follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 05-13-2021, 12:07 PM   #15
CrowsFeast

Drives: 2013 BRZ Sport-Tech
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I boycott UPS. Here's why: Canadians for When a Seller Screws You by Shipping UPS Again

Fedex is ok, but lately they've started sending invoices for duty after you've received your package, and it seems higher than they used to charge.

USPS has actually been the most reliable and cheapest for shipping to Canada for a long time (transfers to Canada Post at the border, and can even follow the same tracking number on canada post after it crosses the border).

I've only had maybe 2 deliveries from DHL in my life. One was a couple of vinyl records from Germany. No issues.
CrowsFeast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CrowsFeast For This Useful Post:
BrahmaBull1990 (05-13-2021)
Old 05-13-2021, 12:24 PM   #16
KMA KiCKz
Certified Wumbologist

Drives: 2015 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tbh I had better experience with DHL than FedEx.

My worst experience was that one of my car parts got delivered to the wrong address. It required signature verification but I guess they don't fully verify if the receiver is correct.

Long story short, spent 2 months of back-and-forth with customer service "trying" to locate my package. The people who took my package kept it for a while. Then they tried returning back to sender. With much frustration and multiple calls later, I was able to have customer service intercept the package mid return and have it held at a store location. When I went to pick it up, they said my address didn't match the one that it was delivered to. I showed them the shipping confirmation email of my address and the order receipt that also has my address but the delivery person verified the address with the incorrect one.

In the end, I got my package and inspected it thoroughly to make sure nothing was missing or tampered with. FedEx was clearly at fault for such a terrible experience. Heck, even the shop(shoutout to FTSpeed) I ordered from wanted to compensate me for my "troubles" but I reassured them it wasn't their fault.

TL;DR: Don't ship FedEx, ugh.

TRD | Brembo | RAYS
KMA KiCKz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KMA KiCKz For This Useful Post:
BrahmaBull1990 (05-13-2021), why? (05-14-2021)
Old 05-13-2021, 10:21 PM   #17
BrahmaBull1990
Howdy

Drives: 2020 BRZ PP
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Well it was suppose to be delivered today. So unless it can teleport to WA from MD by tomorrow, I will be getting it Monday (6 days late). I’m glad I intentionally made my shop appointment a week later than the estimated delivery date:

There's a point at 7,000 RPM... where everything fades. The machine becomes weightless. Just disappears. And all that's left is a body moving through space and time. 7,000 RPM. That's where you meet it. You feel it coming. It creeps up on you, close in your ear. Asks you a question. The only question that matters. Who are you?
BrahmaBull1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 10:55 PM   #18
NoHaveMSG

Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,323 Times in 7,381 Posts
Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Garage
FedEx’s tracking is horrible about updating. It could be on the west coast already. What’s funny is if you call they can look it up and see scans that don’t show up when you use tracking online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
why? (05-14-2021)
Old 05-13-2021, 11:17 PM   #19
BrahmaBull1990
Howdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG View Post
FedEx’s tracking is horrible about updating. It could be on the west coast already. What’s funny is if you call they can look it up and see scans that don’t show up when you use tracking online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last time I tried calling it was just automated menus that refused to send me to a human haha they actually yell at you and say “the representatives do not have any additional information,” over and over, then hangs up on you.

This was about 2 months ago.
There's a point at 7,000 RPM... where everything fades. The machine becomes weightless. Just disappears. And all that's left is a body moving through space and time. 7,000 RPM. That's where you meet it. You feel it coming. It creeps up on you, close in your ear. Asks you a question. The only question that matters. Who are you?
Old 05-14-2021, 08:40 AM   #20
why?
Only happy when it rains.

Drives: series.blue
Thanked 1,263 Times in 749 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
a huge chunk of shipping is completely automated. Everyone has these gigantic machines that sort packages automatically and in many cases the only time an actual human sees it is in the facility as they sort it for the delivery driver.

I've had customers get lucky and have packages hit the airport just right and go from Charlotte to delivered in California in 1 day. But if a package gets lost in the machines, which can happen, they can sit for a few days or more. Hell the post office finds a letter from decades ago still every so often. All it takes is a smudge in the wrong place on a bar code for a machine to send a package somewhere it is not supposed to be.
why? is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to why? For This Useful Post:
BrahmaBull1990 (05-14-2021), NoHaveMSG (05-14-2021)
Old 05-14-2021, 11:30 AM   #21
NoHaveMSG

Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,323 Times in 7,381 Posts
Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by why? View Post
a huge chunk of shipping is completely automated. Everyone has these gigantic machines that sort packages automatically and in many cases the only time an actual human sees it is in the facility as they sort it for the delivery driver.

I've had customers get lucky and have packages hit the airport just right and go from Charlotte to delivered in California in 1 day. But if a package gets lost in the machines, which can happen, they can sit for a few days or more. Hell the post office finds a letter from decades ago still every so often. All it takes is a smudge in the wrong place on a bar code for a machine to send a package somewhere it is not supposed to be.
It is a pretty impressive operation. Though with UPS if one dimension is larger then 48" it can't run through the system and they pull it off and manually handle it. They are also weird about crated packages going expedited. I have one vender that sends me our heating elements in wood crates, every time we order them next day air it takes 4 days
soundman98 (05-14-2021)
Old 05-16-2021, 12:00 AM   #22
scion fr-s

Drives: 2017 PP BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrahmaBull1990 View Post
Currently 3/3 on delayed packages via FedEx. This ranges from 4-7 days late and led to rescheduling two shop appointments (bookings are two weeks out).

I fully understand the utter demolishment of supply chains under COVID and the crazy demand on logistics, but how come UPS has been spot on and USPS has even been EARLY multiple times (thought they were bankrupt)?

Not sure if it is just my location in the PNW and packages seem to always come from PA.

Anyone else have experiences? Can I request vendors use alternative couriers?

Okay, done bittching.
I am in the same boat. FedEx is delaying my package too. Never been a fan of FedEx.
scion fr-s is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to scion fr-s For This Useful Post:
BrahmaBull1990 (05-16-2021)
Old 05-16-2021, 12:17 AM   #23
BrahmaBull1990
Howdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by scion fr-s View Post
I am in the same boat. FedEx is delaying my package too. Never been a fan of FedEx.
Package came today - finally!
The Following User Says Thank You to BrahmaBull1990 For This Useful Post:
scion fr-s (05-16-2021)
Old 05-16-2021, 10:45 AM   #24
thomasmryan

Drives: hyper blue
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
My UPS driver will put things inside the garage which is nice. USPS is quite inefficient with their scanning/software but the delivery peeps go out of their way to keep things dry.

Not a fan of FedEx because i am never home and they leave call notices on the door i don't use. Plus, me and barney fife got into it at the distribution center in knoxville so i avoid them. He stated that the facility was more secure than Fort Knox and my 'obviously not' reply kinda pissed him off. I had followed a truck in, parked and walked right in with my call tickets.

the same as the cable company, if you call the Spanish customer phone number, someone answers and is helpful in tracking your stuff.
thomasmryan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thomasmryan For This Useful Post:
BrahmaBull1990 (05-16-2021), scion fr-s (05-18-2021), soundman98 (05-16-2021)
Old 05-18-2021, 12:35 AM   #25
scion fr-s

Drives: 2017 PP BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrahmaBull1990 View Post
Package came today - finally!
Got mine finally.
scion fr-s is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to scion fr-s For This Useful Post:
BrahmaBull1990 (05-18-2021)
Old 05-18-2021, 02:17 AM   #26
2020BRZtS

Drives: '20 BRZ tS (15/300) / '09 Scion tC
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
I actually have pretty good luck with every service except Amazon. The driver frequently delays delivering packages saying the door is inaccessible. I finally figured out he is afraid of the 175 lb. newfie. I called Amazon and requested a permanent NO IN-HOUSE COURIER note on my account and I have never had a problem since. For the others... I always make sure I learn their names and treat them well around the holidays. A little courtesy goes a long way towards getting packages that don't look like they have been delivered by Jim Carrey.
2020BRZtS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 2020BRZtS For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2021, 01:13 PM   #27
BrahmaBull1990
Howdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020BRZtS View Post
I actually have pretty good luck with every service except Amazon. The driver frequently delays delivering packages saying the door is inaccessible. I finally figured out he is afraid of the 175 lb. newfie. I called Amazon and requested a permanent NO IN-HOUSE COURIER note on my account and I have never had a problem since. For the others... I always make sure I learn their names and treat them well around the holidays. A little courtesy goes a long way towards getting packages that don't look like they have been delivered by Jim Carrey.
The Following User Says Thank You to BrahmaBull1990 For This Useful Post:
KMA KiCKz (05-18-2021)
Old 05-18-2021, 02:29 PM   #28
Jordanwolf
Rice King

Drives: '19 FWD master race CTR
Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,203 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Garage
Had no problems with my recent pokemoncentre FedEx order.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jordanwolf For This Useful Post: