follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > ASIA

User Tag List

Old 05-24-2013, 01:27 AM   #883
Alabang BRZ

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKDENG View Post
Nice, saw this as an announcement at CES. Don't think its available already though. Should be worth the wait. Hope they make BRZ/86 specific wiring harnesses. I don't like splicing through the wires. For now I'm more than happy with my non-android Kenwood DDX630WBT. Full plug and play. Exact fit. Sounds great even with the stock speakers.
I may wait until June for what Apple has to say. For all I know they may enter the ICE market.

My only hindrance for upgrading is M.I. and if they will still honor the warranty with a replacement stereo.
Alabang BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 02:00 AM   #884
NIKDENG

Drives: RED BRZ
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabang BRZ View Post
I may wait until June for what Apple has to say. For all I know they may enter the ICE market.

My only hindrance for upgrading is M.I. and if they will still honor the warranty with a replacement stereo.
That's why i got the Kenwood. It's true plug and play and made specifically for the 86/brz. Even the size is exact. Electrical warranty not affected because no splicing was done.
NIKDENG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 03:05 AM   #885
Malufit

Drives: TRD turbo gt86
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagame View Post
@Malufit: hehe maybe that was me nga that you saw. was there yesterday getting my horn replaced. mine's the red brz that's still stock, while @NIKDENG owns the red brz na nakamods na w/ mags, sti lip, etc.
Tnx guys

Hehe its nikdeng its a red brz with sti body kits on it dami na nakakabit eh driver nyo po ata may dala sir nikdeng nasa office pa daw po kyo ;p
Malufit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 03:09 AM   #886
NIKDENG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malufit View Post
Tnx guys

Hehe its nikdeng its a red brz with sti body kits on it dami na nakakabit eh driver nyo po ata sir nikdeng nasa office pa daw po kyo ;p
Yes, that was on Wednesday. You had your blue trd 86 installed for the rear fogs. Your car looks nice man.
Old 05-24-2013, 03:50 AM   #887
Alabang BRZ

Quote:
That's why i got the Kenwood. It's true plug and play and made specifically for the 86/brz. Even the size is exact. Electrical warranty not affected because no splicing was done.
I saw the video demo on youtube. Did you also add the rear camera? I am very interested in putting that in the car.

Is your Kenwood compatible with the latest iPhone & Android? Can you firmware upgrade your Kenwood?

Lastly where did you source your Kenwood and how much? I am hoping to get that Kenwood in HK sana.
Old 05-24-2013, 04:29 AM   #888
NIKDENG

Quote:
I saw the video demo on youtube. Did you also add the rear camera? I am very interested in putting that in the car.

Is your Kenwood compatible with the latest iPhone & Android? Can you firmware upgrade your Kenwood?

Lastly where did you source your Kenwood and how much? I am hoping to get that Kenwood in HK sana.
My unit works with my iPhone 4,5 and Galaxy SII. Haven't tried it with other phone units. Didn't get the rear camera as the car is not a hassle to park since its so small anyway. Got the gps module instead.

Very easy to firmware upgrade the unit. Just download the upgrade from the kenwood site into a usb, uncompress file in root directory, plug on unit usb connection, on menu setup->system information->update. Wait for a long time then done.

Have to check my receipts as to where and how much I got it. Will get back to you on this.

Another true plug and play OEM non android unit that won't void the warranty you may want to consider is the fly audio specifically for the 86/BRZ. Much cheaper than the Kenwood and gps module is already built in and not separate cost like the Kenwood. Also has backup camera. Got this for my XV from Autokozmetix.
Old 05-24-2013, 04:55 AM   #889
Alabang BRZ

I really wish MI/Toyota sold SUBARU BRZ RA Racing or the Toyota 86 86 Racing so you dont have a head unit or fancy wheels.

BTW I really like the Kenwood you have. Does the Kenwood use Google/Apple Maps/Waze? What does your GPS module do?

The reason why I want the rear camera is because the 4th gen Forester has one and it is such a convenience to do parallel parking. Parking in reverse I have no problems with but you always run the risk of running over seniors or small kids accidentally.

Not to mention in the US by 2014 it will be a requirement for new cars.
Old 05-24-2013, 05:21 AM   #890
NIKDENG

Quote:
I really wish MI/Toyota sold SUBARU BRZ RA Racing or the Toyota 86 86 Racing so you dont have a head unit or fancy wheels.

BTW I really like the Kenwood you have. Does the Kenwood use Google/Apple Maps/Waze? What does your GPS module do?

The reason why I want the rear camera is because the 4th gen Forester has one and it is such a convenience to do parallel parking. Parking in reverse I have no problems with but you always run the risk of running over seniors or small kids accidentally.

Not to mention in the US by 2014 it will be a requirement for new cars.
The GPS Module is the separate Satellite Navigation Module which you plug into the headunit. Maps pretty much look and works like the Garmin GPS but much faster. Don't know if you can load google maps to it. Looking back, it was too expensive though. I remember it cost as much as the head unit itself that's why the flyaudio is a much better proposition.
Old 05-24-2013, 06:25 AM   #891
Alabang BRZ

Quote:
The GPS Module is the separate Satellite Navigation Module which you plug into the headunit. Maps pretty much look and works like the Garmin GPS but much faster. Don't know if you can load google maps to it. Looking back, it was too expensive though. I remember it cost as much as the head unit itself that's why the flyaudio is a much better proposition.
Does it have maps of the Philippines? I know it's far fetched but...
Old 05-24-2013, 06:42 AM   #892
NIKDENG

Quote:
Does it have maps of the Philippines? I know it's far fetched but...
Its loaded with the latest Philippines maps.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:03 AM   #893
danscar

Drives: Jeepney
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Hi guys. I have some items for 86/BRZ.

Genuine Rays TE37 TTA Progressive Model
18x9 5x100 +45
Brand new available.
0917-5080642
Tires also available.

TRD parts also available.
danscar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to danscar For This Useful Post:
NIKDENG (05-24-2013)
Old 05-24-2013, 07:40 AM   #894
zbt
ハチロク

Drives: Raven FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by danscar View Post
Hi guys. I have some items for 86/BRZ.

Genuine Rays TE37 TTA Progressive Model
18x9 5x100 +45
Brand new available.
0917-5080642
Tires also available.

TRD parts also available.
Beautiful rims
Old 05-24-2013, 07:46 AM   #895
pauland

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Brothers, para sa mga nagpalit na ng horns, is there a way to install an aftermarket horn without dismantling the front bumper? I was in a shop recently and they told me they can install the horn without pulling out the bumper. I'm a bit apprehensive lang for both methods. Kapag kalas bumper, this should be done by a very reputable shop. If hindi aalisin, it will be harder to properly install the horns. How did you install yours?
pauland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:55 AM   #896
Alabang BRZ

pauland

perhaps the service manual of the BRZ/86 that was posted on this forum may be of help.
The Following User Says Thank You to Alabang BRZ For This Useful Post:
pauland (05-24-2013)