follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 09-07-2021, 03:27 PM   #1
Futaba

Drives: GT86
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Headlight washer electronics

Does anyone happen to have a UK/Euro/etc electrical wiring manual for a GT86 that has headlight washers?

I'm attempting to install an OEM headlight washer system but from what I could see the vehicle is missing the connector for the harness for the second, 30A pump.

Also does anyone know the model/code for a connector that would fit this? (OEM 30A headlight washer pump)

As I understand it, the vehicle should provide power to H-LP fuse in the fusebox when headlights are on and windshield washer is in use, if that's the case, if the vehicle is indeed missing this connector on the loom I should be able to restore it by adding the connector and cable to the fusebox.

The UK spec washer bottle has a relay marked "Relay Cleaner Cont." bolted to it which I'm going to guess is a timer relay that activates the secondary pump after a set time.

Again, the JDM loom doesn't seem to have a connector for this relay.

Anyone else done this?
It's it even worth patching in? I mean I could just run a wire from H-LP Washer 30A in fusebox via a dashboard switch to the pump, but I was hoping for a more OEM approach.. I guess I could swap the entire loom for a UK spec one but that feels excessive!

Last edited by Futaba; 09-07-2021 at 06:22 PM.
Futaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 07:56 AM   #2
Futaba

Garage

So digging around I managed to find a wiring diagram for BRZ that includes the headlight washer system, as above it seems the koito relay that's bolted to the washer bottle needs feeding lines from IG1, Washer, HRLY, BR-W from wiper switch, and ground, then the remaining pin goes to the secondary pump, the other side of which connects to the 30A H-LP Washer in fusebox.

I would assume since the relay just expects to see various power inputs from headlight, washer and ignition that the timer part of the relay will operate the secondary motor based on headlights being on and windscreen washer switch being operated, all independently of the ECU.

Ordered a bunch of parts, will document the process of adding headlight washers to a non-hl-washer vehicle once they arrive.
The Following User Says Thank You to Futaba For This Useful Post:
LimitedSlip (09-08-2021)
Old 09-08-2021, 04:50 PM   #3
Futaba

Garage

The model number for the BRZ relay is 88018SC010, but the only pinout I can find for these Koito relays is for a Subaru 88018FE010, the pinout of which is what I included in the above image.

88018FE010 PCB markings:
3 : HL
2 : MOTOR
1 : IG
6 : WASHER
5 : GND
4 : ACC

But the BRZ wiring diagram seems to show the pins for the relay as being :
3 : HRLY
2 : HL Washer Pump Negative
1 : IG
6 : Wiper switch control
5 : GND
4 : WASHER (WS Washer Pump Positive)

Looking around, I saw the following stated for a 88018FE010 for a Subaru Forester:

HL : Headlight negative
Motor : Negative of HL Washer pump
IG : Ignition (+12V power)
Washer : Windscreen washer pump negative
GND : Chassis ground
ACC : Windscreen washer pump positive

Getting mixed messages with the wiring diagram versus the PCB markings for the 88018FE010, but can't find pinout or pcb image for a 88018SC010
Any ideas folks?

Last edited by Futaba; 09-08-2021 at 05:27 PM.