follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-16-2018, 10:04 PM   #29
Pouria
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Drives: Toyota 86
Location: Hell
Posts: 10
Thanks: 6
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
hey guys
thanks for your time and discuss and share the information with us
i still have that problem
no one knows how to disable that ? any? even with OFT or ECUTEK?
i'm gonna thinking about sell this and buy a new.like subaru BRZ..or Engine Swap
i hate toyota with that Tech.this is a sport car.why the car needs the SST ?????
Pouria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 11:24 PM   #30
churchx
Senior Member
 
churchx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Drives: 2014 GT86
Location: Latvia, Riga
Posts: 4,314
Thanks: 688
Thanked 2,066 Times in 1,421 Posts
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
This is cheap RWD coupe with good handling, it's NOT sport car. Many of twins might be used in motorsports due that, but that still is minority. 9/10 may never see the track.
While i also among those that enjoy trackdays, SST also never had limited me in any way. Heck, without this thread i wouldn't even now about it. Somehow fail to see what's a big fuss about, and how having or not that feature, and made easier or not very specific and uncommon type of abuse that rarely if at all would be used in actual sport use may kill car's value.
churchx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to churchx For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (01-23-2018)
Old 01-17-2018, 12:47 AM   #31
Tor
Senior Member
 
Tor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Drives: Toyota GT86
Location: Europe
Posts: 919
Thanks: 369
Thanked 551 Times in 301 Posts
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pouria View Post
hey guys
thanks for your time and discuss and share the information with us
i still have that problem
no one knows how to disable that ? any? even with OFT or ECUTEK?
i'm gonna thinking about sell this and buy a new.like subaru BRZ..or Engine Swap
i hate toyota with that Tech.this is a sport car.why the car needs the SST ?????
Before selling your GT86 and buying a BRZ, you might want to ask the Subaru dealer if you can try to do a couple of burnouts first to test it out first.

There is a great likelihood that if the GT86 has it, the BRZ will have it too .

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchx View Post
While i also among those that enjoy trackdays, SST also never had limited me in any way. Heck, without this thread i wouldn't even now about it.
Neither did I, one can learn a lot form these forums!
Tor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tor For This Useful Post:
Tokay444 (01-17-2018)
Old 01-17-2018, 03:13 AM   #32
Pouria
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Drives: Toyota 86
Location: Hell
Posts: 10
Thanks: 6
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by churchx View Post
This is cheap RWD coupe with good handling, it's NOT sport car. Many of twins might be used in motorsports due that, but that still is minority. 9/10 may never see the track.
While i also among those that enjoy trackdays, SST also never had limited me in any way. Heck, without this thread i wouldn't even now about it. Somehow fail to see what's a big fuss about, and how having or not that feature, and made easier or not very specific and uncommon type of abuse that rarely if at all would be used in actual sport use may kill car's value.
absolutely you're right.i agree with you
but because i love burning tires and smoke , i love this car,before i bought it, that was my wish to have it.
i like the handling and sound the engine and the Manual trans oh god,it is really good .. more
my friends have GT86 and BRZ
they havent that problem.i think i'm unlucky
Thank you so much guys
Pouria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 04:29 AM   #33
churchx
Senior Member
 
churchx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Drives: 2014 GT86
Location: Latvia, Riga
Posts: 4,314
Thanks: 688
Thanked 2,066 Times in 1,421 Posts
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Pouria: and in opposite there are things in MY2017 gt86 i'd gladly exchange mine for :P
Improved VSC, cheaper AC refills, strenghtened engine internals, improved & more comfortable stock suspension, improved intake airbox & exhaust headers, better stock tune, imho nicer ratio FD. That all to me sounds much better then SST, that impacts some very brief & very specific (ab)use, while those enhanced things one can enjoy all the other use/driving/owning time.
churchx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 05:22 AM   #34
Juzzotec
Member
 
Juzzotec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Drives: Toyota 86 GTS
Location: Sydney
Posts: 83
Thanks: 26
Thanked 53 Times in 31 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
This isn’t a burnout car, you should enjoy it for what it is... a cheap sports car.
Maybe the 86/BRZ isn’t for you, burnouts are pointless man and are only cool in a muscle car in my opinion. A 2ltr na burnout is kind of wack.
Juzzotec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 08:43 AM   #35
Tokay444
Anti stance.
 
Tokay444's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Drives: '17 White 860. RCE Tarmac 2. R-S4.
Location: Not Canada
Posts: 1,544
Thanks: 858
Thanked 892 Times in 512 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Copy address
Paste


2.33 is a burn out! No brakes used.
I'd call that a rolling burnout.

Can we fling poo at OP now? This has gone on for far too many pages already.
Tokay444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 07:33 PM   #36
Decep
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Drives: 2013 FR-S Series 10
Location: CA
Posts: 1,065
Thanks: 169
Thanked 492 Times in 323 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by churchx View Post
This is cheap RWD coupe with good handling, it's NOT sport car. Many of twins might be used in motorsports due that, but that still is minority. 9/10 may never see the track.
While i also among those that enjoy trackdays, SST also never had limited me in any way. Heck, without this thread i wouldn't even now about it. Somehow fail to see what's a big fuss about, and how having or not that feature, and made easier or not very specific and uncommon type of abuse that rarely if at all would be used in actual sport use may kill car's value.
it is definitely a sports car...never heard anyone besides you say that? light, rwd, light on creature comforts. not a convertible but thats ok in my book.
Decep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 08:21 PM   #37
churchx
Senior Member
 
churchx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Drives: 2014 GT86
Location: Latvia, Riga
Posts: 4,314
Thanks: 688
Thanked 2,066 Times in 1,421 Posts
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Decep: you know .. here i've seen used in motorsports, track & rally, cars that don't fit your description way more often, then ones that do.
Golfs, pumas, fiestas, audi-s, sierras, astras, civics, escorts, corollas, old russian lada-s, some bmw-s, imprezas, evos, volvos. Often 3/5rd of them FWD, RWD being usually <1/6th, rest AWD, most often being initially normal family compact or full size cars, ones that are dual-used, often with full stock standard comfort features.
In sport even east germany trabant can be used. That won't make it sport car as manufacturer intended designing it. I may accept that something like CS-R3 twin IS sport car, but not original twins that oversell those actually real sport cars by three orders larger numbers.
You can use one in motorsports, you can modify one in specialised sport car, it may do better then many others .. but by far it's NOT sportcar. Cheap RWD coupe with relatively good handling, as toyobaru designed it and as most are buying it. I'm not sure that even 1/10 had ever been taken to track. Most are just simply daily driven & used/chosen in role as i described.
churchx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 09:04 PM   #38
Summerwolf
Panda Trueno
 
Summerwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Drives: No twin now.
Location: North Indiana
Posts: 3,346
Thanks: 2,113
Thanked 2,407 Times in 1,332 Posts
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I truly think this is operator error in the end of things. To say doing a burnout in this car is "whack" is pretty idiotic. It's a rwd sporty car. Anything doing a burnout is decent!
Summerwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 08:17 AM   #39
Tokay444
Anti stance.
 
Tokay444's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Drives: '17 White 860. RCE Tarmac 2. R-S4.
Location: Not Canada
Posts: 1,544
Thanks: 858
Thanked 892 Times in 512 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by churchx View Post
Decep: you know .. here i've seen used in motorsports, track & rally, cars that don't fit your description way more often, then ones that do.
Golfs, pumas, fiestas, audi-s, sierras, astras, civics, escorts, corollas, old russian lada-s, some bmw-s, imprezas, evos, volvos. Often 3/5rd of them FWD, RWD being usually <1/6th, rest AWD, most often being initially normal family compact or full size cars, ones that are dual-used, often with full stock standard comfort features.
In sport even east germany trabant can be used. That won't make it sport car as manufacturer intended designing it. I may accept that something like CS-R3 twin IS sport car, but not original twins that oversell those actually real sport cars by three orders larger numbers.
You can use one in motorsports, you can modify one in specialised sport car, it may do better then many others .. but by far it's NOT sportcar. Cheap RWD coupe with relatively good handling, as toyobaru designed it and as most are buying it. I'm not sure that even 1/10 had ever been taken to track. Most are just simply daily driven & used/chosen in role as i described.
By the definition of sports car, it's a sports car.
Tokay444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 09:20 AM   #40
Tcoat
Senior Member
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 2020 Hakone
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 69,700
Thanks: 61,603
Thanked 107,932 Times in 46,341 Posts
Mentioned: 2472 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pouria View Post
hey guys
thanks for your time and discuss and share the information with us
i still have that problem
no one knows how to disable that ? any? even with OFT or ECUTEK?
i'm gonna thinking about sell this and buy a new.like subaru BRZ..or Engine Swap
i hate toyota with that Tech.this is a sport car.why the car needs the SST ?????
BRZ is the same bloody car with all the same equipment.
Even if you manage to bypass the SST you will still have to deal with the LSD trying to even out the traction unless you can manage to have both rear wheels spinning exactly the same speed.
Go buy a Mustang.
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tcoat For This Useful Post:
Summerwolf (01-23-2018)
Old 01-23-2018, 09:35 AM   #41
Tokay444
Anti stance.
 
Tokay444's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Drives: '17 White 860. RCE Tarmac 2. R-S4.
Location: Not Canada
Posts: 1,544
Thanks: 858
Thanked 892 Times in 512 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
BRZ is the same bloody car with all the same equipment.
Even if you manage to bypass the SST you will still have to deal with the LSD trying to even out the traction unless you can manage to have both rear wheels spinning exactly the same speed.
Go buy a Mustang.
When the diff locks, they'll be the same speed.
Tokay444 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tokay444 For This Useful Post:
Summerwolf (01-23-2018)
Old 01-23-2018, 09:53 AM   #42
Cole
Not a troll
 
Cole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Drives: FR-S
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,104
Thanks: 8,237
Thanked 5,398 Times in 2,694 Posts
Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokay444 View Post
By the definition of sports car, it's a sports car.
sports car
ˈsprts ˌkr/Submit
noun
a low-built car designed for performance at high speeds.

Try again.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
2017 86, smart stop technology, sst

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stop Tech Sport Kit akuhei Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing 26 07-10-2018 09:06 PM
Disable turn signal light when not blinking? Avo1789 Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) 19 10-09-2015 08:46 PM
Disable Turn Signal DRL? 636 Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) 10 09-14-2014 08:09 AM
used stop tech pads f/s Grip Ronin Brakes, Suspension, Chassis 3 04-01-2014 12:32 AM
Smart Stop Technology...how does it work HachiRokuBoy Engine, Exhaust, Transmission 6 06-23-2012 11:50 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2023 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.