follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 09-29-2015, 02:46 PM   #43
go_a_way1
Not Bаnned Anymore

Drives: Heavily Modified FRS
Thanked 8,274 Times in 4,797 Posts
Mentioned: 355 Post(s)
Tagged: 374 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzleSAURUS View Post
That sounds like the thermostat is a bit overactive. I would contact Mishimoto about that perhaps.

Another idea, how about a bracket that lets you loosen it, and rotate it up 90 degrees up out of the airflow through the bumper for cooler temps? If not, a plastic cutting board with a few holes drilled in it, and bolts sandwiching it over the cooler!
I did waiting for a reply. ( @Mishimoto you on here?)

I like that idea but I am not sure there is room, it is a 19row core so it would hit the rad I bet. I am going to try cardboard fist before the snow to see if that helps then just cut a truck winter grill thing to size.

Edit: I also would like to not remove the bumper again.
go_a_way1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 03:04 PM   #44
JazzleSAURUS

Drives: 15 BRZ LTD, 05 FXT
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by go_a_way1 View Post
I did waiting for a reply. ( @Mishimoto you on here?)

I like that idea but I am not sure there is room, it is a 19row core so it would hit the rad I bet. I am going to try cardboard fist before the snow to see if that helps then just cut a truck winter grill thing to size.

Edit: I also would like to not remove the bumper again.
Fair. Try the cardboard and duct tape routine, and use it for a template for something a bit nicer! haha.
SOLD: 2015 WRB BRZ Limited ('02 WRX BBS, S-04's, Stoptech Sport pads, MXP SP, AVO drop in filter, Mishimoto Intake tube, decatted header, OFT 93 Stage 2 EL Tune, Kartboy rear shifter bushing, Whiteline transmission and subframe lockout bushings, ST Coilovers, SPC Camber bolts w/smaller crash bolt, SPC LCA's & SPC Toe Arm bushings, Red TOMs, TRD Wing.)
JazzleSAURUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 05:29 AM   #45
Naco

Drives: 2015 Steel FR-S MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by go_a_way1 View Post
Also just a heads up even with a 200F thermostat the oil will still be over cooled under normal street driving. Under race enviroments it works awesome though!
But now is this for cold climate areas? Normally for cold climates, you'd loop the lines effectively having a factory non-cooled system.

My plan was to get the Jackson Racing kit and then order the 200F from Mocal so the oil might have a chance of hitting 212F when pushing it a bit to get the water to vaporize in it. Plus right around 200F is where my oil likes to sit in day to day driving before it gets higher and the block starts heating up the coolant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatic View Post
As I did, oil pressure off the main oil galley and oil temp off the ECU via my "Scan Gauge".
This is also what I am looking to finish up. Already got the Scan Gauge, just need to figure out a good spot for an oil pressure gauge of sorts in the interior that's not in the way.
Old 10-01-2015, 08:35 AM   #46
go_a_way1
Not Bаnned Anymore

Drives: Heavily Modified FRS
Thanked 8,274 Times in 4,797 Posts
Mentioned: 355 Post(s)
Tagged: 374 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naco View Post
But now is this for cold climate areas? Normally for cold climates, you'd loop the lines effectively having a factory non-cooled system.

My plan was to get the Jackson Racing kit and then order the 200F from Mocal so the oil might have a chance of hitting 212F when pushing it a bit to get the water to vaporize in it. Plus right around 200F is where my oil likes to sit in day to day driving before it gets higher and the block starts heating up the coolant.

This is also what I am looking to finish up. Already got the Scan Gauge, just need to figure out a good spot for an oil pressure gauge of sorts in the interior that's not in the way.
I feel my thermostat may be defective so I am working with
@Mishimoto all though they seem to be taking forver to respond which is weird. They are normally really good. On hot days with a 200 thermostat you will probably beable to get 212 just sitting in traffic haah!

Yeah my plan "B" is to remove the sandwich plate for the winter :/
go_a_way1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 02:32 AM   #47
pcuerpo

Drives: Toyota 86
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Send a message via ICQ to pcuerpo Send a message via Yahoo to pcuerpo
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomslang View Post
I've got my oil temp sensor in the oil galley port. On the passenger side of the engine, there is another oil access port under the fuel injector cover. I'm using this access port for pressure.

bumping this up since I plan to use gulley plugs for both the oil temp and oil pressure since I also have the Perrin oil cooler and doesnt know which sandwich plate will fit except for the TRD..

@boomslang, I plan to do your setup but a friend mentioned that where you placed the oil pressure sensor may not be reliable since this is far from the oil pump.. can you give your opinion on this? thanks!

IG: @pcuerpo.images
pcuerpo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pcuerpo For This Useful Post:
jdnguyen (05-01-2016)