follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 06-23-2021, 09:58 PM   #1
Teppka

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
My experience with Receseng so far

Have ordered a shift know for automation transmission of my BRZ from Receseng. It's an international shipping, Item was shipped but according to USPS tracking package clearly ended up in another country. Contacted Receseng help and acc to them this may happen and I may need to wait for 90! days as items may get lost and then found and then rerouted or whatever. 90 days for a $230 knob. I asked them to post another one as this one clearly delivered to wrong country or they shipped it to wrong address but was refused and informed that they may only ship another item or issue refund only after 90 days. Even buying form Aliexpress $5 items with free no tracking shipping have max delivery time of 60 days after which you get a refund if item is not delivered. I understood Receseng invest alot in design and that's why I paid that much, but I can't really understand why they didn't agree to post another item as this one is obviously delivered to the wrong address. At the end of the day it's a chunk of metal, not gold.

Is there any international customers who had similar issues with Receseng?
Teppka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 06:54 AM   #2
StraightOuttaCanadaEh
Wes

Drives: Artisan Spirits '17 86
Thanked 1,674 Times in 994 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Can happen to anyone. It's not a chunk of metal, it represents labour and investment by a small company, not a shitty conglomerate like aliexpress. If they send you another one, they lose money. Just wait man, it'll come. One time I posted a package to Austria and it was sent to Australia by Canada Post instead. Wasn't my fault, I wrote the right address, so maybe the same thing happened here. Anyway the buyer got it after all and had a good sense of humour about it. Shit happens once in a while, just be patient. I just waited 8 months for a bumper and a wing, good things are worth waiting for.
Tcoat (06-24-2021)
Old 06-24-2021, 07:08 AM   #3
Teppka

As I mentioned I recognize the effort they put into it to design the thing, which is why I paid what I paid. But raw production costs difference between making one or two should be close to the cost of chunk of metal they use to produce it. I didn't ask them for refund but send another one with another delivery option also offering to pay the shipping difference. I wouldn't choose shipping method I did should I know delivery may take upto 90 days. For me it's not worth waiting even two months for what I paid for it.

And Aliexpress sends nothing, it's only platform for etrade like eBay, all sellers are private businesses, many smaller than Raceseng and selling with definitely much smaller, miniscule profit margins.
Old 06-24-2021, 08:05 AM   #4
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Sounds like it is more of a shipping company error than a supplier one. Wait it out and be glad that they will reship after 90 days instead of just saying once it left there dock it is your problem. It is not the company's fault that you have to wait so why should they pay out twice?
Old 06-24-2021, 08:16 AM   #5
Teppka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Sounds like it is more of a shipping company error than a supplier one. Wait it out and be glad that they will reship after 90 days instead of just saying once it left there dock it is your problem. It is not the company's fault that you have to wait so why should they pay out twice?
I don't know how things are in your part of the world but where I live it's sellers responsibility to deliver the ordered item. I'm not saying it's Raceseng fault that item went to the wrong country, I'm just saying I'm not happy with way they are handling it. Even though I didn't see shipping label and don't know if address was filled correctly I believe it's a screw up of USPS. And yeah, I have nothing else to do but wait and hope item is delivered.

That being said, don't tell me what I should be glad about. According to your logic, any seller can charge your credit card, send you some tracking number with item delivered nowhere and call it a day saying it's not their responsibility to deliver your order. It may be OK for you but I call it fraud.
Old 06-24-2021, 08:28 AM   #6
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppka View Post
I don't know how things are in your part of the world but where I live it's sellers responsibility to deliver the ordered item. I'm not saying it's Raceseng fault that item went to the wrong country, I'm just saying I'm not happy with way they are handling it. Even though I didn't see shipping label and don't know if address was filled correctly I believe it's a screw up of USPS. And yeah, I have nothing else to do but wait and hope item is delivered.

That being said, don't tell me what I should be glad about. According to your logic, any seller can charge your credit card, send you some tracking number with item delivered nowhere and call it a day saying it's not their responsibility to deliver your order. It may be OK for you but I call it fraud.
No I said to wait the 90 days as per their policy. It is not an unreasonable thing for them to do. They would soon be out of business if they reshipped every single thing that took a little longer to arrive than the customer wants. They haven't told you they are not doing anything just simply that there is a period to wait.
Old 06-24-2021, 08:34 AM   #7
Teppka

It's not the case that I'm not happy with transit time. I can wait as long as item is enrout. The problem is USPS tracking says item passed through Thailand customs, the country which is in another part of the world. And when the item is transiting through country it never passes through customs, it passes through customs only in country of destination. And once it passed through customs it can not get out of the country again by it's own. And there are no more updates of tracking for a week already. This information is evident for me that item is delivered to the wrong country for whatever reason. I was surprised that it wasn't evident for Receseng as they offered me to wait for 90 days just in case. No parcel in the world takes that long to be delivered.
Old 06-24-2021, 08:47 AM   #8
StraightOuttaCanadaEh
Wes

My package, the one that went to Australia, wasn't even tracked and they found it and re-sent it to the right address. Postal services have connections in different countries and they help each other out I think. When I get packages from overseas, they sometimes go through multiple countries. I ordered one from UAE that went to Italy, USA, and then Canada. It was scanned at each of the destinations. Granted, that was Fedex but still, maybe that's what's going on here.
Old 06-24-2021, 08:55 AM   #9
Teppka

What you say makes sence. I order about 6-10 items per months using Amazon, mainly from US and German stores. Recently ordered an item from Amazon US but seller was Japanese and shipped it from Japan. Actually it's discounted Sciborg chip for automatic doors lock and unlock on my BRZ

Though I've never seen a package which went to different country, passed there through customs and get back to me. But I still hope for the best. At least if I'll have to wait for 90 days I'll definitely not be getting another one but full refund.
Old 06-24-2021, 08:57 AM   #10
StraightOuttaCanadaEh
Wes

Good luck!
Old 06-24-2021, 03:38 PM   #11
RayRay88

Drives: 2017 86 860 Special Edition
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
What you say makes sence. I order about 6-10 items per months using Amazon, mainly from US and German stores. Recently ordered an item from Amazon US but seller was Japanese and shipped it from Japan. Actually it's discounted Sciborg chip for automatic doors lock and unlock on my BRZ

Though I've never seen a package which went to different country, passed there through customs and get back to me. But I still hope for the best. At least if I'll have to wait for 90 days I'll definitely not be getting another one but full refund.
If your benchmark is Amazon, then nothing will live up to your expectation. Raceseng isn't a multi billion dollar, monolithic juggernaut like Amazon. $230 for a low production machined piece of metal is a lot to them and it would be fiscally irresponsible to have an amazon like shipping/return/ policy.

Also you should be hounding USPS to get this resolved.

I too recently had an issue with a Raceseng part I ordered and they were reasonable, responsive and genuinely helpful throughout the entire process. They even took full responsibility for their defects, shipped me new parts and covered all costs associated. There were delays along the way due to vendors but that's understandably out of their control.

Like was said before stuff happens. Especially with international and cross border shipping.
RayRay88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 04:05 PM   #12
Teppka

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayRay88 View Post
If your benchmark is Amazon, then nothing will live up to your expectation. Raceseng isn't a multi billion dollar, monolithic juggernaut like Amazon. $230 for a low production machined piece of metal is a lot to them and it would be fiscally irresponsible to have an amazon like shipping/return/ policy.

Also you should be hounding USPS to get this resolved.

I too recently had an issue with a Raceseng part I ordered and they were reasonable, responsive and genuinely helpful throughout the entire process. They even took full responsibility for their defects, shipped me new parts and covered all costs associated. There were delays along the way due to vendors but that's understandably out of their control.

Like was said before stuff happens. Especially with international and cross border shipping.
If you'd try to actually read my messages you would probably understand what my benchmarks are.

I'm happy you had good experience with Receseng. I didn't. While I did mostly have next day replies to my emails from Raceseng I can't say my experience with them is satisfying. It's actually concerning as I understand the item they shipped you had defects. I really hope mine wouldn't have defects (if delivered) as I'm an international customer. Waiting for replacement for another 90 days is more than I can take

Your suggestion for me to solve it with USPS is invaluable. Try ordering something from Japan using Japan Post as delivery and once item is shipped to Korea try to contact Japan Post trying to resolve it. That's about what you're recommending me doing.
Old 06-24-2021, 04:15 PM   #13
RayRay88

Drives: 2017 86 860 Special Edition
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
If you'd try to actually read my messages you would probably understand what my benchmarks are.

I'm happy you had good experience with Receseng. I didn't. While I did mostly have next day replies to my emails from Raceseng I can't say my experience with them is satisfying. It's actually concerning as I understand the item they shipped you had defects. I really hope mine wouldn't have defects (if delivered) as I'm an international customer. Waiting for replacement for another 90 days is more than I can take

Your suggestion for me to solve it with USPS is invaluable. Try ordering something from Japan using Japan Post as delivery and once item is shipped to Korea try to contact Japan Post trying to resolve it. That's about what you're recommending me doing.
I have read what you posted. What you expected to happen was that Raceseng send you another part immediately because you can not wait 90days (which is a reasonable, albeit unfortunate period). Then you continue to complain about it on the internet.

Defects happen, while annoying, human/machine error is a part of everyday manufacturing life. While all efforts should be made to avoid it, sometimes things go wrong. What sets companies apart from others is owning it and trying to correct it immediately. That is why I would continue to recommend Raceseng regardless of my experience with their defective product.
RayRay88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 04:30 PM   #14
Teppka

While you expect companies to correct it immediately you're OK in recommending me to wait for 90 days. I'll wait of course, there is nothing much I can do now. $230 for a shift knob maybe nothing for you but for me it's an investment. And yes, considering the amount I paid I was expecting a sooner and more workable solution beside waiting for three months.