follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 2nd Gens: GR86 and BRZ > BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics

BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics General topics for the second-gen BRZ

User Tag List

Old 10-26-2023, 03:21 PM   #1
ruturaj001

Drives: BRZ 2023
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
PRICING ON 2024 BRZ

Full press release here
https://media.subaru.com/pressreleas...brz-sports-car
Attached Images

ruturaj001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2023, 03:25 PM   #2
ruturaj001

SUBARU ANNOUNCES PRICING ON 2024 BRZ SPORTS CAR
New performance-focused BRZ tS trim
EyeSight® Driver Assist Technology standard across model line
Dynamic 2.4-liter SUBARU BOXER® engine
Standard SUBARU STARLINK® 8-inch Multimedia system
Starting price of $30,195
Subaru of America, Inc. today announced pricing on the 2024 BRZ rear-wheel drive sports car. With a rev-happy 2.4-liter SUBARU BOXER® engine, precise handling and new top-of-the line tS trim, the 2024 BRZ arrives in Subaru retailers early next year.

Every 2024 BRZ is powered by a 2.4-liter (naturally aspirated) 228-hp SUBARU BOXER® engine paired with a six-speed close-ratio manual transmission or a six-speed electronic direct-control automatic transmission driving the rear wheels. For 2024, the BRZ is offered in three trim levels: Premium, Limited and tS.

For the first time, Subaru’s award-winning EyeSight Driver Assist Technology is standard across the BRZ model line, including vehicles equipped with a manual transmission. The advanced safety system includes adaptive cruise control, pre-collision braking system, lane departure and sway warning, and lead vehicle start alert.

BRZ Premium
The 2024 BRZ Premium, priced at $30,195, comes equipped with an extensive list of standard features including Keyless Access with Push-Button Start; LED headlights (low- and high-beam); dual-zone automatic climate control; Incline Start Assist; power locks including fuel-door lock; power windows with auto up/down and pinch protection; Welcome Lighting; 17-inch alloy wheels in a dark gray finish; TORSEN® limited-slip rear differential; and Vehicle Stability Control with Track Mode.

The BRZ’s tire pressure monitoring system allows two sets of wheels to be ID-registered. This enables the owner to conveniently switch to seasonal tires mounted on a second set of wheels instead of changing the tires on the original wheels. Standard Active Sound Control enhances engine sound within the cabin for a more engaging driving experience.

The latest generation BRZ blends sleek styling and classic sports car proportions that are as impressive as its handling prowess. The overall impression is modern, agile, and quick, with focused and functional aerodynamic details. The tidy coupe design cuts through the air with a low and wide frontal area set off by large functional air intakes and a low grille capped with proud fender arches that allow just enough room for suspension points. At the rear of the car, the large rear fenders and wide track flow into dual exhausts for a low and wide stance. This visual heft is lightened by a narrow greenhouse and rear decklid that flows into a dramatic upturned “ducktail” rear spoiler.

The cockpit in the sports car focuses on the driver without sacrificing passenger comfort. The clean and intuitive layout makes instruments and controls easily visible and accessible. Designed to resemble Subaru’s iconic BOXER engine, the 7-inch digital instrument panel displays the tachometer front and center with vehicle information on each side.

Flanking the tachometer on the left, a programmable meter can display amps, coolant temperature or lateral-G. When Track Mode is selected, the tachometer switches from a traditional circular form to a linear graph with a color display.

Inside, the cabin is wrapped in black upholstery with contrasting red stitching on the front seat bolsters, leather-wrapped steering wheel, shifter boot, and parking brake boot. Performance-design front seats with height-adjustable head restraints are also standard.

While its primary mission is connecting the driver to the road, the 2024 BRZ also connects occupants to the digital world with the SUBARU STARLINK® 8.0-inch Multimedia Plus infotainment system. Standard for all trim levels, the system features an Integrated Center Information Display that includes smartphone integration with Apple CarPlay® and Android™ Auto; Bluetooth® hands-free phone connectivity and audio streaming; rear vision camera; and SiriusXM® services.

The 2024 BRZ Premium is available exclusively with a six-speed close-ratio manual transmission.

BRZ Limited
With a starting price of $32,695, the 2024 BRZ Limited adds 18-inch alloy wheels in matte gray finish; Michelin® Pilot® Sport 4 summer tires; heated exterior power mirrors; an upgraded audio system that includes a 2-channel amplifier and two additional speakers; Blind-Spot Detection with Lane Keep Assist and Rear Cross-Traffic Alert; Steering Responsive Headlights with High Beam Assist; and STARLINK® Safety and Security. Front seats on the Limited trim are upholstered with Ultrasuede® with red leather accents and feature dual-mode seat-heater controls.

Available on BRZ Limited is a performance-tuned six-speed electronic direct-control automatic transmission with adaptive control and steering wheel paddle-shift control switches. The 2024 BRZ Limited with optional automatic transmission is priced at $33,645.

The All-New BRZ tS
New for this year, the 2024 BRZ tS comes equipped with STI-tuned front and rear Hitachi® dampers resulting in greater flexibility and better control and stability. A high-performance Brembo braking system, including gold-painted 4-piston front calipers, gold-painted 2-piston rear calipers and larger pads and rotors, enhances stopping power, fade resistance and pedal feel. The BRZ tS also has 18-inch wheels in dark gray metallic finish mounted with 215/40 R18 Michelin Pilot® Sport 4 tires for superior grip and quicker turn-in.

Externally, the BRZ tS is distinguished by tS badging in the front grille and on the rear decklid. The exterior foldable mirrors and roof-mounted shark fin antenna come in a Crystal Black Silica finish. The tS will be available in all colors for the 2024 BRZ model line.

Inside, the BRZ tS cabin is wrapped in black upholstery with exclusive blue stitching on the front seat bolsters, leather-wrapped steering wheel, shifter boot and parking brake boot. Standard performance-design front seats with height-adjustable head restraints feature a blue leather accent down the middle. The leather-wrapped steering wheel comes with integrated control switches for audio, cruise control and Bluetooth®. BRIN NAUB® nubuck-like material enhances the instrument panel visor and door trim. The iconic STI logo is displayed on the red starter button and customizable 7-inch digital instrument cluster, also updated with red accents.

The 2024 BRZ tS is powered by the platform’s 2.4-liter (naturally aspirated) 228-hp SUBARU BOXER® engine paired with a six-speed close-ratio manual transmission.

Based on the Limited trim, the tS also includes heated exterior power mirrors; an upgraded audio system that includes a 2-channel amplifier and two additional speakers; Blind-Spot Detection with Lane Keep Assist and Rear Cross-Traffic Alert; Steering Responsive Headlights with High Beam Assist; and STARLINK® Safety and Security, in addition to standard features found on the BRZ Premium. The new 2024 BRZ tS is priced at $35,345.
Old 10-26-2023, 05:20 PM   #3
Opie

Drives: '13 BRZ TLM Spec
Thanked 2,325 Times in 1,000 Posts
Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Garage
Not excited that there is now Eyesight on every model...I would not check that option box if I had a choice...likely with Toyota...I will...
Old 10-26-2023, 05:47 PM   #4
Gearhead23
Autoxer

Drives: WRX
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
How hard would it be to disable for daily driving???
Anyone have an idea??

Last edited by Gearhead23; 10-26-2023 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Spelling
Gearhead23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2023, 06:22 PM   #5
ruturaj001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opie View Post
Not excited that there is now Eyesight on every model...I would not check that option box if I had a choice...likely with Toyota...I will...
Why yes on Toyota?
Old 10-26-2023, 06:23 PM   #6
ruturaj001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead23 View Post
How hard would it be to disable for daily driving???
Anyone have an idea??
Hopefully with physical buttons but that's wishful thinking. I think it might be from infotainment.
Old 10-26-2023, 10:11 PM   #7
Jakuzure

Drives: 2023 SUBARU BRZ
Interesting that the automatic isn't an option on the base anymore. i wonder how bad the take rate for that combo was for the option to disappear
Jakuzure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2023, 01:48 AM   #8
LancePower

Drives: 2020 BRZ tS
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakuzure View Post
Interesting that the automatic isn't an option on the base anymore. i wonder how bad the take rate for that combo was for the option to disappear
That caught my eye too.

Really bucking the trend of the rest of autodom. Dropping the auto instead of the manual.
LancePower is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LancePower For This Useful Post:
ruturaj001 (11-01-2023)
Old 10-27-2023, 10:26 AM   #9
Racecomp Engineering

Drives: 2016 BRZ, 2012 Paris Di2 & 2018 STI
Thanked 7,242 Times in 2,963 Posts
Mentioned: 303 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Racecomp Engineering
So $2,650 for the performance pack (aka tS) now, which used to be I think $1200? I don't love it.

- Andrew
Racecomp Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Racecomp Engineering For This Useful Post:
Opie (10-31-2023)
Old 11-14-2023, 06:56 AM   #10
Balefire

Drives: Mazda 93 RX7 R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecomp Engineering View Post
So $2,650 for the performance pack (aka tS) now, which used to be I think $1200? I don't love it.

- Andrew
$1700 increase in msrp for both premium and limited trim.

Its unclear what the PP option alone for 2024 is still. PP was $1200 for my 1st gen 2017
Its also unclear what the dealer will charge to retrofit the PP on 2022-2023.
The PP brembos others have estimated cost >5k to retrofit! Yikes!

The 2024 tS should be compared to the 2017 brz series yellow pricing, not the limited+PP since both add visual tweaks.
2017 series yellow was a $2k upcharge from limited.
2024 tS is a $2.6k upcharge from limited.

There is some suspicion 2024 brz will lose the lower unsprung weight aluminum knuckles to accomodate PP brembos which many suspect are identical to 2017.

I personally hated the difficulty with aftermarket wheels clearance on the brembos on my 2017 PP.
I also hate paying 1700 more and possibly losing a key difference from the gr86.

So I just picked up a 2023 premium under MSRP. Cant wait to put wheels on and not worry!
Old 11-14-2023, 09:59 AM   #11
nextcar
Guilt free parts vulture!

Drives: 2013 FR-S - Asphalt 6MT
Thanked 1,764 Times in 934 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balefire View Post
Its also unclear what the dealer will charge to retrofit the PP on 2022-2023.
The PP brembos others have estimated cost >5k to retrofit!
I wonder about this too... I bet it won't be cheap. Also, with the dealer installed upgrade you are paying for the struts and brakes twice - the stock take offs will have close to zero resale value.
nextcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2023, 10:28 AM   #12
WNDSRFR

Drives: FR-S,GTI
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
I liked the Scion pricing better.
WNDSRFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 12:23 AM   #13
DriveDriftDogfight86

Drives: '23 BRZ Limited 6MT; '13 FR-S 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNDSRFR View Post
I liked the Scion pricing better.
A 2016 Scion FR-S started at $26,100 in 2016…adjusted for inflation, that is $33,458.25 in 2023 dollars.

The 2024 BRZ base model is $30,195
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DriveDriftDogfight86 For This Useful Post:
Desertnate (11-16-2023), Sport-Tech (11-16-2023)