follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > NY / NJ / CT / PA

NY / NJ / CT / PA NY, NJ, CT, PA

User Tag List

Old 10-14-2019, 02:52 PM   #1
HazardousWaster

Drives: 2012 BRZ SE LUX
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Workshop recommendations around NYC

Hi all,

I'm heading over to Wyoming for a ski season (from the UK) and am investigating the (admittedly ridiculous) prospect of bringing my BRZ with me. The temporary import actually looks quite plausible, just need to make sure it's in the same cost range as renting/leasing/buying something for the five months I'll be there.

I'll be shipping my car to NYC (or potentially Baltimore) but there's a small laundry list of things I need to do at some point, and it kind-of-sort-of makes sense to do them here.
- winter tyre changeover (trivial, but actually needs to be done)
- door replacement (don't ask ) - I'll need to order one and have it sprayed and fitted. I'd actually be fine fitting the door myself (already had the other one off for unrelated reasons and have replaced the engine myself)
- ECUtek installation - far less important but wanted to get it done for ages and this is as good an opportunity as any

Would anybody be able to recommend a workshop they'd trust with their car in the area? If it's somewhere with such great customer service that they could be convinced to collect the car from the port once it's cleared customs, that would be amazing (I think this is possible) - then I wouldn't have to hang around NYC in the meantime.

Thanks in advance!
Jimbo
HazardousWaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 11:50 AM   #2
Soloside
-Phil's BIGGEST FAN BOI

Drives: 2014 Greddy Turbo BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HazardousWaster View Post
Hi all,

I'm heading over to Wyoming for a ski season (from the UK) and am investigating the (admittedly ridiculous) prospect of bringing my BRZ with me. The temporary import actually looks quite plausible, just need to make sure it's in the same cost range as renting/leasing/buying something for the five months I'll be there.

I'll be shipping my car to NYC (or potentially Baltimore) but there's a small laundry list of things I need to do at some point, and it kind-of-sort-of makes sense to do them here.
- winter tyre changeover (trivial, but actually needs to be done)
- door replacement (don't ask ) - I'll need to order one and have it sprayed and fitted. I'd actually be fine fitting the door myself (already had the other one off for unrelated reasons and have replaced the engine myself)
- ECUtek installation - far less important but wanted to get it done for ages and this is as good an opportunity as any

Would anybody be able to recommend a workshop they'd trust with their car in the area? If it's somewhere with such great customer service that they could be convinced to collect the car from the port once it's cleared customs, that would be amazing (I think this is possible) - then I wouldn't have to hang around NYC in the meantime.

Thanks in advance!
Jimbo

I have a few local shops near philadelphia/NYC that I trust completely with my car.

Dunnfab Motorsports
Gearone Performance
Prime Motoring