follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 07-06-2015, 12:49 PM   #2339
blackfireball5

Drives: Scion FRS Firestorm
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mashal View Post
Got any pictures of how you did the seal?
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Tut View Post
Interesting. I still don't see how that much water would get past a properly oiled K&N filter unless the filter was sitting in the water. Pics would be great.
I'll get some pics soon and post them.

Maybe my oil filter needs re-oiled as well. I bet that would help.

Use code TWW-BOO5TED when shopping at Wheelwell to receive 10% off your order.
blackfireball5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 01:15 AM   #2340
BRZtoni
Turbo E85

Drives: 13 wrb brz
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Im so puzzles right now. Anyone with the base kit.for BRZ how did u connect your intercooler piping? Im having the hardest time

Also having issue with the coolant lines.and.vacuum lines

Pictures will be helpful
Old 07-08-2015, 10:00 AM   #2341
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer

Drives: 2006 Honda S2000
Thanked 5,759 Times in 3,055 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
Tagged: 10 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to King Tut
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZtoni View Post
Im so puzzles right now. Anyone with the base kit.for BRZ how did u connect your intercooler piping? Im having the hardest time

Also having issue with the coolant lines.and.vacuum lines

Pictures will be helpful
Have you looked at my thread:

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29761

I have some pictures. Do you have the install manual from Full Blown? I need more details before I can help you anymore than that. Tell us exactly what you are struggling with. Feel free to PM me and remember you can always call LJ @FullBlown or e-mail him in the off hours.
Old 07-08-2015, 11:05 AM   #2342
BRZtoni
Turbo E85

Quote:

I have some pictures. Do you have the install manual from Full Blown? I need more details before I can help you anymore than that. Tell us exactly what you are struggling with. Feel free to PM me and remember you can always call LJ @FullBlown or e-mail him in the off hours.

I have the instruction manual but its not so descriptive with the hoses.
. im practically 90% done with the turbo build. fuel system all completed
turbo and manifold completed. im waiting for a new brass fitting for the oil
feed line so I can connect it.

FB just helped me with the intercooler pipes so Im good with that.

My last problem that is slowing me down is connecting
the lines for the WG/BOV and EBCS / Boost Gauge ( AEM FAIL SAFE + wideband already connected )

IM using the standard WG/BOV provided by FB
GrimmSpeed EBCS ( I already connected the solenoid - just don't know where to connect the vacuum lines)

anyone has a better description of where to cut the coolant lines and using the 3/2 barb fitting provided by FB? to connect to the turbo.
Old 07-08-2015, 11:14 AM   #2343
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer

Quote:
My last problem that is slowing me down is connecting
the lines for the WG/BOV and EBCS / Boost Gauge ( AEM FAIL SAFE + wideband already connected )

IM using the standard WG/BOV provided by FB
GrimmSpeed EBCS ( I already connected the solenoid - just don't know where to connect the vacuum lines)

anyone has a better description of where to cut the coolant lines and using the 3/2 barb fitting provided by FB? to connect to the turbo.
Normally the kit comes with a T for the brake booster line coming off the back of the intake manifold and then you run a vacuum line over near the BOV and then run another T there with a hose going to the BOV and another hose going to the wastegate. With the EBCS you will need to modify that routing. I am not familiar with the GrimmSpeed specific setup, but I would connect up the vacuum lines the way they recommend or the way your tuner recommends. For best response you really need to pull vacuum/boost from the compressor housing or as close to the housing as possible versus from the intake manifold or a vacuum manifold (although that is how I did it).

I seem to recall the instructions doing a pretty good job of describing where the coolant barb fittings go, but it is very difficult to get them installed as it is a tight area. Having the intercooler pipe and throttle body off will help. If you really want to do it right, you can eliminate the throttle body cooling and instead use the nipple in the coolant jacket for one turbo coolant hose and another nipple on the back of the driver side of the motor for the other coolant line.
Old 07-08-2015, 01:27 PM   #2344
BRZtoni
Turbo E85

Quote:
Normally the kit comes with a T for the brake booster line coming off the back of the intake manifold and then you run a vacuum line over near the BOV and then run another T there with a hose going to the BOV and another hose going to the wastegate. With the EBCS you will need to modify that routing. I am not familiar with the GrimmSpeed specific setup, but I would connect up the vacuum lines the way they recommend or the way your tuner recommends. For best response you really need to pull vacuum/boost from the compressor housing or as close to the housing as possible versus from the intake manifold or a vacuum manifold (although that is how I did it).

I seem to recall the instructions doing a pretty good job of describing where the coolant barb fittings go, but it is very difficult to get them installed as it is a tight area. Having the intercooler pipe and throttle body off will help. If you really want to do it right, you can eliminate the throttle body cooling and instead use the nipple in the coolant jacket for one turbo coolant hose and another nipple on the back of the driver side of the motor for the other coolant line.
i gotta check that out. what Tees do you recommend for me buy? since it looks like ill be using quite a bit
i see on amazon that have bundle tees. would that suffice?
Old 07-08-2015, 03:12 PM   #2345
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer

Quote:
i gotta check that out. what Tees do you recommend for me buy? since it looks like ill be using quite a bit
i see on amazon that have bundle tees. would that suffice?
I would never recommend tees. I would recommend a vacuum manifold instead. You feed the manifold with the large hose off the back of the intake manifold and then you run lines to your BOV, wastegate, boost gauge, and EBCS as required. Here you can see my manifold and boost solenoid:

Old 07-08-2015, 03:53 PM   #2346
BRZtoni
Turbo E85

Quote:
I would never recommend tees. I would recommend a vacuum manifold instead. You feed the manifold with the large hose off the back of the intake manifold and then you run lines to your BOV, wastegate, boost gauge, and EBCS as required. Here you can see my manifold and boost solenoid:

so pretty much your set up connectors the the vacuum to once source and the rest connects to the BOV/WG/Boost controller and gauge?
Old 07-08-2015, 03:56 PM   #2347
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer

Quote:
so pretty much your set up connectors the the vacuum to once source and the rest connects to the BOV/WG/Boost controller and gauge?
Yeah that bigger hose off the back of the manifold goes to the back of the intake manifold. Then the smaller hoses off the side go to everything else.
Old 07-08-2015, 03:59 PM   #2348
BRZtoni
Turbo E85

Quote:

Quote:
Yeah that bigger hose off the back of the manifold goes to the back of the intake manifold. Then the smaller hoses off the side go to everything else.

holy crap that's genius, im buying it right now. LOL recommend any sites that can send me one in 2 days? lol
Old 07-08-2015, 04:03 PM   #2349
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer

Quote:
holy crap that's genius, im buying it right now. LOL recommend any sites that can send me one in 2 days? lol
If you are crafty you can make one yourself at www.mcmastercarr.com if you know all the fitting sizes you need. Otherwise I got this one, and used their vacuum hose as well:

http://www.fast-turbo.com/vacuum-man...uum-hose-kits/

You can get really crazy with your vacuum line setup and use the cool push lock and plastic tubing on their site or go with AN fittings and stainless steel hose as well. It is all up to you and how cool you want it and how much you want to spend. I actually made my own vacuum manifold for my S2000 from McMaster-Carr.
Old 07-08-2015, 04:13 PM   #2350
BRZtoni
Turbo E85

just ordered thanks man I will ask for your help to hook up the hoses if im having trouble. what size hoses do you recommend?
Old 07-08-2015, 04:16 PM   #2351
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer

Quote:
just ordered thanks man I will ask for your help to hook up the hoses if im having trouble. what size hoses do you recommend?
You need to use whatever size hoses fit the fittings you are hooking up to. Most are going to be the same size, but if you look at my photo, you can see that the AEM Failsafe actually runs a really weird smaller size hose, so I got a fitting to match that.
Old 07-08-2015, 05:37 PM   #2352
BRZtoni
Turbo E85

Quote:

Quote:
You need to use whatever size hoses fit the fittings you are hooking up to. Most are going to be the same size, but if you look at my photo, you can see that the AEM Failsafe actually runs a really weird smaller size hose, so I got a fitting to match that.

yeah I noticed that as well its super super tiny... @King Tut
your truly helpful and I will definetly contact you when I need help hooking up the vacuum lines hopefully I wont be a big headache. LOL

Tags
best company ever, big fuck off turbo, blown, bow chicka wow wow, fbm, full, owners, powaaaaaa!, thread, will work for turbo