follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 11-01-2012, 09:36 PM   #1
Crzbiohazard

Drives: 19 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
A change of heart towards Scion Frs?

Has anyone here ever had the chance to change an opinion or view of a skeptic or hater of the Scion Frs? Like those people or friends that talk trash on how they think it's a crappy car because of only having 200hp when they don't know how driving one feels like.

I want to hear your stories on how you guys got people to turn from haters to appreciators, or people that now love the Scion Frs and maybe considering on getting one(Or Subaru Brz).

Plus first thread I've posted haha hope it's a good one.
Crzbiohazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:43 PM   #2
QFry

Drives: '13 Argento FR-S
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Garage
most noticeable skeptic conversions for me were an older Mopar gent (drives a RT challenger) and a mustang GT driver (wife drives a GT as well and he has a 69 in the garage...he really likes Ford and hated imports)...threw them my keys and told them to have at and they talk shit to other people that talk shit to me in the office now yeah...they may never buy one but they sure as crap respect it now...
2013 Argento FR-S -> Lots of random PlastiDip, UNIChip Custom Tune, aFe Takeda Intake, Nameless Performance front pipe and axle back exhaust, Motegi MR125 7.5x17, Rally Armour mud flaps, Gloss black vinyl roof, ACT street clutch and flywheel,Whiteline bushings; Kartboy Shortshifter and shift bushing
QFry is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to QFry For This Useful Post:
einzlr (11-02-2012)
Old 11-01-2012, 09:48 PM   #3
track_warrior
Track Junkie

Drives: Faster than the Stig!
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crzbiohazard View Post
Has anyone here ever had the chance to change an opinion or view of a skeptic or hater of the Scion Frs? Like those people or friends that talk trash on how they think it's a crappy car because of only having 200hp when they don't know how driving one feels like.

I want to hear your stories on how you guys got people to turn from haters to appreciators, or people that now love the Scion Frs and maybe considering on getting one(Or Subaru Brz).

Plus first thread I've posted haha hope it's a good one.
A friend of mine with a e92 M3 bashed me every single day for having sold my power cars ( S14.5 400 WHP and C63) he called my car: chicks car, underpowered pos, rice rocket etc. It was all fun and games for him until my little crappy FR-S with no more than boltons , sticky tires, and full suspension raped his ass at the track . He seemed to change his mind pretty quickly and stopped calling it a chicks car the moment he saw he could not shake me at the track and my little FR-S was keeping up smelling his rear bumper lap after lap. I love inertia cars!!
Chupacabra (11-02-2012), Guff (11-02-2012), LeeMaster (11-10-2012)
Old 11-01-2012, 09:49 PM   #4
ALbadboy

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited (WRB MT)
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I have a friend who really wanted a new Genesis Coupe 2.0T and was saying how underpowered the FR-S was. Then I explained the heritage and what this car stood for along being build from the ground up and not a shared platform for a sedan. Took him for a ride in some extreme twisies and he is now considering both cars... but it helps he's always been a fan of Subaru too.
ALbadboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:50 PM   #5
Boxer-86

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I was a skeptic when the FR-S came out, but now own one as a daily driver. I think it's an awesome platform, but needs another 100 hp from the factory. I would have bought a used Elise instead for 25k, but can't justify owning two two-seaters with a wife, child, and another on the way..
Old 11-01-2012, 09:54 PM   #6
dem00n
Member of the year - 2016

Drives: Scion FRS
Thanked 2,427 Times in 1,111 Posts
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Well my friend with a First gen ford focus will argue to the death about how his car is better then mine and will take corners better than my car.
dem00n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:55 PM   #7
fistpoint

Drives: Supercharged Golf Cart
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Anyone who has owned or driven a Civic Si from the last 6-7 years, or an RSX-S shouldn't dare talk shit about the twins performance, unless they are just plain ignorant. Now people coming from muscle cars might have a point, until you mention the cost difference at which point it then becomes about which car looks and/or handles better.
fistpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:38 PM   #8
wallace03

Drives: WRB BRZ
Idle issue is the only thing that is making me skeptical.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:51 PM   #9
blu_

Drives: SWP BRZ LTD
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Most of the random people who have approached me in person with skeptical comments (always power related) I have quickly dismissed as idiots after talking cars with them for 5 minutes.

All my friends seem to love the car... except one who thinks his stock automatic 97 Volvo V70 wagon would beat my car in a straight line/track/anywhere else. But like the people mentioned above he is also an idiot.
blu_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:15 AM   #10
Splat

Drives: FR-S ultramarine
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcasso87 View Post
A friend of mine with a e92 M3 bashed me every single day for having sold my power cars ( S14.5 400 WHP and C63) he called my car: chicks car, underpowered pos, rice rocket etc. It was all fun and games for him until my little crappy FR-S with no more than boltons , sticky tires, and full suspension raped his ass at the track . He seemed to change his mind pretty quickly and stopped calling it a chicks car the moment he saw he could not shake me at the track and my little FR-S was keeping up smelling his rear bumper lap after lap. I love inertia cars!!
Today I did see 2 ladies in new camaro,one had plates "2quick", and one in mustang. What defines chick car ?
lol
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:27 AM   #11
Tigranakert

Drives: Hot Lava FRS 2013
Well everything was hated at the beginning. Starting with my parents, I convinced almost all my relatives and friends (as far as i know.) The rest stay ignorant and call it crappy and how the blah blah car has more horsepower, then they name a car 50k+ price. At that point I just stop and node my head knowing they won't change. After all you could fill so much more hp and stuff with 25k more.
Tigranakert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:28 AM   #12
track_warrior
Track Junkie

Drives: Faster than the Stig!
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Today I did see 2 ladies in new camaro,one had plates "2quick", and one in mustang. What defines chick car ?
lol
In his words " A car that is good looking but slow as hell " Glad i could shut him up around the track though......
Old 11-02-2012, 12:32 AM   #13
Accurate Race Shop

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Garage
I love my FR-S and the biggest group of people that talk crap about the car are the big civic fans. They seem to really have something against the car. On the other hand FR-S people are talking crap about a lot of cars that are clearly 3x more expensive and 3x better. Like an FR-S guy that was trying to talk crap about my friends Ferrari 458 and my Z06 I own an FR-S and I know my corvette is better but it also came with a much larger price tag. Thankfully he is not on this forum I feel he would just instigate problems.
Accurate Race Shop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:26 PM   #14
cf6mech

Drives: FRS Silver LS1 swapped.
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Well,....I was a Mustang guy till , on a whim , test drove one with a salesman who use to race scca and let me have a go with it on corners he had already picked out,....bought it that day.....and yah I was a skeptic,....and it is slow,....but it does all the other things oh so well.
cf6mech is offline   Reply With Quote