follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 09-29-2015, 05:28 PM   #85
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGM33 View Post
FWIW, I had this problem a few times but found that it NEVER happens if I only use Manual mode. It only happens if I've been in Auto and then switch to Manual. So I use either one or the other when I'm driving and don't switch back and forth and have no issues.

Yup I described that earlier, it only occurs when your driving along in auto mode for a while then decide to go to manual mode it will randomly occur, if I start the car and go straight to manual mode it doesn't appear and works beautifully hopefully the TSB fixes the TCM logic and gets rid of the issue
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 11:20 PM   #86
drewbot
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Drives: '13 Whiteout FR-S A/T
Thanked 1,452 Times in 752 Posts
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Time for @Cole to get a reflash

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
drewbot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to drewbot For This Useful Post:
Cole (09-30-2015)
Old 09-30-2015, 07:46 AM   #87
Cole
Not a troll

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 5,399 Times in 2,694 Posts
Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewbot View Post

Dat reflash doe.

I'll get it done with my dealership oil change on Thursday or Friday
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 11:55 AM   #88
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
Dat reflash doe.

I'll get it done with my dealership oil change on Thursday or Friday
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGM33 View Post
FWIW, I had this problem a few times but found that it NEVER happens if I only use Manual mode. It only happens if I've been in Auto and then switch to Manual. So I use either one or the other when I'm driving and don't switch back and forth and have no issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by casemanase View Post
I think I have a way to reproduce it. I always noticed that it showed up when I was in manual, switched to Drive for whatever reason - cruising on the highway with heavy traffic, etc. - and then when going back to manual, rev matching stops working and all of my shifts are jerky, more from 1-2 and progressively better, almost unnoticable 5-6.

I found that if I drive about 2 miles, change back to drive, WOT and let automatic do 3-4 shifts, when I go back to manual it starts doing it. I am not switching to manual right away, usually doing 20-40, then once I let go of the throttle and it is realtively stable, I switch back to manual mode.

I just left the dealer for my 12,000 tuneup and had him make notes that this had been happening. I don't want to suffer from transmission issues because the ECU or whatever is managing rev matching, is forcing my car to beat on the tranny. This first showed up at 300 miles with no spirited driving, and I don't believe I had even broken 2500 RPMs at that point.

I'll be taking this back if I can get some dry days around here to test it a little more - it always happens when the dealer is closed...
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewbot View Post

I have attached the TSB document for you guys to print out and give to a tech
Attached Images
File Type: pdf S-SB-0021-15.pdf (303.7 KB, 215 views)
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
The Following User Says Thank You to FRSBRZGT86FAN For This Useful Post:
Cole (09-30-2015)
Old 10-01-2015, 12:30 AM   #89
redmoon

Drives: 2015 LR Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anybody knows if there is a similar TSB for us BRZ guys or do you think that we can bring the Scion TSB to a Subaru dealership and able to get the TCM reflashed? I hope we're not shit out of luck. Thanks!
redmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 03:14 AM   #90
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmoon View Post
Anybody knows if there is a similar TSB for us BRZ guys or do you think that we can bring the Scion TSB to a Subaru dealership and able to get the TCM reflashed? I hope we're not shit out of luck. Thanks!
We don't really even know if it'll fix the shifting issue yet it's just a hunch, however you should get a tsb soon, I can't access the subaru equivalent of techstream
Old 10-04-2015, 12:55 PM   #91
Cole
Not a troll

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 5,399 Times in 2,694 Posts
Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRSBRZGT86FAN View Post
I have attached the TSB document for you guys to print out and give to a tech
Thanks for the attachment. Took it in with me to get it done with my oil change on Friday.

Apparently it's a US only TSB, so the dealership refused to do it. Guess I'll have to patiently wait.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 08:51 PM   #92
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Created this thread to gauge the issue here guys:
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96615
Old 12-04-2015, 01:11 AM   #93
casemanase

Drives: '15 CWP BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TCM,huh? I haven't noticed a hunting idle, but I did have my dealership in Florida report it to Subaru (I made sure it was on my warranty maintenance notes anyway). I'll recreate it again this weekend (It does take about half an hour of driving it seems). I can slam it in and out of manual and auto for the first 10 -15 minutes without the issue.
casemanase is offline   Reply With Quote