follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 02-19-2015, 03:57 PM   #85
ur24

Drives: Toyota AE
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Dude good thing you drive Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demandred7 View Post
Well, I thought it would never happen to me (I refuse to call it the curse), but, I had an accident. Spun and hit a guardrail. No other vehicles involved and paid for most of the repairs (front bumper has a crack and a chunk out of it that I won't be replacing). Had to replace the rear bumper and bend some the rear back in place. The good news was that the body shop didn't need to work the rear qtr panel and there doesn't seem to be anything mechanical or suspension related damaged. I need to get her buffed in several places due to the town equipment scuffs, I have to troubleshoot why my fogs aren't working and I have to replace one of my exhaust tips.

I didn't know how much I would miss my car until I didn't have her for the better part of two weeks. Honestly, I was borderline depressed for the first week. Thankfully no one else was in the car with me and I wasn't hurt other than my ego (although if I hit my head, I don't remember it). At this point I'm working on getting my confidence back - the day I got her back, I left all of the nannies on. I don't think that will last, but, I'm working my way back - I'll maybe start with VSC Sport again and go from there. So happy to have her back.
ur24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 04:36 PM   #86
Demandred7

Drives: 2018 Camry XSE V6
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ur24 View Post
Dude good thing you drive Auto
Maybe I'm missing something, but, I'm not sure how this makes things better. Different maybe.
Demandred7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 05:02 PM   #87
ur24

Drives: Toyota AE
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demandred7 View Post
Maybe I'm missing something, but, I'm not sure how this makes things better. Different maybe.

If you struggle with Auto and no "Nannies" on then you might of had even more issue with 6spd
ur24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 06:51 PM   #88
Demandred7

Drives: 2018 Camry XSE V6
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ur24 View Post
If you struggle with Auto and no "Nannies" on then you might of had even more issue with 6spd
Thank you, but, I am not incompetent. Pure and simple, I dumped too much throttle and must have had snow on one or more tires or hit a patch of black ice. Cause and effect - nothing to do with transmission. Before that I felt confident that I could handle anything that was thrown at me. Obviously, I was wrong. I often wondered how people could have that happen until I was put in that situation and now I am paying dearly for it. Thank you for adding insult to injury (figuratively of course (thankfully I wasn't hurt)). Sorry, but, obviously the experience is still a little too fresh for me.

Last edited by Demandred7; 02-20-2015 at 07:10 PM.
Demandred7 is offline   Reply With Quote