite the jump from not driving one to buying an RS.1 though. They are a blast to drive but if not familiar with RWD will take you some time to get used too.
Make sure you get a pic of the number plate enter it in the registry thread on here.
You just gotta have enough self-confidence to do whatever you want with your money man. People like to find things to care about. For example, I'm probably going to import this front bumper in the next few months, and I'm sure a good 50% of the people on here will cry. There's literally a thread someone posted calling it a "monstrosity". I think it looks awesome, so I'm going to buy it. Whatever.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalelement For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (10-08-2014)
Old 10-08-2014, 02:34 PM   #5627
Tcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatalelement View Post
You just gotta have enough self-confidence to do whatever you want with your money man. People like to find things to care about. For example, I'm probably going to import this front bumper in the next few months, and I'm sure a good 50% of the people on here will cry. There's literally a thread someone posted calling it a "monstrosity". I think it looks awesome, so I'm going to buy it. Whatever.
Just change your Scion badge (which I see is missing) to a Sith symbol and name the car Vader and you are good with that bumper! JOKE! Actually I like it (be better with a horn that plays the Imperial March though)
Yes I will joke around and sometimes get a bit over the top but totally defend what you do to your car is your business. But ... all you new folks be prepared for answers if you do something way out there (i.e. tribal graphics and 12 foot wings) and then ask for opinions BECAUSE YOU MAKE NOT LIKE WHAT YOU GET!
I took a lot of heat at first because my mods all consist of TRD components put on by the dealer before I bought the car. Was called lazy, uncreative, told parts were junk, had 500 statements of what is "better" and just over all put down because I didn't do it myself.
If somebody built the exact same car as the RS.1 from aftermarket parts in their laneway most of the critics from here would likely be praising it as a work of art!
Old 10-08-2014, 02:38 PM   #5628
fatalelement

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Just change your Scion badge (which I see is missing) to a Sith symbol and name the car Vader and you are good with that bumper! JOKE! Actually I like it (be better with a horn that plays the Imperial March though)
Yes I will joke around and sometimes get a bit over the top but totally defend what you do to your car is your business. But ... all you new folks be prepared for answers if you do something way out there (i.e. tribal graphics and 12 foot wings) and then ask for opinions BECAUSE YOU MAKE NOT LIKE WHAT YOU GET!
I took a lot of heat at first because my mods all consist of TRD components put on by the dealer before I bought the car. Was called lazy, uncreative, told parts were junk, had 500 statements of what is "better" and just over all put down because I didn't do it myself.
If somebody built the exact same car as the RS.1 from aftermarket parts in their laneway most of the critics from here would likely be praising it as a work of art!
I know the struggle... I have an AT. I can drive manual pretty well, and have in the past in way more serious cars than this, but the lockup clutch in these is pretty good and it's really not THAT different. I drive uphill (often 40% grade) in stop and go traffic sometimes in LA, and I really just didn't want an MT. I've had people in person lambast me for this. I know two ex-professional racecar drivers (one of whom has done F1 tests), and they both drive automatics daily. People need to chill.

But you're right, saying "hey guys what do you think" means you need to be ready for "I hate it, drive it off a bridge with you inside". If you like it, don't ask for opinions!
The Following User Says Thank You to fatalelement For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (10-08-2014)

Tags
6mt, bot. report?, frs, notreally, turbo